Member Profile - KelvinTaylor88

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:43 pm

BigBCalais wrote:Any updates on this Kelvin? I want to see those mufflers on the car!

Unfortunately there has been quite a few annoying delays with the new additions to my car.
Big update coming in the next week hopefully once my car gets back from the panel shop. (New JDM front bar, corazon grille, previous owner's damage all repaired, exhaust.)

Will post lots of pictures and impressions once I get my car back with everything done. But for now here is a little teaser for you!

2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

Postby BigBCalais » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:09 pm

Aww yeah, big update is good news :D
dr20t wrote:Simple rule. If you act like a dick then you deserved to get dicked

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Car: Black 06 Blitzen 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26522

Postby WayneKer » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:03 pm

Mate, that sounds good as!

Can't wait to see it that JDM front in person :D
WayneKer

Car: 2006 MY07 Liberty 3.0R Spec B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=27920

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:48 pm

Thanks guys!
So happy with the sound and look of the mufflers :D

Should be picking up the car on Wednesday with the new front end, Corazon sent me the wrong grille though so it might be a couple of weeks yet before the front is completed..
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:09 am

Does anyone know where I can get a tow hook cover for my new JDM Spec B Front Bar?
I can only find it on japan parts which is crazy expensive...

I ordered the bar through Subaru Japan via Garage 88. Should it have come included?

KelvinTaylor88

Postby kiwigene » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:24 pm

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:Does anyone know where I can get a tow hook cover for my new JDM Spec B Front Bar?

I ordered the bar through Subaru Japan via Garage 88. Should it have come included?

Just get TOW sticker instead - because race car... :wink:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-CAMS-APPR ... 1019994635
--
Gene
kiwigene
-stickered-

Car: MY07 GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22087

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:37 pm

kiwigene wrote:
KelvinTaylor88 wrote:Does anyone know where I can get a tow hook cover for my new JDM Spec B Front Bar?

Just get TOW sticker instead - because race car... :wink:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-CAMS-APPR ... 1019994635

Haha very tempting but Garage 88 are being champions and sending me a tow hook cover.

KelvinTaylor88

Postby BigBCalais » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:24 pm

Saw new posts and was expecting the big update, was a little disappointed :(

I guess ill just keep waiting then

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:05 pm

BigBCalais wrote:Saw new posts and was expecting the big update, was a little disappointed :(

I guess ill just keep waiting then

Haha sorry mate! Getting the car back tonight hopefully, so update is coming.
Grille and tow hook cover are being shipped express air from Japan this Friday so the completed look should only be a week or so away.

Very excited!

KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:38 pm

Update

Just got my car back last night from Bill down at Damage Body Works in Moorabbin and couldn't be happier.
His work and attention to detail are fantastic - fixing all the existing panel damage from the previous owner, realigning and respraying the whole front section of my car and all with genuine subaru replacement parts, fitting my new JDM spec B front bumper, and kindly giving the car a full clean inside and out with a polish. He is an old work friend of my dad's and I can't recommend his services enough.

The JDM Spec B Front Bar arrived painted in 39D Brilliant Silver from Garage 88. Unfortunately Corazon frustratingly sent me out the wrong grille, however the guys at Garage 88 ordered me the correct one immediately with express shipping and threw in a Tow Hook Cover and t-shirt free of charge. Very impressive customer service as many of you know from your own experiences.

Lastly, my HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers finally arrived at the Import Monster Warehouse. Very happy with their service and the product, despite the unfortunate but ultimately unavoidable time delay. Mufflers are great quality as expected by HKS, with a nice, deeper and louder note that importantly to me isn't too obnoxious (unlike the burnt titanium tips :lol: )

Enough chit chat, time for pics!

Before

After

Before

After

Better quality pictures and further updates to come once the grille and tow hook cover arrives in a week or two!

KelvinTaylor88

Postby BigBCalais » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:31 pm

Wooo, update. Car looks fantastic mate and those mufflers are :air_kiss:

Lip spoiler and more aggressive fitment would be all that I would do :D

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:26 pm

BigBCalais wrote:Wooo, update. Car looks fantastic mate and those mufflers are :air_kiss:

Lip spoiler and more aggressive fitment would be all that I would do :D

Thanks mate!
STI lip is going back on this weekend, then fitting the grille, and finally saving for a nice aggressive set of Advan RS-IIs in Semi Gloss Black!

KelvinTaylor88

Postby BigBCalais » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:43 pm

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:Thanks mate!
STI lip is going back on this weekend, then fitting the grille, and finally saving for a nice aggressive set of Advan RS-IIs in Semi Gloss Black!

Did you have to buy a new lip to suit the Jdm bar? What size and offset are you looking at in the advans? Although they'd look good even if they were 16x4 +20 :lol:

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:05 pm

BigBCalais wrote:
KelvinTaylor88 wrote:Thanks mate!

Did you have to buy a new lip to suit the Jdm bar? What size and offset are you looking at in the advans? Although they'd look good even if they were 16x4 +20 :lol:

Nope! My original sti lip is actually for the JDM bar actually, so it was even more motivation to do the upgrade!

For the Advans I'm looking at 18x8.5 +45 (GTR face - more concave) with 235/40/18 tyres.

KelvinTaylor88

Postby BigBCalais » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:14 pm

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:
Nope! My original sti lip is actually for the JDM bar actually, so it was even more motivation to do the upgrade!

For the Advans I'm looking at 18x8.5 +45 (GTR face - more concave) with 235/40/18 tyres.

Well that is awfully convenient ;)

Perfect specs imo, just the right amount of poke and width

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods