Member Profile - KelvinTaylor88

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - KelvinTaylor88

Postby crazyricochet » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:45 pm

The wheels look alot less rainbow in person, still good though! :air_kiss:
crazyricochet

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30231

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:34 pm

crazyricochet wrote:The wheels look alot less rainbow in person, still good though! :air_kiss:

You've got to see them on a sunny day instead of a dark car park! Very shiny :)
2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

Postby JamingtonShire » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:27 am

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:Springs are in!

After a day of swearing with a few issues during install, I finally got my sti pinks in!
Really love how the car sits now, the 18s now fill the wheel arches nicely and the front lip clears my steep driveway entry by a couple of millimetres.
Got a wheel alignment afterwards and the ride on the way home felt much firmer and nicer.
Here's how the car sits now:

Unfortunately I have not been able to drive the car at all since the install and alignment due to a bad fall on bike that has required realignment surgery on a broken elbow.
Because of my current predicament I had to cancel my tinting with Rob tomorrow but will be rebooking with him once I'm healed.
Apart from that still browsing for some new 18s in Matte Black most likely, suggestions welcome!

hey mate sorry for bring this thread up.
but i'm interested in getting some sti pinks for my billies.
i was wondering if you could show me some more photos of how you're car sits?
the only photo i see is the rear wheel, but i like the look of it so far.
also i want to know what type of springs you got, whether they we're GT Manuel springs or surely not (wagon) springs etc. haha
much appreciation from a fellow liberty enthusiast! :)
JamingtonShire

Car: Subaru Liberty MY07 GT Spec B

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:57 pm

JamingtonShire wrote:
hey mate sorry for bring this thread up.
but i'm interested in getting some sti pinks for my billies.
i was wondering if you could show me some more photos of how you're car sits?
the only photo i see is the rear wheel, but i like the look of it so far.
also i want to know what type of springs you got, whether they we're GT Manuel springs or surely not (wagon) springs etc. haha
much appreciation from a fellow liberty enthusiast! :)

All good mate, always happy to help. My following post from earlier in this thread should help you with part numbers that I went with for an even stance along with these fitment guides:
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.p ... 61108.html
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27480
http://www.rhdjapan.com/sti-coil-spring ... bl-bp.html

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:Image

The part numbers are on the boxes above, recommended by the guys over at IM and many legacy gt forums.
Opinions differ on this (check my reply in a recent thread on this in the suspension section) but basically the spring rates are the same on all variants so the only thing that differs is length to attribute for different weight (wagon vs sedan etc.)
I found these p#s give a nice even stance and the ride is definitely stiffer but bearable and with the lower centre of gravity it handles more direct with less body roll.

Also don't have many good pictures since it was quite a while ago that my car was on Billies and Pinks, but here is an old side shot I found. Very much recommend Sti Pinks as the best spring upgrade for the Bilsteins.

Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:26 pm

UPDATE

Sti Front lip is gone...
Replaced by an absolute bargain I scored on a Zerosports front lip!
Very unique part, only ever seen the infamous NYOOMI rocking one of these lips before and whilst my car is no where near as nice as that example I'm very happy with the look of the front end of my car now.
Additionally I'm very impressed by the build quality, whilst the STI lip could definitely take a beating this thing is real thick and sturdy, whilst the moulding is just spot on. Quality.

Obligatory potato pics

Also finally received and installed my DAMD wheel with red stitching!
I, like many others, thought these aftermarket wheels were mostly a cosmetic upgrade but I've been pleasantly surprised how much this wheel has improved steering feel and day to day driving.
The added thickness combined with the smaller diameter is really a great combo.

More Obligatory potato pics (plus a couple bonus pics from the recent monthly Cars and Coffee meet)

KelvinTaylor88

Postby shav » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:12 pm

sexual :mrgreen:
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby DVLVS » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:12 pm

Love the look of your liberty, I reckon the JDM front bar tops it off
DVLVS

Car: 2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:43 am

DVLVS wrote:Love the look of your liberty, I reckon the JDM front bar tops it off

Thanks mate, always liked the idea of changing the bar to a more interesting Japanese variant. Especially since the previous owner messed up the stock bar.
Funnily enough the US legacy owners are obsessed with out stock bar, and often call it rare JDM... :lol:

KelvinTaylor88

Postby DVLVS » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:36 pm

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:
DVLVS wrote:Love the look of your liberty, I reckon the JDM front bar tops it off

Thanks mate, always liked the idea of changing the bar to a more interesting Japanese variant. Especially since the previous owner messed up the stock bar.
Funnily enough the US legacy owners are obsessed with out stock bar, and often call it rare JDM... :lol:

No worries, i would have tried and source one for mine if i had of known about the JDM bars before mine went into the panel beaters but didnt see one before it got sent in
DVLVS

Car: 2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:17 am

DVLVS wrote:
KelvinTaylor88 wrote:

No worries, i would have tried and source one for mine if i had of known about the JDM bars before mine went into the panel beaters but didnt see one before it got sent in

At least you didn't do what I did an import a brand new one from Subaru Japan before realising you can buy them second hand much cheaper.. :lol:

KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:43 pm

UPDATE

The update is that there really is not one... :lol: :(

Nothing has really changed since my last post, although I am waiting on an exciting exhaust setup that is currently on a container ship in the pacific ocean. All will be revealed once it finally arrives and is fitted/re-tuned.

Hilariously this is yet again another modification that i stated in a earlier post I'd likely never do, like coilovers, but hey that's cars for ya!

In the mean time have a more recent, very dirty picture (not in the good way).

KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:26 pm

Let's see if anyone reads this!

Just posted this hilarity on facebook, and everyone seems to believe that I am getting rid of my liberty for my mum's A250 Sport. :lol:

Let's see if anyone on Facebook actually uses the forum. If so, surprise!

KelvinTaylor88

Postby Moderate » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:43 pm

The inner vulture won that one. Nice bait :lol:
'05 Urban Grey 3.0R Spec B 6MT
Moderate

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:58 pm

Moderate wrote:The inner vulture won that one. Nice bait :lol:

Haha I'd be a hypocrite if I ever said being a vulture is bad, always worth a shot!
Nice work finding this so quick, didn't think anyone would!

KelvinTaylor88

Postby applegeek897 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:43 pm

I saw this, it got me at first but I couldn't believe it to be true :P
Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -
applegeek897

Car: 05' 3R-B Wagon, 00' Daihatsu Cuore