Member Profile - KelvinTaylor88

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - KelvinTaylor88

Postby OutLawZ » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Hey bud, nice car!
I was wondering where did you get that front lip from? Can you suggest me a link of some sort as I'm looking for one for my lib, cheers
OutLawZ

Car: Suburu liberty

Postby renan_don18 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:55 pm

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:Quick Update

While I'm bored and still stuck on my physio treatment thought I'd provide a small update.
A couple of weeks ago I ordered via Import Monster this set of HKS ES Premium Ti Limited mufflers that were for sale off the Autobacs demo car in Japan.

These mufflers were at a great price and are very hard to track down since they were only a limited production run.
Very happy with the purchase, from what I've understood from research they give a nice and moderate rumble on idle and open up the engine note nicely under WOT without being stupidly loud or obnoxious.
And although it's not to everyone's tastes I very much like the look of these mufflers, certainly better than the dented and scuffed stock mufflers they are replacing.
I may upgrade the whole exhaust system at a later date but leaving everything stock for now.

Once I'm given the all clear to work and drive again my next mod will be finally getting the window tint done with Rob over at Ringwood, then rear sway/mounts and new Advan RS II rims in the near future.

fuck, they look nice! yeah cannons aren't to everyone's taste but i like these ones! Go for the wheels soon just to complete the look :)
renan_don18

Car: Subaru Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25830

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:26 am

OutLawZ wrote:Hey bud, nice car!
I was wondering where did you get that front lip from? Can you suggest me a link of some sort as I'm looking for one for my lib, cheers

Thanks mate!
I got the STi front lip second hand from a member on here, quite a lucky find but post a thread in the "Wanted to Buy" section and you might get lucky!
Otherwise Import Monster have a few auctions on them or you can buy them more locally from Tuspeed.
Another option is a replica lip, personally I prefer the genuine STI lip but Ultrex and OnTheRun Motorsports have good offerings.
2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:29 am

renan_don18 wrote:
KelvinTaylor88 wrote:Quick Update

While I'm bored and still stuck on my physio treatment thought I'd provide a small update.
A couple of weeks ago I ordered via Import Monster this set of HKS ES Premium Ti Limited mufflers that were for sale off the Autobacs demo car in Japan.

These mufflers were at a great price and are very hard to track down since they were only a limited production run.
Very happy with the purchase, from what I've understood from research they give a nice and moderate rumble on idle and open up the engine note nicely under WOT without being stupidly loud or obnoxious.
And although it's not to everyone's tastes I very much like the look of these mufflers, certainly better than the dented and scuffed stock mufflers they are replacing.
I may upgrade the whole exhaust system at a later date but leaving everything stock for now.

Once I'm given the all clear to work and drive again my next mod will be finally getting the window tint done with Rob over at Ringwood, then rear sway/mounts and new Advan RS II rims in the near future.

fuck, they look nice! yeah cannons aren't to everyone's taste but i like these ones! Go for the wheels soon just to complete the look :)

Thanks so much man! Really happy with my choice and can't wait to get them fitted, especially now that the doctor has said I can drive again!
Tint and rims are definitely soon to come, hopefully a nice christmas present for myself :D
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:04 pm

Installed
35% Charcoal tint all round, including a purpose built reflective film for the sunroof, expertly applied by Rob today over at Car Tint in Ringwood.
Cannot recommend his work enough, his attention to detail was fantastic and he did all of the work in front me explaining the entire process as he went.

Now that I'm cleared to go back to work this week the saving begins for what's likely to be the final cosmetic upgrade for my car - a set of Advan RS IIs!

KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:56 pm

Updated first post with newer pictures.

They really highlight the great job Rob did on the tint, very happy.
Next on the agenda is saving up for a new set of Advan RSIIs 18x8.5 +44 wrapped in some new 235/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s. Based on what I've read this is a great fitment that will set the car off and drive nicely.

Seems I'll have to get the rear guards rolled to fit the new boots, does anyone have any suggestions on good places in Melbourne to get this done? (Don't trust myself to do DIY on this one)
Also opinions on what colour to go with for the rims would be greatly appreciated, tossing up between semi gloss black and hyper black (may respray after I have them for a while to Subaru 36y Onyx Metallic or something similar)

KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:04 pm

Mufflers have been shipped by IM and should be here by the end of the month.

Bad news at the moment unfortunately, was about to pull the trigger on some new rims when I had a minor traffic light bingle with an Audi. No damage on his car but my front bar and grille are looking pretty horrible so I'm taking the opportunity to do a JDM conversion.

Does anyone know any good places to source a jdm spec b front bar and a corazon grille? (found them on japan parts, been trawling through IM and have emailed PHat too)

KelvinTaylor88

Postby WayneKer » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:32 pm

:( That's a bummer, sorry to hear mate.

Them JDM front bars should look sick with the corazons, so definitely keen in seeing how this works out.
WayneKer

Car: 2006 MY07 Liberty 3.0R Spec B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=27920

Postby BigBCalais » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:40 pm

Making the best out of a bad situation, good job

have you thought about the k2gear bar? it looks awesome
dr20t wrote:Simple rule. If you act like a dick then you deserved to get dicked

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Car: Black 06 Blitzen 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26522

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:13 pm

WayneKer wrote::( That's a bummer, sorry to hear mate.

Them JDM front bars should look sick with the corazons, so definitely keen in seeing how this works out.

Thanks man, will definitely be uploading pictures once it's all finished! Actually not overly annoyed because I've always wanted to convert the front end but couldn't justify the change since my front bar was in decent condition, now I simply have no choice but to do the JDM conversion. :twisted:

BigBCalais wrote:Making the best out of a bad situation, good job

have you thought about the k2gear bar? it looks awesome

Yeah it was an unlucky incident but there is always a silver lining I guess.
I did see the k2gear bar on japanparts and I do like the look of it but overall prefer the JDM spec B plus being OEM is nice.

KelvinTaylor88

Postby dmhc » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:56 pm

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:Seems I'll have to get the rear guards rolled to fit the new boots, does anyone have any suggestions on good places in Melbourne to get this done? (Don't trust myself to do DIY on this one)

highly recommend Tyrepower North Melbourne who recently did the guards and a bunch of suspension work for me -- turned out very nicely.
dmhc

Car: 08 GT spec.B 5EAT

Postby cruisn » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:08 pm

I'll just leave this here for inspiration......

cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:37 pm

cruisn wrote:I'll just leave this here for inspiration......

That and your successor THERB-5 is definitely the major source for my inspiration!

Not even sure this little traffic light bingle is a setback anymore after seeing these sexy machines!

KelvinTaylor88

Postby WayneKer » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:11 pm

:o Wow dayumm. <3
WayneKer

Car: 2006 MY07 Liberty 3.0R Spec B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=27920

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:45 pm

UPDATE

Shown below is the extent of the bodywork damage on my car. My front and rear bars were already damaged from the previous owner but the damage wasn't severe enough to warrant a full repair,
Well hasn't that changed! Got a rough quote today from a smash repairer in Moorabbin that my dad used to give a lot of work too through the business he worked for, great guy and quoted me what I believe to be a very good deal.
To pull out the front and realign all the front panels that are now sitting out of place, fix up and respray both bars, and refit everything will be roughly $1500.
OR if I import my own front bar he'll spray and fit it for a little less.

I'm liking the idea of the second option, as while it will be more expensive to import a new front bar rather than fix the old one, I want the JDM front bar with a corazon grille.
Any suggestions/feedback/general wisdom on this repair would be greatly appreciated.

The rear looks worse than the photo, the paint is pretty badly cracked and the bar is a little dented.

KelvinTaylor88

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods