Member Profile - KelvinTaylor88

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - KelvinTaylor88

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:20 am

So good, thanks for the feedback!
I could almost live with the slight handling tradeoff, indeed the monster truck option could be a blessing on the rare occasion :)
I’m not sure which is preferable for rear camber correction, adjustable lower lateral arms, upper arms or a combination of both. If the rear axles are extended during suspension compression, pulling away from the diff, lower arms could do the trick. You could measure track at the rim caps to see what’s going on at different ride heights...
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: Member Profile - KelvinTaylor88

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:47 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:So good, thanks for the feedback!
I could almost live with the slight handling tradeoff, indeed the monster truck option could be a blessing on the rare occasion :)
I’m not sure which is preferable for rear camber correction, adjustable lower lateral arms, upper arms or a combination of both. If the rear axles are extended during suspension compression, pulling away from the diff, lower arms could do the trick. You could measure track at the rim caps to see what’s going on at different ride heights...

Yeah I certainly wouldn't recommend the switch for anyone driving their car hard (keep in mind my setup is quite cheap, 10k+ engineered setups might be fine for harder applications) but it's a smooth enough daily and the aesthetic and flexibility are big wins in my books.
I can actually get into my garage now!

I think upper arms on their own are the cheapest and easiest solution, I've gone with the lower arms and camber bushes and am happy with the options it gives me on setup, just need to dial it in properly now.
2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

Previous

Return to Post your mods