Member Profile - mason.a's 3.0 spec.B

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - mason.a's 3.0 spec.B

Postby shav » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:02 am

Some really nice touches there Mason. I like it. The black grille is a winner too. That was one of the things I was going to do if I didnt get the grille I have now.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby ferret89 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:04 am

Nice car Mason :D

Couple of questions about the X-Force Mid and Y-pipes you bought, did you buy them separately from Best mufflers? I'm thinking of getting them but I want to use my own mufflers not theirs.
How do you think they are quality wise?
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Postby mason.a » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:15 pm

ferret89 wrote:Nice car Mason :D

Couple of questions about the X-Force Mid and Y-pipes you bought, did you buy them separately from Best mufflers? I'm thinking of getting them but I want to use my own mufflers not theirs.

Yeah I did get them separately, the mufflers were from Ultrex. The quality is really good, but I have had some issues recently. The factory cat has this flange that sticks out to pair up with the stock midpipe, but when the new xforce midpipe was put in, the diameter was too small to fit fully over the flange.It still retains its seal, but it still isn't a direct fit like I thought it would be. Also since the stock system had spring loaded bolts for when it is under load, and this one uses a flex joint, it tends to hit against the metal underbody of the car when reversing up a hill for example.
mason.a

Car: MY08 Liberty 3.0R Spec. B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27447

Postby ferret89 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:41 pm

mason.a wrote:
ferret89 wrote:Nice car Mason :D

Yeah I did get them separately, the mufflers were from Ultrex. The quality is really good, but I have had some issues recently. The factory cat has this flange that sticks out to pair up with the stock midpipe, but when the new xforce midpipe was put in, the diameter was too small to fit fully over the flange.It still retains its seal, but it still isn't a direct fit like I thought it would be. Also since the stock system had spring loaded bolts for when it is under load, and this one uses a flex joint, it tends to hit against the metal underbody of the car when reversing up a hill for example.

Ok thanks, a bit annoying that I can't just buy the mid and Y-pipe for the turbo in 3" like you did though. Might see if I can get rid of the flex joint during fitting as I think it may need to be trimmed to fit to my dump + cat :lol:
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Postby mason.a » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:23 am

ferret89 wrote:Ok thanks, a bit annoying that I can't just buy the mid and Y-pipe for the turbo in 3" like you did though. Might see if I can get rid of the flex joint during fitting as I think it may need to be trimmed to fit to my dump + cat :lol:

Turbo car problems I guess :P
mason.a

Car: MY08 Liberty 3.0R Spec. B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27447

Previous

Return to Post your mods