Member profile - nytrojen

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Member profile - nytrojen

Postby nytrojen » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:42 pm

Well... it's been 2.5 years without a Liberty. I've dabbled in the darkside of euro motoring with a MY00 1.6l Golf, which have honestly been the lowest years of my car ownership life. For those who don't recall (or weren't here), here a look at the link in my sig for details of what happened to my previous Liberty (nickname: Cobalt).

EDIT here's a pic of my old girl:

Now I'm in a MY10 Sports Premium, and couldn't be happier! I never thought I'd ever own a Gen 5 - I HATED it at first, and honestly I still think my pre-fl was the best looking thing on wheels, but after exhaustive searches... the only model that satisfied my shopping list was what I'm in now. The looks are growing on me, and I know it's underpowered and the CVT is weird (I actually really like it), but coming from a shopping trolley of a car with barely enough power to blend a smoothie, this thing feels like a rocket!

Now that I have a little time, and I'm back from holiday (went to the US - California for the very first time, proposed to my gf, etc. Nothing too big :P) I can finally spend some time on the car and recording it.

I have a LOT of mods in mind... but too little funding for it all. So here's the girl so far:

First day of ownership:

HKS180 kitout

Factory lights:

6000k HIDs, LED fogs, LED parkers

Interior and exterior

Boot strip

I LOVE how bright the courtesy light is now

Next mod is a tune by Matt from KiDo
Last edited by nytrojen on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nytrojen
-stickered-

Re: Member profile - nytrojen

Postby Boostaddict » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:35 pm

Welcome back.

And congrats on the proposal.
Not a Subaru...... Something MUCH better

NOPE..... That's shit too. Bus anyone??
Boostaddict

Car: 07 LGT Tuned By Sti
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22537

Postby satogixxer » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:52 pm

Welcome, good to see another Gen V join the fold. :mrgreen:

Car is looking great, love the complete lighting overhaul you've done already! :good:
[Liberty GT MY10 6MT]: STI bits | STI Brembo's + Dixcel | DAMD D-shape | Cusco coilovers & sways | HKS LA clutch | BLITZ pod | Plazmaman FMIC | Deshele built EJ25 | Emtron ECU | BorgWarner EFR 7670 | 369kw atw
[Outback 3R MY04]: Stock as a rock
Profile video here
satogixxer

Car: '10 Liberty GT 6MT + '04 Outback 3R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20495

Postby hks180 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:23 am

Nice work Avon !!
[TEAM FUNERAL]
HID & LED >> CLICK HERE
hks180

Postby nytrojen » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:45 am

Cheers guys!

Also, the fascia kit arrived today! Part one of my audio overhaul plan
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby Gen5is » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:44 am

Can't wait to see your audio setup! I'm still contemplating on running a single 4 channel or 2 separate amps for subs and speakers.
Gen5is

Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Postby JJYL » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:38 am

Congrats on the Liberty and it is looking fine

The Gen V will grow on you as the ownership days tick along, you will get used to it
JJYL

Car: 2008 Liberty GTB 6spd Black Sedan

Postby nytrojen » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Gen5is wrote:Can't wait to see your audio setup! I'm still contemplating on running a single 4 channel or 2 separate amps for subs and speakers.

I'd personally go with 2 separate amps (which is what I'm hoping to do in the long run) :D

And yeah, while it's no Gen 4, the Sports Premium at least looks really aggressive and imposing with the GT front bar and blacked out lights :D
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby Gen5is » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:37 pm

nytrojen wrote:
Gen5is wrote:Can't wait to see your audio setup! I'm still contemplating on running a single 4 channel or 2 separate amps for subs and speakers.

I'd personally go with 2 separate amps (which is what I'm hoping to do in the long run) :D

And yeah, while it's no Gen 4, the Sports Premium at least looks really aggressive and imposing with the GT front bar and blacked out lights :D

Yeah, I definitely would run 2, but for me.. space is quite limited and even trying to tuck the sub somewhere to take up the least amount of space seems either impossible or costly. Sounds ridiculous coming from a Wagon owner LOL
Gen5is

Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Postby nytrojen » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:41 pm

Do you have the McIntosh? If so, you could try replacing it with another 8" sub. I was thinking about one of these:

Apparently they have a fairly decent output despite the size.

I'm also considering making a fibreglass enlosure for my old Boston Acoustics G210 sub, that way it'll take up a whole lot less space in the boot.
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby nytrojen » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:04 am

Just got the car tuned by Matt from KiDo. Feels a bit livelier off the line and when accelerating during freeway driving. Sounds bit growlier and hopefully economy will be better. CVT is a lot quicker shifting in manual mode. Tends to roll back a lot more on hills though-used to just hold itself stationary before the tune... Maybe just something I need to get used to

EDIT: Doesn't seem to roll back anymore. Dunno what's changed, but it's all good now! Car is definitely livelier now that I've had a chance to drive it in my everyday scenarios. Thanks again Matt!
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby nytrojen » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:23 pm

Got one of these in the car now... especially after my accident I want to make sure I have video evidence of anything that happens in the future lol. Gotta say, it's incredible value for money! Excellent picture quality and features for the price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310752336819

nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby nytrojen » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:10 pm

Not exactly a car mod... this is more of a desk/office mod :D

If only my full size car had a hood scoop... well... one that actually did something, that is
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby BathDoctor » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:26 pm

Looking real nice with the LED's!

I picked up my my11 2.5 a couple of months ago and haven't changed anything just yet but you're giving me some inspiration..

It would be interesting to see the improvements after tuning.

Keen to see what else you have in store! :good:
BathDoctor

Car: MY11 2.5i Premium Sedan

Postby nytrojen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:13 pm

BathDoctor wrote:Looking real nice with the LED's!

I picked up my my11 2.5 a couple of months ago and haven't changed anything just yet but you're giving me some inspiration..

It would be interesting to see the improvements after tuning.

Keen to see what else you have in store! :good:

Cheers! I have lots of plans... just no money to back it up.

The tuning has made a HUGE difference to the flappy-paddle shifting. Before I didn't even bother using them at all because of the lag. It's all but gone now. I got a tune heavily biased towards fuel economy, so it's pretty dead until you really put your foot down. Seems to be a tiny bit more torquey now though, and the engine is definitely a lot perkier with 98 now than before the tune. It's worth it even if it's a placebo effect lol.
nytrojen
-stickered-

Next

Return to Post your mods