Member Profile - robsh6

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Member Profile - robsh6

Postby robsH6 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:35 pm

Image
Image
How the car was when i purchased her.

2006 MY07 3.0R Spec.B 6MT Sedan, Urban Grey

Well this is my first ever car, always had something for subaru's as my dad did own a 04 WRX in the previous years which is now sold .

Car was only stock for a week :lol: needed mods asap.

Current mod list as follows :


Performance
- KiDo Tune ✔
- Raptor Headers ✔
- Intake resonator delete (milkjug) ✔
- E85 ✔
- XFORCE 2.5" Catback ✔
- 3rd Cat Delete ✔
- M̶C̶A̶ ̶B̶l̶u̶e̶ ̶C̶o̶i̶l̶o̶v̶e̶r̶s̶ Ended up going for a Bilstein + TEIN Spring combo ✔
- STi Strut brace ✔
- Whiteline Anti lift kit, rear sway bar, bushes etc.
- Bridgestone Potenza 225/45/18
- club.lib sticker for +25hp ✔
- Kobe 340lph fuel pump ✔
- Braided Brake Lines
- Master Brake Cylinder Stopper
- Corgiwerx Short Shifter Kit & bushings

Exterior
-OTR Motorsports front lip ✔
- Rota Gravels 18x8.5 +44
- Respray on front bumper
- HKS180 LED lights : brake lights, reverse, foglights
- Carbon Fibre/Black grille ✔

Interior
- HKS180 LED'S Map,Dome,Boot,Rego etc.✔
- STi 6MT shifter knob ✔
- Revive the leather seats :(

Still lots more mods & pictures to come.... :o


Videos of the car:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDPHOuRcXGc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obwZUTk5GpQ&t=52s
Last edited by robsH6 on Mon May 01, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
User avatar
robsH6
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:43 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Car: Liberty 3.0R Spec.B
Real name: Roberto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34083

Re: Member Profile - robsh6

Postby applegeek897 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:13 am

Interesting stuff mate, If I were you I would go for a DW65c fuel pump instead. They are quiet and reliable and super easy to install.

@alexeiwoody has a set of Rota Gravels with tyres for sale so I would hit him up. If you need any info on H6 related things hit me up!
Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -
User avatar
applegeek897
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:02 am
Location: Sydney, NSW
Car: 05' 3R-B Wagon, 00' Daihatsu Cuore
Real name: James
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31247

Re: Member Profile - robsh6

Postby MadmanSean » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:55 am

Welcome! :D

I like your plans mate, interested to see how this goes!
For E85 the DW65c is too small in terms of reliability as the pump would need to be run with higher duty cycle for longer. The DW300 is the equivalent of Kobe 340lph and would be better suited. I myself have the Kobe 340 and it was a breeze to install, took 2 hours even with farting around... :)

P.s. Did i see you around the Frankston area yesterday?
Subaru ECU Unbricking, Unlocking and Bench Flashing/Recovery service! Check out SICK CHIPS @ https://www.facebook.com/SickChips/
http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=35489

Garage:
2007 Subaru Liberty GT SpecB wagon - RIP
Cosmic Racing Coilovers | Kobe 340 Pump | AVO 3" Inlet | ID1000 | DBA T2 Discs | MU NS400 Pads | Invidia DP | Tomei FPR | Tuspeed BCS | GTX3071 | TGV Delete | W2A Intercooled | Catch Can | 20 Row Trans Cooler | Cusco Stuff | Whiteline Stuffs | Kido Tuned E85 | Empire 3" Exhaust |

1996 Hilux Surf SSRG
Non intercooled 1kz-te | Diesel | Auto | 2" Lift | 18psi MBCS | K&N Filter | 33" Muddies | 105RWkW and a shit tonne of Torque!
User avatar
MadmanSean
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:27 pm
Location: Melbourne
Car: 2007 Libert GT SpecB wagon
Real name: Sean
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33793

Re: Member Profile - robsh6

Postby robsH6 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:57 am

applegeek897 wrote:Interesting stuff mate, If I were you I would go for a DW65c fuel pump instead. They are quiet and reliable and super easy to install.

@alexeiwoody has a set of Rota Gravels with tyres for sale so I would hit him up. If you need any info on H6 related things hit me up!


Thanks mate!! Just wondering where you got DW65c fuel pump from? I might grab one if needed! Ill hit alexei up soon on those rotas. Cheers!
User avatar
robsH6
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:43 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Car: Liberty 3.0R Spec.B
Real name: Roberto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34083

Re: Member Profile - robsh6

Postby robsH6 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:59 am

MadmanSean wrote:Welcome! :D

I like your plans mate, interested to see how this goes!
For E85 the DW65c is too small in terms of reliability as the pump would need to be run with higher duty cycle for longer. The DW300 is the equivalent of Kobe 340lph and would be better suited. I myself have the Kobe 340 and it was a breeze to install, took 2 hours even with farting around... :)

P.s. Did i see you around the Frankston area yesterday?


Thanks mate!

Yeah matt (KiDo) recommend the kobe 340 so i may go witht that! Hopefully install should be pretty easy :lol:

Not in the frankston area yesterday, but do go around the area sometimes to go to the beach house so you may see me then :o

Cheers
User avatar
robsH6
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:43 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Car: Liberty 3.0R Spec.B
Real name: Roberto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34083

Re: Member Profile - robsh6

Postby applegeek897 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:55 pm

Matt also recommended the DW65c for me. I've been told that it is plenty and that going to a DW300 would be overkill for a N/A setup even with E85 and would only just heat up the fuel. Either way I'm sure you'll be fine. Bennys Custom Works on FB can supply DW stuff for a great price with super quick turn over. I recently ordered one for a mate through him.
Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -
User avatar
applegeek897
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:02 am
Location: Sydney, NSW
Car: 05' 3R-B Wagon, 00' Daihatsu Cuore
Real name: James
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31247

Re: Member Profile - robsh6

Postby robsH6 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:31 pm

Ah ok !

Actually just ordered a kobe 340, i will let you know how it goes!
Also i gave Alexei a message but no response so far, do you know if they are still for sale?
User avatar
robsH6
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:43 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Car: Liberty 3.0R Spec.B
Real name: Roberto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34083

Re: Member Profile - robsh6

Postby BillyCorgi » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:13 pm

A kobe340 may overload the fuel regualtor system and throw out you trip computer fuel consumption.

If you are running E85 on an otherwise normal H6, then the 340 may cause erroneous figures.
flat6estate is running a 340 and since fitting it his fuel figires are out.
Get your Short Shift Adaptor viewtopic.php?f=68&t=30525
Get your Gear Shift Rejuvenation Kit viewtopic.php?f=68&t=31240
Get your Centre Differential Rebuild viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31089
Want a custom built Brake Cylinder Stopper? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31321
Need to hire a Guard Rolling Machine? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31899
Get your BillyCorgi's "Not-4-Wimps" Chilli Sauce
User avatar
BillyCorgi
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:11 pm
Location: Bankstown Area, Sydney
Car: Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon E85 Flex Fuel
Real name: Peter
Profile URL: www.facebook.com/CorgiWerx

Re: Member Profile - robsh6

Postby robsH6 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:03 pm

BillyCorgi wrote:A kobe340 may overload the fuel regualtor system and throw out you trip computer fuel consumption.

If you are running E85 on an otherwise normal H6, then the 340 may cause erroneous figures.
flat6estate is running a 340 and since fitting it his fuel figires are out.


Damn...

Does the car actually drink normally after a retune? BillyCorgi is it just the fuel regulator reading incorrect and doesn't affect the actual fuel economy its just incorrect, e.g reading high when it actually isnt?
Actually car is actually reading high already, i find it spikes up to 17.8.... :shock: then drops down to around 15-14. Havent personally seen it lower than 13.8. Still managing to get around 450kms on a tank though.
I think i may need to do a upper engine clean on it as i dont think the previous owner had done one...

Any solutions to fixing the issue when fitting the 340 or just leave it?
User avatar
robsH6
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:43 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Car: Liberty 3.0R Spec.B
Real name: Roberto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34083

Re: Member Profile - robsh6

Postby MadmanSean » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:18 am

robsH6 wrote:
BillyCorgi wrote:A kobe340 may overload the fuel regualtor system and throw out you trip computer fuel consumption.

If you are running E85 on an otherwise normal H6, then the 340 may cause erroneous figures.
flat6estate is running a 340 and since fitting it his fuel figires are out.


Damn...

Does the car actually drink normally after a retune? BillyCorgi is it just the fuel regulator reading incorrect and doesn't affect the actual fuel economy its just incorrect, e.g reading high when it actually isnt?
Actually car is actually reading high already, i find it spikes up to 17.8.... :shock: then drops down to around 15-14. Havent personally seen it lower than 13.8. Still managing to get around 450kms on a tank though.
I think i may need to do a upper engine clean on it as i dont think the previous owner had done one...

Any solutions to fixing the issue when fitting the 340 or just leave it?


If anything the car will drink less on 98 than previously if your having it tuned by Matt (Kido), His tuning abilities are pretty darn good :)
Keep in mind that just because you've changed your fuel pump to a higher flowing one does not mean that your fuel pressure has changed, nor does it mean your injector duty cycle has changed. Injector duty cycle will be increased when going to E85.

Matt (Kido) also has the ability to correct the fuel gauge so that its scaled correctly. This has been done to my car :)
Subaru ECU Unbricking, Unlocking and Bench Flashing/Recovery service! Check out SICK CHIPS @ https://www.facebook.com/SickChips/
http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=35489

Garage:
2007 Subaru Liberty GT SpecB wagon - RIP
Cosmic Racing Coilovers | Kobe 340 Pump | AVO 3" Inlet | ID1000 | DBA T2 Discs | MU NS400 Pads | Invidia DP | Tomei FPR | Tuspeed BCS | GTX3071 | TGV Delete | W2A Intercooled | Catch Can | 20 Row Trans Cooler | Cusco Stuff | Whiteline Stuffs | Kido Tuned E85 | Empire 3" Exhaust |

1996 Hilux Surf SSRG
Non intercooled 1kz-te | Diesel | Auto | 2" Lift | 18psi MBCS | K&N Filter | 33" Muddies | 105RWkW and a shit tonne of Torque!
User avatar
MadmanSean
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:27 pm
Location: Melbourne
Car: 2007 Libert GT SpecB wagon
Real name: Sean
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33793

Re: Member Profile - robsh6

Postby robsH6 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:59 am

MadmanSean wrote:If anything the car will drink less on 98 than previously if your having it tuned by Matt (Kido), His tuning abilities are pretty darn good :)
Keep in mind that just because you've changed your fuel pump to a higher flowing one does not mean that your fuel pressure has changed, nor does it mean your injector duty cycle has changed. Injector duty cycle will be increased when going to E85.

Matt (Kido) also has the ability to correct the fuel gauge so that its scaled correctly. This has been done to my car :)


Thanks for clearing this up Sean, you're correct about the fuel. It has dropped a fair amount on 98, running some fuel additive now so hopefully this clears up the injectors so its runs a little better. Ill get matt to correct the guage like yours if he can. Ill be installing the pump late dec/early jan once im back from holidays so we will see how it goes, and will probably get the headers and tune done all in the same peroid if i can. Will keep this updated!
User avatar
robsH6
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:43 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Car: Liberty 3.0R Spec.B
Real name: Roberto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34083

Re: Member Profile - robsh6

Postby applegeek897 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:53 am

The car is normally better on fuel on 98 with Matts tune. It's terrible on E85, not matts fault, just how it goes.
Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -
User avatar
applegeek897
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:02 am
Location: Sydney, NSW
Car: 05' 3R-B Wagon, 00' Daihatsu Cuore
Real name: James
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31247

Re: Member Profile - robsh6

Postby robsH6 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:46 am

applegeek897 wrote:The car is normally better on fuel on 98 with Matts tune. It's terrible on E85, not matts fault, just how it goes.


Yeah the car is so much better on 98, how bad is it on e85 so im prepared? Max 400km on a tank?

Are the power gains are worth it?
User avatar
robsH6
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:43 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Car: Liberty 3.0R Spec.B
Real name: Roberto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34083

Re: Member Profile - robsh6

Postby applegeek897 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:22 am

Power gain IMO yes, the place I really noticed it was WAY more low end torque and throttle response. I am VERY lucky to get over 300, basically never happens, then again my car was also fairly shit on 98 and its a VERY used engine. Plus all my driving is urban and drive it hard.

Example clips if your interested,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMjPVt23lwI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mAnrukRa_Q
Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -
User avatar
applegeek897
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:02 am
Location: Sydney, NSW
Car: 05' 3R-B Wagon, 00' Daihatsu Cuore
Real name: James
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31247

Re: Member Profile - robsh6

Postby robsH6 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:58 am

applegeek897 wrote:Power gain IMO yes, the place I really noticed it was WAY more low end torque and throttle response. I am VERY lucky to get over 300, basically never happens, then again my car was also fairly shit on 98 and its a VERY used engine. Plus all my driving is urban and drive it hard.

Example clips if your interested,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMjPVt23lwI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mAnrukRa_Q


Car sounds mint! Yeah ive noticed it does have that little dip low end on P98, after revving past 3k+ she goes. Curious to see how much i get on a tank, only have 68700kms on the car :o i dont think ill daily E85 unless its cheaper than petrol and/or want to drive it hard.
User avatar
robsH6
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:43 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Car: Liberty 3.0R Spec.B
Real name: Roberto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34083

Next

Return to Post your mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests