Jamie's single turbo Legacy BE5 Rev D

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Jamie's single turbo Legacy BE5 Rev D

Postby McMasterJamie » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:28 am

Hey everyone, this is my pride and joy. A 2002 Subaru Legacy B4 BE5 RevD manual in black pearl, body has done 180,000kms. I had owned two BE5's before i came across this great example that i have kept. I started with the usual wheels and lowering springs, a lip etc then got the itch for more power, while researching single turbo swaps i discovered my revd engine was more difficult to single turbo until i dug further and found you could swap in a v7 sti long block and ecu and change a few pins on the ecu to make it all work. Then came the quest for power!! I looked into what i thought was the best money / performance / priority modifications for the ej20 engine for more power but mainly response, basic bolt ons with some extras and now the car is currently at 397NM / 223KW ATW, reaching 24psi by 3750 revs. Feels very nice and responsive. I've also changed a bit with the suspension, front and rear sway bars, sti springs, upgraded endlinks, bushes. Feels really planted on the road. I put a 4.444 transmission and rear diff, along with a light weight flywheel on. This really livened up the car and made the power band much more usable and responsive. Car has 4 pot and 2 pot sti brake calipers with braided lines and new bendix pads. This works very well and is sufficient.

Engine:

V7 STI swap

VF34 with kinugawa actuator

Process West TMIC

Full turbo back exhaust, mid section custom by me with adrenalinR resonator

SSI / Tomei headers with some porting

3 port boost solenoid

Silicone under manifold intake

Hardrace engine mounts

Light weight flywheel

Grimmspeed AOS

Suspension:

Cusco front sway bar

Whiteline rear sway bar

Whiteline front and rear endlinks

STI springs

Bridgestone RE003 tires

McMasterJamie

Car: Subaru Legacy BE5

Re: Jamie's single turbo Legacy BE5 Rev D

Postby binary » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:55 pm

Brilliant work mate! I love the Gen3's, I had an RX that I kept for 10 years and planned to swap in a B4 motor. They'll always hold a special place in my heart :blush:
MY05 Liberty GT auto wagon | Ultrex dump pipe, tuned by Torqued Performance http://www.torquedperformance.com/
binary

Car: MY05 GT 5EAT wagon

Return to Post your mods