Member Profile: Shark_22 Impreza EZ30R

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Member Profile: Shark_22 Impreza EZ30R

Postby shark_22 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:22 am

Hi guys, Im from quebec,Canada and I want to show you my impreza!

It been almost 5 year that I bought this 2000 impreza all stock with ej22

In the first year I decided to drop an eg33 from a svx in it + 4.44 tranny, I was alot of work and no many support at this time, It was before all the diy we can find on the internet!

After the first winter I choose to use the car only for the track and summer

so alot of ugrade happen(4pot/2pot, aluminum control arm, bigger swaybar,link kit,coilover,wheel,tire,etc)

It was very nice to drive on the track and after 3 season I did the move--sell my eg33 setup and swap the car with an ez30r and standalone!
So last summer I start the swap and I get the car running properly this summer. It was a big challenge and at the time its probably the first ez30r and vems in canada!

Went to a few autox event, still some tuning to do and probably put the supercharge on next summer :D

Sorry for my bad english btw!
I just discover this forum and there is alot of good information on the ez30r i have some reading to do!!

Cheers!
shark_22

Car: impreza ez30r

Re: Member Profile: Shark_22 Impreza EZ30R

Postby dan_ashcroft » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:57 pm

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

I'm curious to know how the car feels and handles with the two different H6 setups...

Btw, your english is good. :)
dan_ashcroft

Car: MY06 3.0R-B on E85

Postby shark_22 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:33 am

thanks alot! well there is a big difference that I notice on the track, but hard to tell on the street.
you really feel the weight of the eg33 in the front of the car(engine is longer vs ez or ej engine so in braking/turning with load,etc the car is hard to handle)feel like the front is pushing too much

The ez30r is almost the same weight vs an ej257(with turbo,i/c,etc) and like 1-2in longer vs an ej so I can tell that there is no difference in the driving/handling with this engine!

Still need to improve my driving with the car and adapt to the ez30r power band. It still need some tuning and the power band is probably different vs a stock ecu.

Im using a vems ecu is there is almost zero support in canada so it was a hard swap.I found a really good tuner here in quebec, Dynodoc who did the tuning did an awesome job to make it running properly + tuning the avcs/vvl
this is my last dyno chart. still need some tuning but its almost it fo the power output

All stock
Stock headers, 2.5in midpipe and exhaust
3in custom air intake

Dyno chart

this a a video of my first autox event with the new setup(got other video on my channel)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YJ1G1Evts8

Vems setup(still more cleaning to do)

shark_22

Postby dan_ashcroft » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:08 am

Nice vid. :) Love watching the rear rim stretch the tyre on those left-handed turns.

Your vid makes me miss my last mid-90s Subaru, those earlier models are much more fun due to their lesser weight. The ideal cars for EZ30s I think!

I'm not sure if you've seen this thread yet, but you need to get some Raptor headers when the next batch arrives in about a month: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=17262
dan_ashcroft

Postby shark_22 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:06 pm

Yes exactly, its like a go kart vs the newer model!

I will probably order a set of headers in december for my car! There is a big improvement with these headers vs oem? I saw the power gain on the website but is it really true?

some rust repair and reinforcement on the rear shock tower :D

shark_22

Postby Surge » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:49 pm

Very nice!

When you changed to the ez30r, what gearbox did you go with?
Surge

Car: 2010 lib GT 5eat

Postby dan_ashcroft » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:48 am

I'm waiting for my set in this next batch, but by all reports there is a big improvement. In the thread there somewhere (40+ pages) I am sure there is a picture of the stock headers that have been been opened up and you can see just how bad there design is.

It needs to be retuned to suit though, I don't think you will see much difference at all until it is retuned.
dan_ashcroft

Postby shark_22 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:51 am

Im using the same transmition with the eg33 and ez30r It came from a legacy gtb jdm 4.44!
But im very curious to see what the power band would be with a 6 spd

Im gonna go read the thread of the raptor headers. I didnt know the oem one was that bad!
shark_22

Postby shark_22 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:13 pm

last autox event of the year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FeD8rk3C-8

the car handle much better with the shock tower repair/amelioration :D
shark_22

Return to Post your mods