Member Profile-(Libacy Gt) Gen V Gt AUTO Wagon

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile-(Libacy Gt) Gen V Gt AUTO Wagon

Postby superjoshism » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:33 pm

applegeek897 wrote:Pity mate, would you consider a 6MT car and just swapping engines over? That might be the cheapest and best option. In saying that the Gen 5 5+1 box would still need to be swapped out for something else.

Correct there mate. The GenV box won't handle much beyond stock power. I've previously contacted AllDriveSubaroo, and they have the capability to build a stronger GenV transmission to suit however. Another option is to retrofit a non-DCCD 6speed, but that will require quite a lot of fabrication work from what I've read.
'09 MY10 Liberty GT Premium, 6MT, Pearl White
Summit Front Strut Bar | Cusco Rear Strut Bar | Whiteline F&R Swaybars | Kartboy F&R Endlinks | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs | Whiteline Anti-Lift | Whiteline Roll Centre Correction | Perrin Shifter Stop | Perrin Brass Shifter Bush | Perrin Short Shift Adapter | Perrin Steering Lockdown | STI GroupN Transmission Mount | Whiteline Positive Shift Bushes | Whiteline Rear Diff Inserts | Whiteline Rear Subframe Inserts | Whiteline LCA Bushes | Intake Resonator Delete | HKS Dump | GFB Respons BPV | DBA T2's | Goodridge Brake Lines

Build thread here
superjoshism

Car: MY10 Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27908

Postby alexeiwoody » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:51 pm

I'm selling my fully built 5EAT in the coming weeks, from a postFL gen4. If your transmission code is indeed 5EAT - you might be able to use most of the hard ware/internals inside yours, as I'm assuming at least the sensors will be different. I can look into how similar they are.

Handled 300kw for a few years just fine. Fantastic box to drive, miles better than the stock 5EAT in both putting power to the ground and response.
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 43
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby Libacy Gt » Fri May 04, 2018 9:54 pm

applegeek897 wrote:Pity mate, would you consider a 6MT car and just swapping engines over? That might be the cheapest and best option. In saying that the Gen 5 5+1 box would still need to be swapped out for something else.

really cannot go through that process , cant afford any unknown path.
Libacy Gt

Car: Lib Gt Wagon Gen 5, 5EAT 2011
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34162

Postby Libacy Gt » Fri May 04, 2018 9:59 pm

alexeiwoody wrote:I'm selling my fully built 5EAT in the coming weeks, from a postFL gen4. If your transmission code is indeed 5EAT - you might be able to use most of the hard ware/internals inside yours, as I'm assuming at least the sensors will be different. I can look into how similar they are.

Handled 300kw for a few years just fine. Fantastic box to drive, miles better than the stock 5EAT in both putting power to the ground and response.

yeh alot of the Gen 4 and Gen 5 internals are the same, but valve body is completely different.
but im not going to do anything other then working on my own transmission if the same setup has been tested before. right now cant afford anything anyway.
Libacy Gt

Car: Lib Gt Wagon Gen 5, 5EAT 2011
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34162

Previous

Return to Post your mods