Member Profile - Matt's H6

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Matt's H6

Postby Matazlin » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:10 pm

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:Great update Matt - car looking fantastic as always.

Looking forward to seeing the delta speeds in person. Leaning any particular way about what to do to finish off the rear of the car aesthetically?

Thanks Kelvin :) appreciate it. If you're around at 100mm on November 1st you can always come check it out then :D should be some fantastic company on that day.

Looking forward to seeing yours with the proper STi lip and headlights from Leo you've done recently. Any issues with the headlights in terms of water ingress or condensation on a rainy day? Been toying with the idea of getting Leo to work his magic on my lights but was always afraid of ruining the factory sealing and having a whole heap of issues. I'm sure Leo's work extends far beyond this, but just want to check to be sure :)

**UPDATE**

All the Cusco bars and braces I had ordered from Garage 88 had arrived. A minor oversight on their end meant free shipping for the lot for me :win: Will get a picture once they've changed the underside of my car from grey to blue :) Can't wait

Included in the lot is:
- 23mm front swaybar with end links
- 21mm rear swaybar with adjustable end links
- HD rear mounts
- Lower arm bar Ver. II

Coming within the next few days should be a small, but great little update
Matazlin

Car: MY06 3.0R Spec B.
Profile URL: http://bit.ly/1CpVWZh

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:58 am

Yeah I'll definitely see if I can make that, seems like a great event. Been trying to make more car events but I work weekends so it's pretty tough.

Yeah in the process now of getting the right lip (+extension), delta speeds ordered, and getting all my parts back from the painters. Very excited!
Had no issues at all with the lights, have been checking for any issues with sealing, such as condensation, but no dramas so far. To be safe I jumped on a cheap set of spare headlights from a forum member, a bit of overkill but I like to have a stock part spare for every upgrade I do.
Lights are definitely worth doing, fully blacked out with angel eyes and eyelids really sets off the aggressive look of the JDM bar/corazon grille.
2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

Postby BigBCalais » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:33 pm

This car keeps getting better and better Matt! Side skirt extensions look great and new muffs look far better than the tb sti ones imo. I think it's on its way to being one of the legendary club lib cars

How hard would you rate the short shifter install?
dr20t wrote:Simple rule. If you act like a dick then you deserved to get dicked

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Car: Black 06 Blitzen 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26522

Postby Matazlin » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:47 pm

BigBCalais wrote:This car keeps getting better and better Matt! Side skirt extensions look great and new muffs look far better than the tb sti ones imo. I think it's on its way to being one of the legendary club lib cars

How hard would you rate the short shifter install?

Cheers Bryce! There've been some much nicer ones before mine that I've been drawing inspiration from recently but I'm still someway to getting there, but I hope to inspire a few guys somewhere along the line sometime in the future. The skirts are something I've been wanting to do for a while, just hadn't saved enough for them yet haha :)

In terms of noise and looks, these TCP ones kick the STi ones, but obviously can't beat the quality of a genuine Subaru part. Maybe a hollowed out STi set would be ideal? But cutting into an STi part would be considered sacrilege on my terms, so just swapped em out for louder ones.

For the short shifter, if you have a jack and jack stands to fit properly under the car, it's a fairly straightforward job. To make it easier, definitely remove the midsection of the exhaust as it gives you the room to remove the gearbox heat shield. All the bolts and nuts on my exhaust were imperial (only had metric on me) :angry2: Eventually got the heat shield out but involved a bit of "persuasion" :D. Basic socket set, ratchet spanner set, screwdriver and trim tools were all that I needed even for removing the gearbox mount.

If the shifter is sloppy, I'd recommend the lateral movement bushes to be replaced as well, as they keep the shifter tight when in gear. Replacing requires 4 bushes and 2 spacers (requires clarification as I only got a visual inspection, didn't get time to pull it apart)

Bush P#: 35035AG030
Spacer P#: 35044AG030

The bolt to get them out is freaking long, so you may have to get a massive pry bar and shift the gearbox sideways to get the bolt out. I didn't have the tools with me to do it so I've left them for another day.

Also, pic dump from the recent Cars and Coffee event at Foresite Training on the RTR skidpan. Great turnout and good to mingle with a few Victorian club.lib members who made the trip down.

Matazlin

Postby Jakey_G » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:45 pm

Damn nice looking car mate! Well done on all of the tasteful mods.

It really looks the goods!
Jakey_G

Postby BigBCalais » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:47 pm

Awesome write up, thanks Matt. We have a hoist so that getting under the car shouldn't be an issue and I shall keep all of your tips in mind if I ever get around to buying one. The shifter is pretty tight still but I'll know what to fix if it gets sloppy ;)

In that second picture the reflection looks like the car has a dint in the rear bar and I freaked out a little bit :lol: but damn it looks good!
dr20t wrote:Simple rule. If you act like a dick then you deserved to get dicked

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Car: Black 06 Blitzen 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26522

Postby Matazlin » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:57 pm

Back again with another update. I know I said I had one coming but I've been lazy and left it until now.

Ganador mirrors had finally arrived from Japan after a 3 month wait -.- Small change, but a noticeable one when looking at the profile of the car. The CF finish is a little rough, so will look into getting them painted black or matte black to match up with the side skirts and front lip. Plastidip may have to suffice in the meantime. As they were originally meant for a JDM optioned model, the wiring wasn't straight plug and play, but a bit of tinkering around with the pins and connectors and she lives :)

Rear spats are are installed for now to match the lines of the side skirts. Although managed to score a JDM short rear bar recently so the rear will be matched with the sides with Deltaspeed items. Exciting times ahead!

Matazlin

Postby Matazlin » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:54 pm

***Pic dump for an awesome 2016 :)***

Car is coming along nicely. JDM rear is now at the painters ready for a 2016 conversion with some more Deltaspeed goodies. It's been said before, but I reckon it's finally the end of the exterior modifications for this car. Performance focus is now slowly taking over, with some big things to come later in the year :wink: In the meantime, a set of APP brake lines have been thrown on the car. Definitely adds to the feel of everything, with linear feedback throughout pedal travel. Braided lines are definitely an upgrade I'd recommend if you're looking for that something extra for your brakes, along with a pad, disc and fluid refresh.

Audio upgrade also on the way as outlined in the original post. Nothing too big, but should be a decent upgrade from stock. Being a McIntosh system, nothing plugs directly, so a day will be dedicated to suss wiring and connectivity for it to work altogether as one.

Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR :) Wishing you guys much joy and happiness for the year ahead!
Matazlin

Previous

Return to Post your mods