NOOB! HELP WITH MODS PLEASE!

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

NOOB! HELP WITH MODS PLEASE!

Postby jayz137 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:51 pm

Hi guys! I am new here, I hope I didn't start a new thread, advance sorry for that.

So I just got my MY04 Liberty 2.5L N/A Premium Pack A/T.
What mods should I start? I currently have an 'apparent STI exhaust' that was the guy said that I got it from, which sounds pretty deep and rumbly.
-K&N High Flow Air Filter
-King Springs
-Advanti 17" wheels
-Front lip voltex replica
I think thats all pretty much. So yea if you could answer some questions would really help a lot!

-Coilovers? Is it worth a try? If yes what kind of coilovers?
-Coilpacks? When should I change it? I dont know when it was last changed.
-Engine Oil? I currently have 174kms on the clock, what do you recommend?
-Tuning? Does N/A worth a retune? Where is the best place to go? Any Idea of the prices?
-Side skirts and rear pods? Where can I get one?

So yea feel free to recommend some things that you think can help me. I mean I'm really chasing some power too if possible shame I wasn't able to get a turbo ones.
Thanks a lot!
jayz137

Car: Subaru Liberty PremiumPack 2.5L MY04

Re: NOOB! HELP WITH MODS PLEASE!

Postby kiahatsiu » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:23 am

Lay off the exhuast and intake mods, leave that shit stock. No point chasing power, you are just going to make it less pleasant to drive.
Keep an eye on the for sale section here and get a set of Bilstiens and matched springs. They come up often when peoples fit $1000.00 fully adjustable coil overs from china and sell their brand name, excellent quality shocks for cheap.
Also do the lower control arm bushes. Your ones are undoubtedly busted, unless of course the previous owner did them, and even then it is likely they put stock ones in that will die anyhow. Super-pro make good ones.
Aim to do those two things at the same time as you might save a little on labor.
Wheels and front lips are at your taste/discretion.
Kinda flush. Fitment is something. ADM as F*ck.
kiahatsiu

Car: Silver 05 GT Wagon

Postby fedaykin » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:14 am

Full service, replace all filters. Look at doing seals and suspension bushes. Don't forget spark plugs.
Oil I'd use something along the lines of 10W-40 (e.g. Penrite HPR10, keep it Aussie, Nulon is another brand).
If you have cheap tyres, replace them with something good. It's the only thing that attaches your car to the road.
Look at doing brakes if they aren't good (minimum full flush with new fluid and pads).
fedaykin

Car: MY10 GT Wagon 6MT

Postby jayz137 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:51 pm

I have done the lower control arm (front) last service. So I might keep an eye for a coilovers and change the control arm (rear) at the same time I change my coilovers.

With the fluids, I've only topped up the coolant, get the brakes cleaned and changed the engine oil not too sure what brand of oil he used so I might changed it soon for your recommendation.
I haven't change the spark plugs not really sure when to replace it? And what should I use?
I have also changed rear brake pads with the recent service. But I haven't flushed and replace the brake fluids.
And for the tyres what would you recommend?
I'm waiting for the special of Bob Jane 3 + 1 deal in their Bridgestone range.
jayz137

Car: Subaru Liberty PremiumPack 2.5L MY04

Return to Post your mods