Member Profile - KelvinTaylor88

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - KelvinTaylor88

Postby shav » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:24 am

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:Oh awesome, you'll love the look and fitment.

I'm just doing both, what's a bit of double sided tape hey?

That's true. Might put them on to see how they look at least.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 am

Exactly! Doesn't take long to install and remove them anyway.
2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

Postby shav » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:58 am

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:Exactly! Doesn't take long to install and remove them anyway.

Cool. I'll be sure post the results. I need some coolness like you. haha :lol:
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:35 am

Mini Update

Replaced my broken MacIntosh sub with a Kicker 10C84 and made a post about my experience, which should be helpful for others like me looking for a good direct placement.
Thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=31076
A lot more detail is in the thread but after having the Kicker in for 3 weeks now I can update my impressions and say that this sub definitely improves with a bedding in period. Bass is clean (sound deadening on the parcel shelf helped) but a lot more punchier now after a bit of time and is a good improvement over the MacIntosh sub (whether broken like mine or not).

Current Plans:

- Getting Grille/Eyelids/Spats/Toe Hook Cover back from painters this week most likely
- Will then order Delta Speed Side Skirts and STI lip extension via Garage 88
- Sourcing an STI lip specific to my JDM bar/selling my current lip
For Sale Thread:http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=31151)
- Possibly getting OEM weathershields
- Then saving up for new rims and tyres.

Better update and new photos once the car is looking a little better.
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

KelvinTaylor88

Postby BigBCalais » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:42 pm

Definitely need to add sub upgrade to my list! Anything required for the sub to bed in or does it just do it over time?

You'll be over the moon when you finally get the stuff back from the painters you've been waiting months. Keen for some pics once it's all done!

Decided on wheels yet?
dr20t wrote:Simple rule. If you act like a dick then you deserved to get dicked

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Car: Black 06 Blitzen 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26522

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:30 am

Needs an E85 Flex Fuel Tune ;)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:44 am

BigBCalais wrote:Definitely need to add sub upgrade to my list! Anything required for the sub to bed in or does it just do it over time?

You'll be over the moon when you finally get the stuff back from the painters you've been waiting months. Keen for some pics once it's all done!

Decided on wheels yet?

SO happy I did mine, the improvement is massive and my car no longer rattles haha.
Not much of an audio expert but I did read on reviews for the Kicker that you don't have to do anything but just give it a couple of weeks to bed in and not be too disappointed initially. In terms of my experience when I first put it in the bass was much cleaner and crispier but around the same punch as the MacIntosh but now after 3 weeks it is considerably stronger. It seems any new sub needs a little time to get up to full strength.

Yeah so stoked to finally be getting all the parts back and having a "complete" looking car (we all know it never is actually complete :lol: )
Pics will definitely happen immediately!

For wheels I'm constantly browsing yahoo and croober for bargains, pretty set on getting a new set of Advan RZIIs though in gloss black (18x8.5 +45 GTR face)
WHEN DO WE GET TO SEE YOUR NEW RIMS???

KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:45 am

KiDo_Tuning wrote:Needs an E85 Flex Fuel Tune ;)

...when are you next in Melbourne?

KelvinTaylor88

Postby BigBCalais » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:08 am

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:SO happy I did mine, the improvement is massive and my car no longer rattles haha.
Not much of an audio expert but I did read on reviews for the Kicker that you don't have to do anything but just give it a couple of weeks to bed in and not be too disappointed initially. In terms of my experience when I first put it in the bass was much cleaner and crispier but around the same punch as the MacIntosh but now after 3 weeks it is considerably stronger. It seems any new sub needs a little time to get up to full strength.

Yeah so stoked to finally be getting all the parts back and having a "complete" looking car (we all know it never is actually complete :lol: )
Pics will definitely happen immediately!

For wheels I'm constantly browsing yahoo and croober for bargains, pretty set on getting a new set of Advan RZIIs though in gloss black (18x8.5 +45 GTR face)
WHEN DO WE GET TO SEE YOUR NEW RIMS???

Sweet, I'll make sure I do it next :)

Of course it's never complete, it is not a valid state of modification :lol:

Awesome choice, I really like the look of the rzII and good specs ;)
My wheels should arrive at my door on the 13th actually, so very soon ;)

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Postby Matazlin » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:25 pm

Car definitely is coming together nicely, even better once you get all the front end matched up. Sounded like a bit of a stuff around! Haha but good work in persevering through and getting it done.

Size and offset are pretty spot on so you shouldn't have too many difficulties getting them to fit. Maybe a guard roll and a slight pull. Definitely more pics of the car are needed!
Matazlin

Car: MY06 3.0R Spec B.
Profile URL: http://bit.ly/1CpVWZh

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:03 pm

Matazlin wrote:Car definitely is coming together nicely, even better once you get all the front end matched up. Sounded like a bit of a stuff around! Haha but good work in persevering through and getting it done.

Size and offset are pretty spot on so you shouldn't have too many difficulties getting them to fit. Maybe a guard roll and a slight pull. Definitely more pics of the car are needed!

Yeah really keen to see some results finally after all the stuff around.

Delta speeds and a few other bits and pieces to be sorted first, then the rims.
I think the specs are the best I'm going to get fitment wise without committing to coilovers and camber.
I'll roll all guards first and see how I go, then get a slight pull if I have any scrub (planning on 235/40/18 tyres)

KelvinTaylor88

Postby BigBCalais » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:39 pm

235/40/18 is what I ran on my enkeis and what I'm going to be running on my new wheels. Definitely roll guards, I didn't want to risk chopping a tyre and having to buy a new one. Only scrubs slightly on the under guard liner on full lock, so trim it back and you should be fine

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:40 pm

BigBCalais wrote:235/40/18 is what I ran on my enkeis and what I'm going to be running on my new wheels. Definitely roll guards, I didn't want to risk chopping a tyre and having to buy a new one. Only scrubs slightly on the under guard liner on full lock, so trim it back and you should be fine

Did you have to trim it back much? Can I just park the car on full lock and see how much it scrubs or would it be inaccurate when the car is stationary?

KelvinTaylor88

Postby BigBCalais » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:45 pm

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:
Did you have to trim it back much? Can I just park the car on full lock and see how much it scrubs or would it be inaccurate when the car is stationary?

I haven't trimmed it yet, just never got around to it. You should be able to see what part hits if the car is stationary, personally mine is the outside part because it doesn't go in with the rolled guards so it hangs down

06 Blitzen 6mt
BigBCalais

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:28 pm

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:
KiDo_Tuning wrote:Needs an E85 Flex Fuel Tune ;)

...when are you next in Melbourne?

5th til 9th November is the plan!
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods