Member Profile - KelvinTaylor88

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - KelvinTaylor88

Postby ovkz94 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:47 am

How much were the mufflers posted to Melb? Thinking of doing the same thing through IM hahaha
ovkz94

Car: 2006 3.0R SpecB
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=29260

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:25 pm

ovkz94 wrote:How much were the mufflers posted to Melb? Thinking of doing the same thing through IM hahaha

They ended up being about $750 shipped, you can get the same mufflers that aren't the limited edition burnt titanium version for a little bit less since they aren't discontinued and more readily available.
2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

Postby ovkz94 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:41 am

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:
ovkz94 wrote:How much were the mufflers posted to Melb? Thinking of doing the same thing through IM hahaha

They ended up being about $750 shipped, you can get the same mufflers that aren't the limited edition burnt titanium version for a little bit less since they aren't discontinued and more readily available.

Ah damn, looking for something with the burnt titanium tips that aren't too loud :(.
ovkz94

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:46 am

ovkz94 wrote:
KelvinTaylor88 wrote:

Ah damn, looking for something with the burnt titanium tips that aren't too loud :(.

Yeah the HKS would be ideal but their discontinued, I was surprised to find them.
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:08 pm

Pulled the trigger today and bought a paint matched JDM front bumper and Corazon grille from Garage 88.
Great service and pricing, recommend them as everyone else does on here.

Hopefully should get the parts around new years and in time for the work I'm getting done on my car mid-January, getting the panel damage from the previous owner fixed up finally and some damage to the frame at the front.
My wallet is screaming at me but looking forward to having a clean car in a month or so with the new jdm front end and HKS mufflers on to complete the package. Pictures once it's all done!

Sadly because of all this work and rego/insurance coming up in March, the Advan RS-iis will have to be delayed until later next year but definitely still set on getting them.

KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:08 pm

UPDATE

Firstly, due to my impatience with international shipping and finding a good deal on ebay, I picked up a McGard wheel installation kit which comes with 16 spline drive lug nuts and 4 lock nuts. In anticipation for when I get my new wheels!

More importantly, FINALLY GOT MY MUFFLERS FROM IM.
After 3 and a half months of waiting, I finally got my HKS ES premium Ti Limited mufflers.

Well worth the wait however as to my surprise when I opened the box, I actually was sent the full catback from the show car in Japan for which the mufflers came from!

Now unfortunately I have no real information on this catback so I was hoping some experts on here may be able to shed some light.

Firstly here is the centre pipe, which appears to have a 2.75" internal pipe diameter and a 20" hot dog resonator.

And here is the y pipe, which appears to have a 2.25" internal pipe diameter

Now would anyone be able to enlighten me as to whether this is the full hks es premium catback system or whether it is a recognizable different manufacturer? (or custom?)

More importantly will this sized catback exhaust be suitable for my H6 or is the piping diameter simply to big in terms of gas velocity, suitable back-pressure, etc.?
Been researching and it seems most people tend to go more for 2.5" down to 2.25" but I have noticed some going as high as 3 on very little engine modifications, with some manufacturers like x-force offering 3' solutions.

Lastly, JDM front bar and corazon grille expected any day now, then on to the panel beaters for a touch up and fitting!

KelvinTaylor88

Postby ovkz94 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:37 pm

I've talked to Owen from Revzone about exhaust options for the H6 and it seems theres only the X-force option for catback exhaust - 2.25 inch piping straight through, you lose too much power with anything larger (https://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/prod ... ts_id=4830).
I thought about it for a while but eventually decided to leave my exhaust stock as it is (aside from mufflers, looking around for some atm) until I supercharge mine, there really isn't much of a point on upgrading it as it is imo.
Nevertheless, if you want to go for that option, your best bet is to get the X-force.
Also if you want raptor headers, I can sell you some since I won't really need mine for a while lol. You'd need some custom fabrication work done though.
ovkz94

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:04 pm

ovkz94 wrote:I've talked to Owen from Revzone about exhaust options for the H6 and it seems theres only the X-force option for catback exhaust - 2.25 inch piping straight through, you lose too much power with anything larger (https://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/prod ... ts_id=4830).
I thought about it for a while but eventually decided to leave my exhaust stock as it is (aside from mufflers, looking around for some atm) until I supercharge mine, there really isn't much of a point on upgrading it as it is imo.
Nevertheless, if you want to go for that option, your best bet is to get the X-force.
Also if you want raptor headers, I can sell you some since I won't really need mine for a while lol. You'd need some custom fabrication work done though.

Nah not really interested in superchargers or headers.
I'm just seeing whether it will be worth putting in the full catback that I got for with my mufflers or whether the piping is too big and I should sell it on.

KelvinTaylor88

Postby ovkz94 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:40 pm

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:
ovkz94 wrote:I've talked to Owen from Revzone about exhaust options for the H6 and it seems theres only the X-force option for catback exhaust - 2.25 inch piping straight through, you lose too much power with anything larger (https://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/prod ... ts_id=4830).

Nah not really interested in superchargers or headers.
I'm just seeing whether it will be worth putting in the full catback that I got for with my mufflers or whether the piping is too big and I should sell it on.

Probs best to just put mufflers on and sell the pipes imo
ovkz94

Postby BigBCalais » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:22 pm

Those mufflers look amazing :O with the exhaust I think 2.75" is too big and woils be a bit rediculous sound wise, also are these Mcgard wheel locks the same as you have I'm trying to sort out lock nuts but not sure what to get :)
dr20t wrote:Simple rule. If you act like a dick then you deserved to get dicked

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Car: Black 06 Blitzen 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26522

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:26 pm

BigBCalais wrote:Those mufflers look amazing :O with the exhaust I think 2.75" is too big and woils be a bit rediculous sound wise, also are these Mcgard wheel locks the same as you have I'm trying to sort out lock nuts but not sure what to get :)

Yeah I thought that might be the case, was just hoping it may somehow work since I essentially got a free catback. At least the mid pipe is 2.25, might just try to sell the centre pipe and buy another one that is a more appropriate diameter.

Those are the correct ones and the exact set that I got except I went for the full chrome option, found them for about $60 on ebay.

KelvinTaylor88

Postby BigBCalais » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:40 pm

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:
Yeah I thought that might be the case, was just hoping it may somehow work since I essentially got a free catback. At least the mid pipe is 2.25, might just try to sell the centre pipe and buy another one that is a more appropriate diameter.

Those are the correct ones and the exact set that I got except I went for the full chrome option, found them for about $60 on ebay.

Mines 2 1/4 and it is fairly droney but is much better after the tune, although mine lacks a resonator and different mufflers would make a significant difference.

Thanks for the clarification, I want black to go with black wheels but the holes are so deep that you can barely see the chrome standard ones anyway, will keep an eye out for them then :)

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:28 pm

BigBCalais wrote:
KelvinTaylor88 wrote:

Mines 2 1/4 and it is fairly droney but is much better after the tune, although mine lacks a resonator and different mufflers would make a significant difference.

Thanks for the clarification, I want black to go with black wheels but the holes are so deep that you can barely see the chrome standard ones anyway, will keep an eye out for them then :)

Yeah these exhaust conundrums are pretty difficult, it seems like 2.25" straight through is the best option, I might have to source a 2.25" centre pipe with a big resonator and just sell of the 2.75" pipe I currently have. Can't reall complain when it's free.

Are the McGards for your Enkeis? I decided on chrome for a little contrast against the gloss black wheels I'll be getting at some point.

KelvinTaylor88

Postby BigBCalais » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:07 pm

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:
Yeah these exhaust conundrums are pretty difficult, it seems like 2.25" straight through is the best option, I might have to source a 2.25" centre pipe with a big resonator and just sell of the 2.75" pipe I currently have. Can't reall complain when it's free.

Are the McGards for your Enkeis? I decided on chrome for a little contrast against the gloss black wheels I'll be getting at some point.

Yeah they are but the holes are so deep that you can't see the chrome anyway so thought black would look good, trying to go for a 'stealth' look so black is the go

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby BigBCalais » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:01 pm

Any updates on this Kelvin? I want to see those mufflers on the car!

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods