DrLui's - 2005 BLE Liberty H6 Manual

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

DrLui's - 2005 BLE Liberty H6 Manual

Postby DrLui » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:36 am

Here is my 2005 BLE Liberty H6 Manual

I picked this Liberty up pretty cheap (with a RWC) knowing that there is a lot of work that will need doing that the previous owner neglected and mistreated. I bought it sight unseen and when i first drove it i made a list of things that need fixing in my head, and the list is long but not impossible.

First off was the starter motor, the motor the previous owner had on it was for a 2.5L and the gears was very sloppy whenever i started the car.

Next was suspension knock whenever i went over a bump, with close inspection i noticed that the sway bar bushes are loose so i placed an order with a few supporting mods. Yes i may have gone a bit overboard but i do intend on taking it to the track.
Suspension order list:
-TEIN Flex Z Coilover Suspension
-CUSCO Front Lower Arm Bar Version II
-CUSCO Rear Lower Arm Bar Version II
-CUSCO Front Sway Stabilizer Bar
-CUSCO Rear Sway Stabilizer Bar
-CUSCO Rear Pillow Ball Stabilizer Link
-CUSCO Front Stabilizer Link
-CUSCO Strut Bar Type AS Rear
-CUSCO Strut Bar Type AS Front
-CUSCO Radiator Cooling Plate Aluminum

Next i am going to replace the STI rims with a set of MY10 Liberty rims powdercoated gun metal grey

After i get the suspension and rims sorted i might get the engine breathing a bit better i.e. Headders, high flow cat, cat back exhaust, custom intake pipes. Im not after huge gains, just let the motor breathe better.

Apart from that there are heaps of little things that need doing as listed bellow which i can slowly do on my spare time
-Flush all fluids and replace them with the correct fluids for the car, gives me piece of mind.
-AC not working, had the gas topped up and still wont engage, and no power getting to the compressor. need to track the wiring and sus it out
-Tidy up the interior, carpets, dash mat etc
-I have a Pivot Throttle Controller 3-Drive throttle controller i might trow in.
-Install Double DIN Stereo, possibly an Android unit
-Remote locking is temperamental, thinking its just just a loose fitting behind the glove box
-Rear right door isn't locking with the central locking, got a replacement actuator just need to install it
-A good cut and polish

This is when i picked it up

Doing its work duties

After i got it registered in my name and custom plates onto it

3 different Starter motoros before i got the starter motor sorted

A month has passed

I have slowly been installing the suspension mods when i have a bit of spare time, only have the rear sway bar and the chassis braces to go. The coilovers are great and just like my old ones they are really comfortable on the road and with adjustment they handle really well around corners.

The MY10 Liberty rims that I have were a bit worse for ware but i am in the process of getting them powdercoated gun metal grey, bellow is a pic of the before shot when i dropped them off to the powdercoaters.

Lastly i got someone to knock up an intake to replace all the stock baffles, to get a bit better airflow. The intake came up better than i though it would.

How it looks with the coilovers

This is a pic of the old sway bars next to the Cusco bars

Before photo of the rims

New stainless steel intake

New intake compared to the stock one, you can see how much baffles the stock intake has

Cumpulsury engine shot
DrLui

Car: H6 Liberty

Re: DrLui's - 2005 BLE Liberty H6 Manual

Postby MadmanSean » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:30 am

Hi and Welcome!
Very nice list of mods and plans mate :D Keen to see how this progresses, soo much Cusco bling already i love it!

In regards to this - "-I have a Pivot Throttle Controller 3-Drive throttle controller i might trow in."
Just throw it in the bin and get a KIDO tune, KIDO tune will be much much better than that thing will ever try todo.

Awesome intake pipe really makes the engine bay look alot cleaner. Keep the progress coming!
Subaru ECU Unbricking, Unlocking and Bench Flashing/Recovery service! Check out SICK CHIPS @ https://www.facebook.com/SickChips/
http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=35489
If you'd like to say thank you feel free to Buy me a coffee https://www.buymeacoffee.com/sickchips
MadmanSean

Car: 2007 Libert GT SpecB wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33793

Postby DrLui » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:56 am

MadmanSean wrote:In regards to this - "-I have a Pivot Throttle Controller 3-Drive throttle controller i might trow in."
Just throw it in the bin and get a KIDO tune, KIDO tune will be much much better than that thing will ever try todo.

Cheers, Ill see how i go. I have the Pivot in my garage from my old car, not hard to install too. If i don't like it ill chuck it and get a KIDO tune :good:
DrLui

Postby applegeek897 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:09 pm

Looks good man, did you have to remove headers to fit the front swaybar and did the Cusco come with the sway mounts or were they seperate?
Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -
applegeek897

Car: 05' 3R-B Wagon, 00' Daihatsu Cuore
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31247

Postby DrLui » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:25 pm

applegeek897 wrote:Looks good man, did you have to remove headers to fit the front swaybar and did the Cusco come with the sway mounts or were they seperate?

Yes the headers had to come off but on the EZ30 they are one of the easiest headers i've ever had to remove. The mounts did come with the sway bars but i did order the stabiliser links separately to replace the stock ones
DrLui

Postby applegeek897 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:40 pm

DrLui wrote:
applegeek897 wrote:Looks good man, did you have to remove headers to fit the front swaybar and did the Cusco come with the sway mounts or were they seperate?

Yes the headers had to come off but on the EZ30 they are one of the easiest headers i've ever had to remove. The mounts did come with the sway bars but i did order the stabiliser links separately to replace the stock ones

Thanks for the quick response man, I knew I would have to get new endlinks. Did you reuse the original header gasket?
applegeek897

Postby gtbsti » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:10 pm

nice mod list and car is sitting nicely on the teins.
gtbsti

Car: MY08 GT Spec.B Tuned By STi Wagon
Profile URL: JDM Wagonist

Postby Spec BSC » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:34 am

Looking good, always nice to see another H6 getting some love. Maybe you should have bought some shares in Cusco! Great list of parts fitted.
The first engine died after eating to much CAT
The second engine died of a broken piston
The third engine is in the car
The fourth engine is in the machine shop

So far: Rotrex Supercharger (16 psi) FMIC,DW300c fuel pump, ID1050 injectors
Producing 431bhp and 350 lb/ft torque on the Rotrex SC not finished yet
Raptor headers, 75mm Milltek exhaust with Quad tips,
Custom made 4032 forged pistons by JE Pistons, forged conrods, Exedy Clutch
K sport 8 pot front, 4 pot rears all on 330mm discs, Hel brake lines
Meister R coil overs, Whiteline 21mm rear ARB, Perrin end links and strengthening brackets
Complete Whiteline kit for the front suspension including steering rack
One off Carbon effect Front grill, Carbon lip spoiler, Exterior De-chromed, LED interior light conversion.
Recaro Leather front seats with all functionality.
Waist spoiler, Smoked rear lights,, LED sill plates, LED sidelights
Prodrive PFF7's 18x8, in Bronze shod with 235/40/18 Goodyears.
Spec BSC

Car: Spec B supercharged, forged engine
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=25835

Postby DrLui » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:21 am

applegeek897 wrote:Thanks for the quick response man, I knew I would have to get new endlinks. Did you reuse the original header gasket?

Lol i was quick yesterday but not with this response. I just left the old gaskets on, i have in the passed with my old cars with dump pipes and extractors and never had an issue.

Spec BSC wrote:Looking good, always nice to see another H6 getting some love. Maybe you should have bought some shares in Cusco! Great list of parts fitted.

Yea this car has had a hard life and now its finally getting some love.

I could have gone a bit more crazy with Cusco parts but finances got in the way as always
DrLui

Postby DrLui » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:37 am

Small little update

After living at our house form nearly 10 months i have finally cleared the garage and i can par 2 cars in there now

Got the rims powdercoated and wrapped in rubber fitted to my Lib, had the tyre fitters set up the coilovers and did a wheel alignment while they were at it. Also had the oportuninty to have a bit of fun off road :D

DrLui

Postby applegeek897 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:53 pm

The wheels look great man, really suit the car!
applegeek897

Postby ScoobyPaul » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:46 pm

Beautiful looking car mate!

The underbody brace, that fits the H6 correctly? I've been looking around for them, but they all say for turbo models only. Are they actually all the same or is there a difference?
MY07 3.0R Spec B Wagon.
Raptor intercooled supercharger kit
Raptor headers
3" SS exhaust, hi flow cats.
Nexus install and Brembos in progess...
ScoobyPaul

Car: MY07 3.0R Spec B

Postby dan_ashcroft » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:34 pm

applegeek897 wrote:The wheels look great man, really suit the car!

They do look good. They also save over 3kgs on each wheel when compared to the big and heavy 18s that came with the pre-face 3RBs. (Weighed them when I swapped mine.)

Although I do believe that the gold STI wheels in earlier pics would probably be a little bit lighter..?
dan_ashcroft

Car: MY06 3.0R-B on E85

Return to Post your mods