Pies - MY06 GT WAGON

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Pies - MY06 GT WAGON MSR Tuned!!

Postby Mosti » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:39 pm

Very nice mate. Should look pretty sweet with them on!
Mosti
formerly "b4bullet"

Car: TB STi Wagon #43

Postby shav » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:20 am

Nice wagon. Subscribed
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby peadya100 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:03 pm

Black on black!
I cant wait to see that.
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby Pies » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:43 pm

TEST FIT PICS!!! :D :D
Picked up the wheels this afternoon, and gave them a test fit to see the fitment.

That work wheels goodness

How they look on the rear

The rear fitment, pretty much spot on in my opinion -

The front fitment, more poke in the front so will have to run a couple degree's of negative camber which is no dramas for the BC's

The poke (10mm or so I'd say)

STOKED on the fitment, just need some tyres & Lug nuts- (thinking some bronze work or rays lug nuts will look the goods)
looking at 235/40's any advice on tyre's you guys are running.
MSR tuned GT wagon - 167kw & 591nm
AVO Dump, Invidia Catback, Silicone Inlet, Process West CAI, BC Coilovers, Work GT5 wheels, RDA slotted & Dimpled rotors, Intima SR&SS pads
Pies

Car: 05 Liberty Gt Wags

Postby Mosti » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:16 pm

Very nice!! Go with 235/40
Mosti
formerly "b4bullet"

Postby shav » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:32 pm

YES, with moar low, this is a winner
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby Pies » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:01 pm

Just bought some muteki sr48 lug nuts in black heard good reviews of this brand, was considering work rs or mishimoto but the cost is crazy!!
Where did you guys get your hubcentric rings from if you run them, trying to find some in 60 to 56.1.

Decided on 235/40 tyres also hopefully get some in the coming week to get the wheels all fitted up
AVO Dump, Invidia Catback, Silicone Inlet, Process West CAI, BC Coilovers, Work GT5 wheels, RDA slotted & Dimpled rotors, Intima SR&SS pads
Pies

Postby Mosti » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:29 pm

Pies wrote:Just bought some muteki sr48 lug nuts in black heard good reviews of this brand, was considering work rs or mishimoto but the cost is crazy!!
Where did you guys get your hubcentric rings from if you run them, trying to find some in 60 to 56.1.

Decided on 235/40 tyres also hopefully get some in the coming week to get the wheels all fitted up

Good choice on 235s! More common tyre so you'll find they are cheaper than 225 or 245s. I got my hubcentrics off eBay for about $22
Mosti
formerly "b4bullet"

Postby Pies » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:08 am

Mosti wrote:
Pies wrote:Just bought some muteki sr48 lug nuts in black heard good reviews of this brand, was considering work rs or mishimoto but the cost is crazy!!

Good choice on 235s! More common tyre so you'll find they are cheaper than 225 or 245s. I got my hubcentrics off eBay for about $22

Good to hear about the tyres!! That's a good price Mosti!! Are yours metal or plastic rings?
Pies

Postby bigBADbenny » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:11 am

18x9 +38?
Nice.
You might consider running affordable tyres to begin with as it may take time to get the alignment and guards sorted.
That way eg cut sidewalls, tyre wear will be less of an issue.
Once done, camber wear can be compensated for to an extent with toe adjustment.
I'd recommend maxing out the camber tops then adjusting final camber from the hub upright, as the extra angle on the strut will compensate for the reduction in Steering Inclination Angle, helping correct the scrub radius from the extra poke.
If you're lowering, WL rear upper bushes will give some extra camber adjustability, otherwise you're limited to extra static camber, which may be too much or little, depending on your preference.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby Pies » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:56 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:18x9 +38?
Nice.
You might consider running affordable tyres to begin with as it may take time to get the alignment and guards sorted.
That way eg cut sidewalls, tyre wear will be less of an issue.
Once done, camber wear can be compensated for to an extent with toe adjustment.
I'd recommend maxing out the camber tops then adjusting final camber from the hub upright, as the extra angle on the strut will compensate for the reduction in Steering Inclination Angle, helping correct the scrub radius from the extra poke.
If you're lowering, WL rear upper bushes will give some extra camber adjustability, otherwise you're limited to extra static camber, which may be too much or little, depending on your preference.

Yep 18x9 +38
Cheers Mate!
Thanks for the information, will defiantly run an affordable tyre for the time being while sorting out alignment. Looking at buying a guard roller to fix that lip that is on the inside of the arch eating the rubber/sidewall. I'm happy with how the rear fits - lil static camber would be fine. The front will require more indepth adjustment with camber etc but I will deff refer to what you said when I get them fitted. Cheers
Pies

Postby peadya100 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:49 pm

Get the lip cut instead of rolled. Rolling guards can result in a bent fender. There's places that cut the lip and seal the exposed metal with paint for $50/corner from memory.
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby Pies » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:54 am

peadya100 wrote:Get the lip cut instead of rolled. Rolling guards can result in a bent fender. There's places that cut the lip and seal the exposed metal with paint for $50/corner from memory.

Interesting, didn't know that existed.
After a quick look on ebay, I found I could buy a guard roller for under $90 delivered so I went ahead and bought one, will heat the panel and take it slow - should result in minimal if any damage. I'll post pics of the results, when it arrives!
Also bought my hubcentric rings so waiting for them to be delivered. so wheels will hopefully be going on by the end of this week!!
Pies

Postby bigBADbenny » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Because our 5x100 generally have conical lugs, hubcentric rings are not an absolute necessity if your lug nuts are tightened to the correct tq and in a star pattern, etc.
I put them on eventually just for peace of mind ;)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby andy_mac » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:49 pm

For future reference if doing again depending on your supplier you can get alloy ones free from Work. Guy I purchsed mine through managed to get them added in for free.
2000 JDM Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD
2006 JDM Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon
2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness
andy_mac

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30298

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods