Member Profile - Lorby's liberty

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Lorby's liberty

Postby lorby » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:34 pm

Alrighty, so found the answer to above. Turns out they ship with adapters normally. Looks like the set I got from yahoo JP didn'tm have them, also discovered later on that the Display panel that came with the adapter has no working backlight. Disappointing considering how much it cost. Cut the screw tabs off my old display panel and mounted it to the adapter. Used a heatgun, some sikaflex and some sealijng rubber to fit my cut up vents from my origibnal cubby to fit over these ones.

All done and all fitted now:

Used an ftdi 2323 OBD2 usb adapter and seems to be working great. BTSSM is responsive and gives heaps of options. I haven't finished setting up gauges and stuff yet. I have some very interesting learned values though and my car is basically knock central atm which I will have to look into.

New AFR sensors and MAF sensor fitted. Also made sure my passengers won't get sprayed with hot shrapnel and disabled the passenger side air bag.

They look alright when I finally get around to cleaning them :P.

lorby

Car: MY05 3.0R-b

Postby lorby » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Changed out one of the rear hubs/bearings

In doing so I found a bit of an issue with the rear pads. NFI how I missed it when I installed them, must have been in a rush :(. Teach me to be impatient.

The locating pins are incorrect. Fucking brembo. Not even sure why they were there since the tabs on the side keep the pad in place more than any of these dicky little locators would.

Shaved them off and all good now.

Also made a quick mod to the prelude

lorby

Postby lorby » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:44 pm

Bit slack on the updates!

Brembo pads were fucked and I ended up swapping them out for some remsa pads. Brakesdirect haven't been overly helpful even though they admitted the pads were sent out with a manufacturing defect (none of their stock have the pins apparently).

Did a little bit of wiring on the tail lights. Was wondering why on earth there was 3 wire sockets and dual filament lamps fitted to the top of the pre-fl sedan tail light when all it does is parker duties. Thanks to Zach on fb he showed me the harness pulled apart and what do you know, the third wire is cut from factory short and then taped back up. A little bit of soldering and some wire and have converted them to fully functional brake lamp/parkers now

Have a bit of a vibration through the pedals/floor that starts around 60 (can't feel it through the steeering). Leaning towatrds the passenger side CV, will change it over when it's not so damn hot!

Have also ordered a new clutch as my original is on it's last legs, have also ordered a new rear main seal as I'm 90% sure that's where the oil all over my steering rack is coming from (could also possibly be contributing to the clutch)
lorby

Previous

Return to Post your mods