Jigga's MY07 GTB Pearl White Sedan

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Jigga's MY07 GTB Pearl White Sedan

Postby jiggabite » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:50 pm

Hi All

Taelor here from Brisbane. Recently picked up a MY07 GT Spec. B Pearl White Sedan. Got it for a good price (due to high km) from the original owner. Hats off to the care he took while owning it, the interior is pristine (except for worn out steering wheel and leather boots, too be expected from 200,000km).

Drives great and has been well looked after by my local mechanic.

Day I picked her up - Nick name Jub-Jub

New plates

Replacement steering wheel (sorry for the dark mobile picture)

Sunday drives with the girls

Planned mods
Front Lip
Repaint front bar
Mesh/Honeycomb Grill
Window Tint
Subwoofer replacement - purchased
Speaker upgrade/replacement
GROM BT3 / Tablet headunit
Short Shifter
BOV/Boost Solenoid
Silicon intake pipes
Mufflers/Turbo Back Exhaust
Bushings replacement - superpro/whiteline
handling upgrades - sway/strut bars
Lowered springs/coilovers
Wheels and tyres

Completed
Personalised plates - 0 GTB 0
LED interior, parkers and Silver indicators
Steering wheel replacement
Polish headlights

Cheers

Taelor
jiggabite

Car: MY07 Liberty GTB Sedan Pearl White

Re: Jigga's MY07 GTB Pearl White Sedan

Postby jiggabite » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:53 pm

Polished headlights with Rain-X headlight restoration kit
jiggabite

Postby BillyCorgi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:55 pm

jiggabite wrote:Planned mods
Short Shifter

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=30525
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=31240
Get your Short Shift Adaptor viewtopic.php?f=68&t=30525
Get your Gear Shift Rejuvenation Kit viewtopic.php?f=68&t=31240
Get your Centre Differential Rebuild viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31089
Want a custom built Brake Cylinder Stopper? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31321
Need to hire a Guard Rolling Machine? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31899
Get your BillyCorgi's "Not-4-Wimps" Chilli Sauce
BillyCorgi

Car: Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon E85 Flex Fuel
Profile URL: www.facebook.com/CorgiWerx

Postby jacks-GTB » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:17 pm

welcome mate.....'jarrenowen' from the forum also had the headlight washer cover disappeared on his liberty....

nice plates too 8)
jacks-GTB

Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16629

Postby jiggabite » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:47 pm

jacks-GTB wrote:welcome mate.....'jarrenowen' from the forum also had the headlight washer cover disappeared on his liberty....

nice plates too 8)

Cheers mate, the washer cover isn't missing, just removed it while polishing headlights. Noted the cable tie mod to secure them to the washer, might give it a go so I don't lose one.
On that note, when do the washers activate? When the windscreen washers are activated?
jiggabite

Postby alexeiwoody » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:55 pm

jiggabite wrote:
jacks-GTB wrote:welcome mate.....'jarrenowen' from the forum also had the headlight washer cover disappeared on his liberty....

nice plates too 8)

Cheers mate, the washer cover isn't missing, just removed it while polishing headlights. Noted the cable tie mod to secure them to the washer, might give it a go so I don't lose one.
On that note, when do the washers activate? When the windscreen washers are activated?

When you spray the windshield water for long enough, it will eventually activate the headlights (takes a second or two). Does absolutely nothing to clean it... :lol:
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby jacks-GTB » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:37 am

alexeiwoody wrote:
jiggabite wrote:

nice plates too 8)

When you spray the windshield water for long enough, it will eventually activate the headlights (takes a second or two). Does absolutely nothing to clean it... :lol:

My bad...I saw that it was missing in a couple pics...that will teach me to assume...
Does absolutely nothing to clean it... :lol:
so true alexei...lol

But they only will spray when your headlights are switched on :)
jacks-GTB

Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16629

Postby shav » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:37 am

You don't often see a white GTB around that much anymore. I personally love the color Subaru have given them. Welcome
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby kiwigene » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:44 am

You should add "Tune" to your list of mods - unless you consider that goes without saying.
--
Gene
kiwigene
-stickered-

Car: MY07 GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22087

Postby jiggabite » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:38 pm

Thanks for the kind words, loving the pearl white as well. Originally wanted a white/black/grey wagon, however trying to find a manual spec b in my price range was next to impossible. This one came up from a local seller and after driving and a little negotiating, put a deposit on it.

Yep forgot to add tune to the list. I'm not chasing any crazy power, just working on the cosmetics for now and tiding up some broken/damaged bits and pieces.

At what stage is a tune worth it? I don't want to be getting a tune for every performance mod, would rather complete a few before a tune.

Also as a general rule of thumb for performance mods, in which order should they go for best bang for buck?
jiggabite

Postby shav » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:59 pm

jiggabite wrote:Thanks for the kind words, loving the pearl white as well. Originally wanted a white/black/grey wagon, however trying to find a manual spec b in my price range was next to impossible. This one came up from a local seller and after driving and a little negotiating, put a deposit on it.

Yep forgot to add tune to the list. I'm not chasing any crazy power, just working on the cosmetics for now and tiding up some broken/damaged bits and pieces.

At what stage is a tune worth it? I don't want to be getting a tune for every performance mod, would rather complete a few before a tune.

Also as a general rule of thumb for performance mods, in which order should they go for best bang for buck?

These cars are sensitive to almost any change. Major ticket items such as exhaust, bigger TMIC, and even a cold air induction will require a tune of some description to be on the safe side. I wouldnt do any mods without a tune to straight after if it were me. A tune without mods is quite beneficial in itself too. Better economy, more power and smooth idle and gear shifts if you have an auto.

There are a couple of Tuners most guys here go to. MSR tuning, Kido Tuning and Xtreme Race Tuning all do an great job and will steer you in the right direction. All these tuners price differently and all have different ways to get the tune done, but they have the same outcome in mind. Safe tunes.

I use Kido Tuning, he is one who will travel the country every few months to a city near you and will provide you with the initial tune for a small fee. You can ask him all the questions about tuning and he will provide solid answers. Speak to him about retunes as they are very very affordable. :mrgreen:

Either way, I wouldn't do any mods without researching here first about the pro's and con's pre and post tune. It could save you some grief and $$$.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby jarrenowen » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:33 pm

love the white pearl gtb, looks the deal. welcome!
jarrenowen

Car: 2007 Liberty Gt Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31061

Postby kiahatsiu » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:54 pm

shav wrote:
jiggabite wrote:Thanks for the kind words, loving the pearl white as well. Originally wanted a white/black/grey wagon, however trying to find a manual spec b in my price range was next to impossible. This one came up from a local seller and after driving and a little negotiating, put a deposit on it.

.....snip...

It could save you some grief and $$$.

If you are going to mod this thing, it will need a tune. And seeing as you live in Brisbane contact Tony from Coyote tuning. He knows his way around these things, he looks after the tuning side of my car.
Kinda flush. Fitment is something. ADM as F*ck.
kiahatsiu

Car: Silver 05 GT Wagon

Postby jiggabite » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:57 pm

A couple updates.

Tint by Show Of Ya Tints in Capalaba (20% front and rears). Which FYI the privacy glass on rear windows is 21%.

Got some licence plate mounts to raise the front one (from autobarn) and plastidipped wing in grill and little bit under bumper. I have plastic mesh to DIY a grill, just need to find time to work on it.

Replaced the blue LEDs in the cup holders with red ones. Picked the bulbs up from jaycar and de-soldered the existing and soldered the new ones on (unsure of exact specs and resistance of LEDs, but they are a great match to existing red lights in interior.

A whole bunch of detailing and cleaning with plenty more to do on a free weekend. Keeping an eye out on wheels as my tyres are starting to wear and will need replacing within next 6 months or so. Leaning towards Enkei TS9s in grey but keeping an eye open for other options.
jiggabite

Return to Post your mods