ERICS GTB

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

ERICS GTB

Postby ericrs » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:17 pm

Thought i would start a bit of a build thread on my new toy.

just purchased a 07 GTB wagon. Ive always wanted one since they came out and finally they have come down to an affordable price for me.
i did own a rs turbo a number of years ago and that's where the love for subarus started. this car will be a little bit tamer than that and will keep it pretty simple with just the usual bolt ons.... for now..... :D

It is a little rough around the edges and im hoping to get the front,rear bars and bonnet resprayed soon as there pretty stone chipped. and 1-2 dents to be pulled out and sorted. nothing major really. power steering was leaking but ended up being a $1 o ring on the top inlet pipe, winning there. check engine light was on but ended up being that the tail shaft had worn through the wires going to the second 02 sensor. re-soldered it up and that sorted that. top ac hose was leaking but $50 at the wreckers and a regas sorted that.
the guy i bought it off had no idea about these cars and pretty much just was at his mechanics mercy. he was getting told it would cost $1000s to fix all this stuff so i managed to knock that off the asking price and take it "as is". After a couple of hours of investigation and what not the old girls back up to 100%.

Now for the good stuff. when looking through the receipts in more detail i see a recipt for over 4k from a place called "tunehouse" in NSW. The original owner had put a full 3 inch TBE, cold air intake and to my pleasant surprise an ECUTEK tune on it.
I found the original owners number on some service invoices so decided to give him a call. after introducing myself i confirmed with him that he sold it with the ecu and that he still has the old dyno readout with 201kwatw. im a bit skeptical as to if irt still has that amount of power but not sure so im going on the SA dyno day to have a look. im also dropping into S&J next week so they can plug in the ECU and see if it does indeed have a ECUTEK. they seem to think it should as the cost to remove and replace the ecu would outweigh the resale price if someone wanted to sell it separately.

Mods on the cards are:
wheels,(get rid of the rashed as fuck stockies
coilovers, Brother in law is the distributor of BC coilovers so leaning towards them.
front lip
silicon intake (recommended by S&J as the next good mod to increase torque and spool)
ericrs

Re: ERICS GTB

Postby ericrs » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:26 pm

sorry. it wont let me post pics for some reason. will try and get some up soon.
ericrs

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:07 pm

Wow, clearly you have brains!
I'd really recommend a ThrottleHappy tune if there's anything lacking with your current tune :)
That and Shockworks if the suspension is flogged. ;)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby ericrs » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:11 pm

ericrs

Postby bigBADbenny » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:11 pm

Screenshot the pic on your pc or phone and upload: heres an example :)
Gotta love a black wagon :mrgreen:
Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 10.09.06 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 10.09.06 PM.jpg (90.28 KiB) Viewed 1710 times
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Return to Post your mods