GReddy Front Mount Intercooler

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Postby animal » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:31 pm

Did the front mount add more lag compared with the top mount? Love the engine bay.
animal

Postby bonski » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:34 am

1snap1 wrote:yesss dat would be the most freeeekn hawtest lib ive seen loll

lol(zer)
Current : 2011 E92 335i Coupe M Sport
It was a great 6 years, farewell : 07 Lib GTB Tuned by STi
bonski

Postby Arith » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:23 pm

animal wrote:Did the front mount add more lag compared with the top mount? Love the engine bay.

Opps! Missed your post! Although power delivery has been moved up by about +400 RPM, there is pretty much no noticeable lag. It still responds well and kicks in at 2,8000 RPM. Phat made the piping small enough so that the velocity is maintained, and I'm still on the stock turbo. It's still very much a street fighter. :P

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Mano™ » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:35 pm

That's what you want Jimbo :) love it! soon soon :oops:
Mano™
-stickered-

Car: MY06 Liberty GT

Postby SUB4RU » Fri May 08, 2009 12:39 pm

Does the Sard fuel pump u used fit straight in? Or was that a bit of a muck around too? If straight swap, what model was it?

Daz
SOLD: 263.5kw atw B4 Liberty (GT35R, 2.2 Stroker, 6spd)

NEW: Finally bought an 07 Liberty Spec B t/b STI :) and it begins....
SUB4RU

Postby Arith » Fri May 08, 2009 2:18 pm

SUB4RU wrote:Does the Sard fuel pump u used fit straight in? Or was that a bit of a muck around too? If straight swap, what model was it?

Yes, it's a direct fit. Unfortunately I don't know the model number as I paid someone else to get it and fit it for me.

Arith
-stickered-

Postby 04GTLIB » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:08 pm

Jim.
Just wandering if you could post up or PM me the dimensions of your FMIC please.

Thanks,
Rusty.
04GTLIB

Car: MY04 GT Liberty Wagon

Postby julzzychan » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:52 pm

its just prefect fit for u jimbo!

no doubt the hottest lib on forum again :D
Cheers,

Julz

Current - -> MY07 Liberty TBSTI Sedan Black #139/300 - Charcoal Rims, Phat Dump/ Mid pipe, K&N Filter

AWD - SOLD -> MY07 Liberty Obsidian Black[/b] BL5 EJ255 6SP Manual - STI'ed
| 6000K HID | LED I/O | STi Front/Rear Lip Spoilers | STI Braided Brake Lines | Silver 18" x 7.5 Enkei | Phat Dump Pipe | Centre - S/S Flex with 3" Resonator joint with 2.5" S/S Y split to M/S Hurricane Quad Mufflers | Blackened Grill | CF Stanza Eye Lid | Factory Sat-Nav | Resonator Delete | 50% Smoked Taillight | K2 Roof Finisher | Zero Side Strake Pair | DAMD Rear Extension pair | Cobb SF Intake Black | Grimspeed 3-port BCS | AVO Turbo Inlet + 265lph Fuel Pump | KidoTuned 189kW ATW |

1WR - SOLD -> MY06 Honda Black/Grey CBR600RR | Jardine RT-One Slip-On Pipe | ASV Lever | Diable Rosso II | Braided Brake Lines | Quick Shifter | PCIII
julzzychan
-stickered-

Car: 07 Liberty TBSTI #139/300

Postby Arith » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:54 am

04GTLIB wrote:Just wandering if you could post up or PM me the dimensions of your FMIC please.

Sorry, Rusty. Parts were ordered and work was done all by the Phat man. I didn't touch a single thing exact to pay the man. So you'll have to PM him for the dimensions.

But the GReddy front mount is passe now. Phat has the front mounts custom made nowadays to fit the exact dimensions of your front bar as well as any requirements you may have (ie- keep the majority of the reinforcement bar instead of losing it entirely).

Arith
-stickered-

Postby 04GTLIB » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:18 am

Thanks Jim.
I'm still undecided about whether to go front mount or top mount. :?
I might send Phat a PM and get a little more info on the front mount option.

Cheers.
04GTLIB

Postby SillySora » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:08 pm

I hate this car soooooo much jokes. The dark side will make you strong btw
SillySora

Car: My 08 Liberty

Postby Arith » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:59 pm

04GTLIB wrote:I'm still undecided about whether to go front mount or top mount. :?

What are you overall plans for the car in the future? Unless you're doing a turbo upgrade or planning one, I would say a aftermarket top mount is more than enough for a stock turbo. While you'll see gains from a front mount regardless of a turbo upgrade, you won't capitalise on it's full potential without a larger turbo.

So if you're sticking to the factory turbo, just get the top mount. Otherwise if you're planning a larger turbo, coupling it with a front mount would be ideal. That's why you always see people pairing up their turbo upgrades with a front mount.

I got my front mount as a prelude to a turbo upgrade further down the line.

Arith
-stickered-

Postby 04GTLIB » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:41 pm

Arith wrote:
04GTLIB wrote:I'm still undecided about whether to go front mount or top mount. :?

What are you overall plans for the car in the future? Unless you're doing a turbo upgrade or planning one, I would say a aftermarket top mount is more than enough for a stock turbo. While you'll see gains from a front mount regardless of a turbo upgrade, you won't capitalise on it's full potential without a larger turbo.

So if you're sticking to the factory turbo, just get the top mount. Otherwise if you're planning a larger turbo, coupling it with a front mount would be ideal. That's why you always see people pairing up their turbo upgrades with a front mount.

I got my front mount as a prelude to a turbo upgrade further down the line.

Thanks Jim.
I'll stick with a top mount for now as I'm sure I'll be more than happy with one of these a new dump pipe and a tune.
If I do decide on a turbo upgrade in the future, as you said I can always pair them up then.

Cheers.
04GTLIB

Postby gordy » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:04 pm

Arith wrote:Phat has the front mounts custom made nowadays to fit the exact dimensions of your front bar as well as any requirements you may have (ie- keep the majority of the reinforcement bar instead of losing it entirely).

+1 for the next group buy :)
Parting out....
gordy

Car: MY07 GT-B Manual

Postby Arith » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:15 pm

04GTLIB wrote:If I do decide on a turbo upgrade in the future, as you said I can always pair them up then.

I forgot to say that the front mount is the next step in the upgrade path, but not a necessity. A lot of folks out there still have the top mount paired with a larger turbo and are happy with the setup.

Arith
-stickered-

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods