My new pod

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Postby Rosso » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:43 pm

I Wish wrote:Go to Clarkes Rubber and buy some of that heat resistance foam with reflective backing, and use that to enclose the pod. Simple but very effective in shielding it from the engine bay heat. Make a lid as well.

I did that in my WRX and the difference was very noticeable. If you opened the bonnet after a hard run. The area around the pod was cool to the touch.

Any pics?
Cheers,

Rosso.

#135/300 MY07 GT Spec B Tuned by Sti Sedan
Obsidian Black Pearl w/Charcoal Rims, 6MT.
Rosso

Postby Mo_GT » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:36 am

I Wish wrote:Go to Clarkes Rubber and buy some of that heat resistance foam with reflective backing, and use that to enclose the pod. Simple but very effective in shielding it from the engine bay heat. Make a lid as well.

I did that in my WRX and the difference was very noticeable. If you opened the bonnet after a hard run. The area around the pod was cool to the touch.

Did you just make the 'airbox' out of the foam only? I'd make it out of aluminium or fiberglass and then add foam to the outside - just to make it sturdy and make sure the foam doesn't get sucked around the filter or broken of piecesof foam don't clog the filter.
Mo_GT

Car: GT Spec B

Postby Rosso » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:21 pm

Hey dudes, ive noticed my fuel consumption increased since i fitted this kit, its probably cause my right foot has got heavier but just wondering if you need to reset the ecu for this mod?
Cheers,

Rosso.

Rosso

Postby sinist4 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:18 pm

okay im a noob... would adding a air filter to a 2.5i (non turbo) make any noise?
sinist4

Postby Rosso » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:43 pm

Yeah, it'd give your ride a more deeper & throatier intake note :twisted:
Cheers,

Rosso.

Rosso

Previous

Return to Post your mods