Member Profile - GradzLib 07 GT

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Member Profile - GradzLib 07 GT

Postby gradzlib » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:04 am

Been on here for a few months now... thought it was time to stop lurking and post a few things so I've got something to look back on.

First of all im in Adelaide but work away, generally for a week at a time before coming back for a few days. So time to spend on my car is fleeting but absence makes the heart grow fonder :-D.

Purchased my 2007 Liberty GT Premium in early August. I've always wanted a lib ever since getting my license but have always found myself side tracked by other makes.
As I started working away, I gave away my old car (Nissan Maxima TI-L 05) and went without for close to 12 months, sharing the Mrs' car. I saved a few dollars but realised I was losing my mind not having my own car to enjoy on my days off...
I was so close to getting a WRX but lucky seen this little gem come up, managed to get a great price and haven't looked back. The way I see it; the money I've saved can go towards mods and getting it up to the level of some of the other cars on this forum.

The car came with SatNav and I am happy at this stage with the factory Macintosh audio setup. The only thing I need asap is Bluetooth for tunes, as triple J only gets me so far.
As a stop-gap I've sourced a cheap Bluetooth usb dongle to connect to the AUX line. This is ok but not ideal for the long term as it tends to drive me nuts with connectivity sometimes.

At this stage I have replaced the stock exhaust with a 3" TBE (going for an MRT dump pipe), resprayed the front bumper as it had seen a lot of action and gotten rid of all the small dents around the exterior.
Next up for performance is a Hyperflow TMIC, followed by a 3 port solenoid (already purchased), Kobe inlet + MAF pipe and hopefully a tune.
Wish list for the next 12 months: I see my car having coilovers, slotted rotors and a strut brace, VF52. As well as a front lip, rear diffuser and perhaps a STI boot lip if I can source the parts for decent $$$.

The interior still needs attention as the previous owner managed to damage the rear cup holder and scratch up the crash pad / dash pretty bad on the passenger side. I already purchased a complete centre console with rear cup holders but i'm yet to get this fitted, figuring I'd source a few more parts first.
I'm a fan of the fitted standard Spec B wheels but I feel these will be gone before too long, as I look to replaced the rotors and pads with something better.

That's about it for now, will get some pics up when I manage to figure out how.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, would be great to hear from the ADL guys on who they use for tuning, parts etc.
I realise im late to the Gen 4 party but hopefully I get some good pointers on what to do & not do.

cheers,

Gradz
Subaru Liberty GT Sedan MY07 ~ SatNav option ~ VF52 ~ E85 flex tune ~ MRT stainless dump pipe ~ 3" TBE ~ DBA T3's
gradzlib

Car: Lib 07 GT Prem - Sat Nav
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33981

Re: Member Profile - GradzLib 07 GT

Postby gradzlib » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:46 am

first photo 8)
Subaru Liberty GT Sedan MY07 ~ SatNav option ~ VF52 ~ E85 flex tune ~ MRT stainless dump pipe ~ 3" TBE ~ DBA T3's
gradzlib

Postby gradzlib » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:01 am

go-fast Xmas wishlist.

besides these, I've been trying to source a honeycomb / sti grill second hand but haven't had much success.
not ken to pay the fee Subaru are asking either :angry2:
gradzlib

Postby gradzlib » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:16 am

these are the dents I had removed recently. in total, there was about 10 around the car, which realistically contributed to me getting the car for the price I did.

I had quotes ranging from 600$(for only the dents on the bonnet) all the way to 4 grand to get all of them fixed. ended up getting rid of all of them (except for 1 on the rear of the car) for $250.
pays to shop around.
if anyone is in SA and interested I can pm you the guys number who did the work.

I also re-sprayed the front bumper for $400 by a different mob.
gradzlib

Postby gradzlib » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:37 am

another thing that's driving me nuts: the state of the steering wheel.

im not keen to purchase a new set up...
I've been given some hope of restoring it myself, having viewed a few of the 'how to guides' on here.
gradzlib

Postby gradzlib » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:07 pm

just a few more snaps before I get anymore mods. at this stage the only performance upgrade I've had is the TBE.
reading thru it seemed that was the way to start and I can see why. once I pulled off the stock exhaust I couldn't believe how restrictive that factory pipe must've been.

ideally I'd go for quad tips but im more than happy with the big double barrels at this stage. gives off a great note, and not having owned one before, they def allow me to enjoy that subby rumble.
these have all been taken around Henley, Grange, West Lakes and the port.

gradzlib

Postby MadmanSean » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:11 pm

Car looks great mate! Nice list of mods too! :D
Subaru ECU Unbricking, Unlocking and Bench Flashing/Recovery service! Check out SICK CHIPS @ https://www.facebook.com/SickChips/
http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=35489
If you'd like to say thank you feel free to Buy me a coffee https://www.buymeacoffee.com/sickchips
MadmanSean

Car: 2007 Libert GT SpecB wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33793

Postby gradzlib » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:34 pm

thanks sean. cant wait to get a tune so I can finally enjoy them!
gradzlib

Postby gradzlib » Thu May 04, 2017 2:22 pm

As its been JUST over 6 months, so I thought id update a few things to keep track of my progress...

I've been steadily making additions to the lib, but with the birth of my first child (early December) the funds have been abit tighter than usual.
I was able to get my first tune from Matt in mid December. At that stage I just had the TBE. Went for the 98 tune, going from stock to 170kw at the wheels with 17.6 psi on the VF46 in S#... what a difference!

Before: Having the SI-drive; I felt that Intelligence was basically un-drivable, S only used for a warm up to S#, which was on pretty much all the time due to living inner-city and having to take off from stoplights frequently.
After: Intelligence felt like daily driver mode, S getting a lot more responsive and S# only needing a small amount of throttle to put you back in your seat :D
gradzlib

Postby lorby » Thu May 04, 2017 3:20 pm

Hey mate, car looks really good! I like that colour, it's not really common up here :(.

Just a couple of things I noticed, do SA people run number plates like that? In NSW the larger plate goes on the rear and the small on the front, usually people who do that up here get laughed at :P. Also, the pic could be quite deceiving but are those muffler tips the right way up? It looks like in the pic they protrude more at the bottom then the top, or are they actually flat and it's just the angle?

How good is the tune Matt does hey!
lorby

Car: MY05 3.0R-b

Postby gradzlib » Thu May 04, 2017 5:39 pm

they get laughed at? I hadn't really thought about it to be honest, the car came with them as is when I purchased it. ill be looking at every premium number plate when I get back in Adelaide now haha.
re; the muffler tips. im hoping so as they were fitted at S and J, so im reasonably confident. when I first got the car back from the workshop I did think they seem to be abit protruded but I must've gotten used to it. I remember thinking that a rear diffuser might make it look flush and that's def still on my shopping list.

yeah love the tune mate, just got it re-tune for E85 on Tuesday (still updating my profile)... not bad at all ! 8)
gradzlib

Postby gradzlib » Sat May 06, 2017 3:53 pm

just after having my 98 tune I was able to get onto Kobe inlet, maf pipe, fuel pump and filter on sale (big ups to Jackson). only feeling that rivals a fresh tune is receiving fresh parts in the mail :D

only issue I had a was with my mechanic having to run the hose over the top. I've since been advised that this is reasonably normal due to the size of the Kobe inlet opposed to other brands
here's a pic of the install... wasn't able to get a re-tune until recently and was advised not run on boost until so.

gradzlib

Postby gradzlib » Sat May 06, 2017 4:21 pm

went on abit of a binge sourcing parts; mostly cosmetic, or replacements for parts in shitty condition or missing (engine cover).

I need a new dash due to the previous owners dog leaving a few scratch marks on the passenger side air bag area. I managed to find a bloke parting out a preface locally. even tho I got it with heaps of extras thrown in (see photo) I realised after that it didn't have the middle speaker. id imagine it wouldn't make too much difference to the sound system but I end up selling it after. hoping to get a post-face one when I get back from work.

I've since become unconvinced by the 3port as well... sourced it 2nd hand from interstate. was told it was genuine MAC and would suit but since getting home and sussing it ive realised ive be done lol... welcome to advice if its worth keeping. thinking of holding out for a Tu speed now.

thanks to Adam for the SI-drive cover!

gradzlib

Postby gradzlib » Sat May 06, 2017 4:33 pm

Even tho she's on leave and has a car seat in her rig, the Mrs was insistent on me having the baby seat professionally fitted :angry2:
I've taken it out and put it back in roughly half a dozen time since then so it was a complete waste of time. thought id share a snap of it at 'workshop'
the lib def gives off abit more sound now when the little man is hungry haha

grabbed a few club lib stickers and also had this little beauty made up. Think it adds abit of class for when the little man is on board 8)

gradzlib

Postby gradzlib » Sat May 06, 2017 5:24 pm

happy to inform: in the last few weeks I've gone on another spending spree.
jumped on board the front lip group-buy on the FB page so waiting to she how that looks when it arrives. will post a photo then.

new front grill. plasti dipped the edges.

grabbed a SPEC B keychain (couldn't resist haha) and had the windows tinted down south. was about an hours drive getting down there but worth it when you consider the price I paid and the difference in the look of the whole car. also got the body buffed and headlights restored
gradzlib

Next

Return to Post your mods