Member Profile - Matt's H6

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Matt's H6

Postby Matazlin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:30 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:What the?
That's why I learnt to fit my own tyres :(

I learnt how to fit tyres once before a long time ago. But I learnt that if it's your first time doing something, never do it on your own things :) The tyres were an absolute bitch to get on by the look of the first one so I left him to it.

20 minutes later, he comes running over and shows me the damage :( though i think he may have accidentally chipped the edge with the tyre iron, not dropped it. But I guess I'll never know. Just happy that theres a new one coming :)
Matazlin

Car: MY06 3.0R Spec B.
Profile URL: http://bit.ly/1CpVWZh

Postby Matazlin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:43 pm

Another update:

Deltaspeed side skirt extensions have been ordered :P pretty keen for it to arrive, as this will probably be one of the last exterior mods. Rear aero splash guards will be installed to round out the bottom line of the car.

If anyone is interested in a set of FRONT splash guards (45A Urban Metallic Grey), PM me. Will be going up for sale shortly.
Matazlin

Postby jslayz » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:49 pm

Matazlin wrote:Another update:

Deltaspeed side skirt extensions have been ordered :P pretty keen for it to arrive, as this will probably be one of the last exterior mods. Rear aero splash guards will be installed to round out the bottom line of the car.

If anyone is interested in a set of FRONT splash guards (45A Urban Metallic Grey), PM me. Will be going up for sale shortly.

Hi, how much for the front pods please?
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby Matazlin » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:50 pm

Another small update:

Black suede interior from a wrecked tbSTi sedan was ordered today from OnBoost auto parts in Sydney. Gotta sort a couple of things before it'll all come together, but from my view one of the mods that I've had my mind set on the instant I knew about them. Black interiors and headlinings just give a slight boost in class for any car.

May have some bits and pieces left over, but not much. PM me about what parts you want and I'll see if I'm using it :D worst I can say is no.

Me being me, ordered the interior but forgot that I'm not gonna be around next week to install it :angry2: organised with the wrecker to only send it out in 2 weeks when I can receive it.

Seriously can't wait for this one, pics to come when installed.
Matazlin

Postby andy_mac » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:32 pm

Awesome man. Not many other people i've come across willing to do the full blackout swap. Looks awesome but makes it a damn dark place to be. Still need to get brighter interior lighting for mine since the stock bulbs just don't light it up aswell.
So have you got the entire black interior? Headliner and all the rest?
2000 JDM Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD
2006 JDM Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon
2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness
andy_mac

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30298

Postby Matazlin » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:55 pm

andy_mac wrote:Awesome man. Not many other people i've come across willing to do the full blackout swap. Looks awesome but makes it a damn dark place to be. Still need to get brighter interior lighting for mine since the stock bulbs just don't light it up aswell.
So have you got the entire black interior? Headliner and all the rest?

I guess there aren't that many early model tbSTi's being wrecked. This is the first one I've seen in about 3 years.

I love a dark interior, makes you feel like your cocooned inside; doesn't float everyone's boat, but definitely something I'd love to have.

Yep scored the whole interior :) the guy at the wreckers didn't want to separate anything as it was all matched haha, win for me
Matazlin

Postby Brunsy3.0 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:25 pm

Definately a win there mate. The black interior looks boss. Would love to do it but wouldnt even know where to start looking and the luck of timing is where its at.
Coming along nicely man top job
....THE WHITEWASH....
Brunsy3.0

Car: 07 3.0 Liberty Spec. B pearl white
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21059

Postby andy_mac » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:44 am

Did your set have just plastic B and C pillars?
If you're going for a perfect setup grab the front seatbelts aswell, didn't think about that with mine so the top pivot piece thats attached to the belt is still light coloured. It sits a bit recessed so isn't all that noticeable but still kills the entirely black theme.
2000 JDM Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD
2006 JDM Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon
2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness
andy_mac

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30298

Postby Matazlin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:10 pm

andy_mac wrote:Did your set have just plastic B and C pillars?
If you're going for a perfect setup grab the front seatbelts aswell, didn't think about that with mine so the top pivot piece thats attached to the belt is still light coloured. It sits a bit recessed so isn't all that noticeable but still kills the entirely black theme.

I'm hoping this includes the seatbelts and all, otherwise i'll probably just dye/wrap it the same colour :) As the tbSTi's didn't have sunroof's as an option, the headlining and front map lights may be up for sale. It's come to my attention that the blitzen's had sunroofs so may get swapped for one of those units
Matazlin

Postby Gadgit7 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:17 am

Looking nice mate!
Did you get those rear aero splash guards? I have a 3.0rb my08 wagon and need some for front and rear as I live on a dirt road. Do you have any pics and where from and how much please?
Cheers :)
Gadgit7

Postby Matazlin » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:08 pm

A quick update:

Pillars and other trims of the interior are in for test fit. All fit superb, but found that wreckers can be a bunch of rough mofos! Couple of marks on the plastic on the inside of the pillars but nothing major. Roofliner and map light assembly need to be wrapped in black, booked in at Pro Image Interiors on October 18th. Headliner getting wrapped in VE commodore cloth (who knew?), seems to be a close to perfect match to the off-black in the tbSTi's. Pics to come around that time.

STi short shifter assembly is now in after sitting around my garage for the last 6 months :? Noticeably shorter throw than the stock item (as expected) and adds a degree of notchiness that just wasn't there with the stock assembly. Shift knob has also been replaced with a lightweight delrin Prova item :D Found the lateral movement bushes were busted when installing the shifter, causing the stick to be sloppy in gear and the neutral position. Bushes obtained and will be going in soon.

Picked up a set of TCP quads yesterday and installed them in the driveway. Much louder and a deeper tone compared to the old STi mufflers. Also the shine really sets the rest of the shiny catback off :D

Delta speeds also installed. Bit of drilling involved with the side skirts, but mostly on the underside where no one will see. For me, the bottom line of the car now matches the low hanging front, with just something on the rear to finish off the side profile (either custom designed extensions or the aero splash guards)

A couple of other stuff has been ordered, including a whole bunch of Cusco handling hardware and something from the auctions, which should be arriving sometime either this week or next. Can't wait!

Matazlin

Postby puc_u2 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:25 pm

wow i need some deltaspeed skirts in my life... did you order them through japanparts? it costs a fortune! :(
puc_u2

Car: 3.0r b

Postby jarrenowen » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:20 pm

gotta say not much of a fan of rims, but them volks are bloody sexy!!!! :lol:
jarrenowen

Car: 2007 Liberty Gt Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31061

Postby Matazlin » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:53 pm

puc_u2 wrote:wow i need some deltaspeed skirts in my life... did you order them through japanparts? it costs a fortune! :(

Yep off Japanparts, not cheap but definitely something I've been wanting for a while. Unless you find someone to swap for normal ones orfind a set of side skirts, they're pretty much your only option with the spec B side skirts.

jarrenowen wrote:gotta say not much of a fan of rims, but them volks are bloody sexy!!!! :lol:

HAHAHA thanks mate :) try to keep her looking her best
Matazlin

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:58 am

Great update Matt - car looking fantastic as always.

Looking forward to seeing the delta speeds in person. Leaning any particular way about what to do to finish off the rear of the car aesthetically?
2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods