GONEWALKABOUT- 230kW ATW

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member- GONEWALKABOUT

Postby GONEWALKABOUT » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:26 pm

Thanks lads, interesting point again mick, so a bit of good with the bad and a bit of bad with the good so to say.. mm a LV might be very much needed, is that just obd 2 scanners?

EDIT: not sure about the knock lighting on the dash, matt didnt mention it. To your other point mick i guess i will continue to drive more or less under boost until 'necessary'
GONEWALKABOUT

Postby bradluke173 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:34 pm

thats a very sneaky boost gauge haha i like it
my05 2.5i liberty
define stock .......
bradluke173

Car: liberty 2.5i my05

Postby GONEWALKABOUT » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:40 pm

Long time no updates!!

Been a little bit quiet on the automotive front in the attempt to save for a trip to europe..

But have made a couple of additions!

Firstly added in the innovate wideband and A/F gauge, also fits snugly with the boost gauge brad :) best bit is the lid can still close when needed!

Secondly, i had been meaning to get some decent rubber for a while now and i finally jumped on the bandwagon, and bought bridgestone RE003's like everyone else here!

Can confirm they are a great tyre, cannot really compare them much to anything else on the top line but the grip is amazing, the steering feel is great, and they look great! I had read a couple of reviews with people not entirely happy with the level of road noise.. however they are silent as anything for me!

Other than that i had some white (with a tinge of grey) smoke on full boost, possibly coolant? however i gave the old girl a change of oil and it seems to have gone/ diminished for now. Will keep it monitored!
GONEWALKABOUT

Postby andy_mac » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:57 pm

Nice. Should fork out for one of those cubby pods. Would really finish it off. RE003 road noise isn't all that bad but its definately more than I had with my old ones
2000 JDM Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD
2006 JDM Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon
2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness
andy_mac

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30298

Postby GONEWALKABOUT » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:07 pm

andy_mac wrote:Nice. Should fork out for one of those cubby pods. Would really finish it off. RE003 road noise isn't all that bad but its definately more than I had with my old ones

I think that would finish it off nicely but with the current dollar and the cubby pod being an american product im not sure if i can justify $80 for a bit of metal.. will weigh it up :)
GONEWALKABOUT

Postby GONEWALKABOUT » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:30 pm

Finally back from Europe last week!

Minor but relieving update time!

Firstly I had 2 problems with the car and 2 days in which to fix them between arriving back in Australia and heading to powercruise this weekend gone!

The first problem i had was with a rough idle, the ecu not adjusting the rpm to stop the car stalling. Basically meant that if i was driving and came up to a red light, clutch in, the rpm would drop and instead of stopping at 800rpm, it would often fall to 0rpm and cause a stall. Matt had suggested a faulty O2 sensor, so i have ordered one but in the mean time i tried some MAF cleaner and thats solved 80% of the problem, will see if the O2 sensor fixes the rest!

The second problem i had was a leak in the throttle body hose which meant i couldnt hold more than 8psi boost! Ordered a Kobe silicone piece but it couldnt arrive before the weekend so i doubled clamped the TB hose and it managed to hold up to some loud pedal all weekend. However, post-powercruise the Kobe piece is now installed and hopefully the end of that problem.

(i kept the double clamp for aesthetic reasons)

Had an awesome time at powercruise, recommend for those who havent driven on a track much.

Next major update will most likely be a clutch in the next couple of weeks as my stock unit couldnt grab on a 4k launch.
GONEWALKABOUT

Postby GONEWALKABOUT » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:17 pm

Another small update! Iv decided to focus on a few interior pieces that i can do on the cheaper side or that need doing. First up was Adam's SI-drive cover:

As others have already stated; great quality and a great bloke. 100% recommend if you are on the edge of purchase.

Piece weights about 30g so it wont slow you down too much on the track ;) piece is just held in with double sided tape. Total install time; 1 minute with clumsy fingers.

My before and afters:

Next on the list of mods pending clutch funds:
- Possibly wrapping silver 'wing' trim pieces in gloss black.
- Swapping blue cup holder LEDs for a red number to better suit the interior lighting
- Thinking about fabing up a cubby pod of my own
- Iv sourced some of my old Alpine Type-R speakers and amp. Was thinking about replacing 2 speakers and 2 tweeters in the front and 2 speakers in the back, and leaving the rest of the macintosh speakers in situ.
Do you think it will work if i wire in an amp under the other seat, and transfer the input and output for the 4 alpine speakers (+ tweeters) originally running through the macintosh amp, into the new amp. While, simultaneously leaving the remaining macintosh speakers with the macintosh amp? (effectively bypassing the stock amp for the alpine speakers)
Overall retaining the large number of speakers in the liberty but replacing a number with better quality.
GONEWALKABOUT

Re: GONEWALKABOUT- 230kW ATW

Postby peadya100 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:35 pm

SI-Drive cover looks brilliant!!
Glad you like it. Can't wait to get 1 for myself now!!
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby GONEWALKABOUT » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:36 am

peadya100 wrote:SI-Drive cover looks brilliant!!
Glad you like it. Can't wait to get 1 for myself now!!

How have you not got one for yourself!!
GONEWALKABOUT

Postby peadya100 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:21 am

They sold out!
I'm keeping one out of the next batch though... I don't care who misses out ;-) hahaha
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby GONEWALKABOUT » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:41 pm

peadya100 wrote:They sold out!
I'm keeping one out of the next batch though... I don't care who misses out ;-) hahaha

+100, should have done that in round 1 :P
GONEWALKABOUT

Postby GONEWALKABOUT » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:44 pm

Hey adam, you should look into a thin metal 'SI-Drive plaque' to replace the cheap plastic looking one. If its cost effective enough!
GONEWALKABOUT

Postby andy_mac » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:21 pm

I was actually thinking the exact same thing today. Not sure how it would work out with black ones but it'd look sweet in anodised silver.
Last edited by andy_mac on Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andy_mac

Postby GONEWALKABOUT » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:39 pm

andy_mac wrote:I was actually thinks nf the exact same thing today. Not sure how it would work out with black ones but it'd look sweet in anodised silver.

As in the SI-Drive plaque? could go well or terribly wrong! would have to plan it out carefully. Wouldnt be too hard to get a strip of aluminium (or similar) and engrave it.

A brushed aluminium finish could look awesome!
GONEWALKABOUT

Postby andy_mac » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:54 pm

Yea the plaque.
andy_mac

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods