Member Profile - Ferret

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Ferret

Postby ferret89 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:07 pm

So good to have it back :lol:

Mishimoto TMIC installed today as well as some of Leo's LED bulbs. Went for a bit of a drive and it pulls hard, but I haven't driven it much in a while so not sure if it's made a difference at all or not really. Definitely fits with the strut brace but I'm not happy with how the engine cover sits so I'm thinking about some trimming or something, but I'll have a think about it

IMG_1661.JPG
IMG_1661.JPG (160.97 KiB) Viewed 4360 times

Dump pipe is booked for install tomorrow so hopefully that all goes smoothly :)
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Postby shav » Thu May 14, 2015 2:23 pm

Have you had the car retuned since fitting the TMIC? If not, your in for a treat
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby ferret89 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:30 pm

shav wrote:Have you had the car retuned since fitting the TMIC? If not, your in for a treat

Not yet, once the dump pipe is on it'll be going back to Coyote for a re-tune. Hoping for figures around 170 but it feels really quick now so I can't wait to see how it goes with 20% more! :D
ferret89

Postby shav » Thu May 14, 2015 2:48 pm

ferret89 wrote:
shav wrote:Have you had the car retuned since fitting the TMIC? If not, your in for a treat

Not yet, once the dump pipe is on it'll be going back to Coyote for a re-tune. Hoping for figures around 170 but it feels really quick now so I can't wait to see how it goes with 20% more! :D

You'll easily get that I reckon. More like 180+ with a lot more torque down low.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby THE SpecB » Thu May 14, 2015 7:27 pm

shav wrote:
ferret89 wrote:

You'll easily get that I reckon. More like 180+ with a lot more torque down low.

Just from the top mount Shav? You really noticed that much difference when you added yours?
Newport Blueeeee
THE SpecB

Car: Newport Blue SpecB GT

Postby shav » Thu May 14, 2015 8:03 pm

THE SpecB wrote:
Just from the top mount Shav? You really noticed that much difference when you added yours?

In torque definitely and Matt reckons Im hitting that figure now post tune. Of course a dyno readout would confirm would that figure for definite.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Shaheenis » Thu May 14, 2015 8:22 pm

Looks good Daniel. What is your concern with the engine cover? I have had no problems at all, it shouldn't foul on the TMIC you just don't have fasteners to hold it down.

Shav 180+ on a VF46 and safe tune sounds very optimistic unless the dyno looks like this --> :D.

Dan, I notice you are getting a lot of the work done. These jobs aren't difficult with the right tools so in future if you need a hand give me a shout. More $$$ saved for more mods ;).
Shaheenis
A few sensible mods and tuned by Matt (Kido).
Link to Member Profile
Link to photos of both wagons and intro page
Shaheenis

Car: Pearl White MY07 GTB Wagon 6MT

Postby shav » Thu May 14, 2015 8:25 pm

Shaheenis wrote:Looks good Daniel. What is your concern with the engine cover? I have had no problems at all, it shouldn't foul on the TMIC you just don't have fasteners to hold it down.

Shav 180+ on a VF46 and safe tune sounds very optimistic unless the dyno looks like this --> :D.

Dan, I notice you are getting a lot of the work done. These jobs aren't difficult with the right tools so in future if you need a hand give me a shout. More $$$ saved for more mods ;).

True. I guess a dyno readout would debunk any misconceptions.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Shaheenis » Thu May 14, 2015 8:29 pm

Agree Shav. Dan just let me know when you get the re-tune I will try and tee up a dyno run with Tony at the same time to compare very similar setups with difference if turbo and tune.
Shaheenis
Link to Member Profile
Shaheenis

Postby ferret89 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:35 am

Shaheenis wrote:Looks good Daniel. What is your concern with the engine cover? I have had no problems at all, it shouldn't foul on the TMIC you just don't have fasteners to hold it down.

Cheers Tim.
The engine cover doesn't fit properly between the new intercooler and the strut brace, I can force the plastic up the top between the two but not completely happy with how it sits. I imagine that it fits fine on yours as there is no strut brace, I'm concerned that it is sitting too high and have the plastic air hood from the scoop being squashed

I don't know if it'd hit 180 on Coyote's dyno with the stock VF46 but I'd be happy with 170 and I'm sure I'd love how it drives too
ferret89

Postby ferret89 » Fri May 15, 2015 2:53 pm

CES Racing Twin-Dump installed today, I forgot my camera so I couldn't get any photos but it looks like this:

subaru 2009 Liberty 1 (2).JPG
subaru 2009 Liberty 1 (2).JPG (80.02 KiB) Viewed 4294 times

It's ceramic coated with a high flow cat fitted to stock cat-back using Grimmspeed's adapter. Stock heatshield modified to fit, I grabbed this photo when I got home:

IMG_1665.JPG
IMG_1665.JPG (110.57 KiB) Viewed 4294 times

First impressions are difficult as I'm driving around like a grandma in "I" mode until I can get it back to Coyote for a re-tune. It sounds a little deeper and louder, but I suppose I won't really know until its had a chance to carbon up and I can take it for a good spin.

I know that many people think the extra cost isn't worth it but when you consider an off the shelf dump pipe + ceramic coating the price difference wasn't a whole lot.
ferret89

Postby shav » Fri May 15, 2015 3:41 pm

Looks good to me. The telling will be in the tune.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Shaheenis » Fri May 15, 2015 4:12 pm

Take it easy until you have the re-tune, you won't be able to safely test it out until this is done. It will feel much better with that on ;).
Shaheenis
Link to Member Profile
Shaheenis

Postby ferret89 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:41 pm

Re-tune completed this evening, feels a lot quicker and makes a bit more noise than before as well :D

IMG_1667.JPG
IMG_1667.JPG (136.19 KiB) Viewed 4257 times

Starts coming on boost early 2k rpm, and is on full steam by 3k
ferret89

Postby shav » Wed May 20, 2015 9:21 pm

Awesome work Daniel. Bet it feels dam nice to drive
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods