Dazzz'z MY07 Lib TB STi wags 011/300

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Dazzz'z MY07 Lib TB STi wags 011/300

Postby dazzz168 » Sun May 25, 2014 12:52 pm

Hey all! Thought I would start a thread on my new ride I picked up on Friday all the way from Melbourne!!! :D

It's number 011/300, an 07 Liberty GTB Tuned by STi 5eat wagon in Black with charcoal rims and completely unmodified! I've always wanted one of these, so when the opportunity came up to secure one in the specs I was after, I obviously didn't hesitate. Plus Sean82 kept telling me how much he loved his Liberty :lol:

Current Aftermarket additions:

Performance:
- Stage 1 TP Tune
- Prova Air Intake Guide lol

Suspension, Braking, & Wheels:
- DBA T3 2-Piece Rotors up front and DBA T3 Rear & Project Mu Pads all round
- STi Enkei 18x7.5 +55 rims refinished in Subaru Onyx Metallic 36Y (without the purple mixed in)
- Hankook V8 235/40/18 Tyres

Cosmetics:
- Headlights Blacked out and CCFL Halo by Leo (HKS180 @ Club lib)
- King Pin Number plate covers
- Hanabi Clear LED tail lights (not sure)
- Color Coded OEM grille
- Colour coded JDM eye lids
- Rear Pods/splash guards (Wateva they are called)

Interior:
- 3D rubber floor mats from BigAuto.com.au BigBadBenny's group buy
- Parkmate Reverse camera with rear view mirror monitor
- HKS180 interior LEDs throughout

Maybe soon list:
- Some more Bodykit additions
- Replace distorting Macintosh Sub
- Downpipe, 3 Port, and Retune

Apologies for the crappy iphone pics...

Thanks for looking! :drinks:
Last edited by dazzz168 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dazzz168

Car: Forester XT & TB STi Lib
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20816

Re: Dazzz'z MY07 Lib TB STi wags :-)

Postby SYM » Sun May 25, 2014 1:39 pm

Great pickup Dan!

Looking forward to seeing your work/ideas/journey as it unfolds :) ..... like with ur foz
[ MY10 Liberty GT Wagon ] : Powered by HKS | STi | KiDo | Cusco | Valenti | Crystal Eye | F&R Brembo BBK, cruisn style :mrgreen:

Pics | Jack Moss' awesome Prototype photography of the GT | MY10 LGT early days, and Most Recent pics
Vids | SYM Member Profile video | Our slick club.lib #bandbacktogether video plus Various other club.liberty vid compilations
SYM
-stickered-

Car: MY10 LGT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17124

Postby kennysti » Sun May 25, 2014 1:49 pm

eyyy lookin good! Welcome to the fold 8)
Black on Black..
kennysti

Car: 07 Liberty tuned by STi Wagon

Postby dazzz168 » Sun May 25, 2014 4:04 pm

SYM wrote:Great pickup Dan!

Looking forward to seeing your work/ideas/journey as it unfolds :) ..... like with ur foz

Thanks Sym! I'm pretty happy with it as is, so not really sure what else to do haha!

kennysti wrote:eyyy lookin good! Welcome to the fold 8)

Thanks mate! I may have had a peek at your thread quite a few times, love ur car!
dazzz168

Postby Kekotic » Sun May 25, 2014 5:38 pm

Nice Lib. Can't wait to see what you do with it!
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby alexeiwoody » Sun May 25, 2014 6:31 pm

Holy ssh!t! :D

You and sean are like brothers-in-cars.

Congrats, it looks 11/10, manual/auto?

Edit: Oops...just saw the sneaky 5eat. Nice :good:
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby Sean82 » Sun May 25, 2014 6:42 pm

You're welcome.

I expect the brembos on your Foz to be appearing on my Liberty in the near future!
:lol: :lol:
Current: MY04 LGT 5EAT Wagon
Previous: MY11 Forester S-Edition VF52|ID1000s|Stuff|E85|12.9s @ 106
Sean82

Car: MY04 GT with JDM GRB EJ207 swap

Postby dazzz168 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:11 pm

Kekotic wrote:Nice Lib. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Cheers mate! Won't really be doing much to it I reckon, I really like how they are out of the box :D

alexeiwoody wrote:Holy ssh!t! :D

You and sean are like brothers-in-cars.

Congrats, it looks 11/10, manual/auto?

Edit: Oops...just saw the sneaky 5eat. Nice :good:

Haha! Yeah, seems that way... we talk a lot of crap to each other and I couldn't stand him talking about his Lib all the time :lol:

Sean82 wrote:You're welcome.

I expect the brembos on your Foz to be appearing on my Liberty in the near future!
:lol: :lol:

I think you are dreaming Sean...

Little update:

Had the Lib serviced last week and dropped all the fluids. This week will see new plugs, tranny cooler, Bilstein shocks, and a few other maintenance bits and bobs to make it mechanically perfect to my liking. Oh, and the rims will be restored/repainted and wrapped in new 225/45/18 tyres.

I have also put a TP Tune on it with a different DBW that I tested with TP and ended up with VERY positive results. I must say that the car is an absolute blast to drive in S# which makes that VF46 work hard hahaha! S mode is calm and sedate for easy everyday driving while maximizing good fuel efficiency yet still responsive. I mode is still next to useless not being able to go past 40% Throttle angle so I may come back to working on it later with Eric. For now, the two modes provides enough satisfying sensation to keep me happy :lol:

I still gotta vent though, WTF were they thinking with Intelligent mode not being able to go past 40% throttle opening angle? I find it quite dangerous not being able to get power when needed, especially in those instances where you need to overtake or speed up to get your self out of trouble etc... Then there's the stock S mode, still very vague and unresponsive til you floor it and it goes WOT and only then the boost comes in, very annoyingly unpleasing to drive. The stock Sport# is okay, I guess. *end rant*
dazzz168

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:46 pm

Also for future eference you can 'upgrade' back to A2UG001G ECU which is a simple reflash back on(assuming it does not have the write bit F0 instead of FF error at 01FF0 some of the TBSTi got)

Add this to EcuFlash for A2UI000Y

<table name="MAP_Switch_Cruise_REq_Torque_Thresh_Max_A" category="Misc" address="d168c" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Requested Torque (Map Switch)">
<table name="Engine Speed" address="d164c" type="Y Axis" elements="16" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="MAP_Switch_Accel_Switch_REq_Torque_Thresh_Min_A" category="Misc" address="d16ec" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Requested Torque (Map Switch)">
<table name="Engine Speed" address="d16ac" type="Y Axis" elements="16" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="MAP_Switch_Cruise_REq_Torque_Thresh_Max_B" category="Misc" address="d174c" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Requested Torque (Map Switch)">
<table name="Engine Speed" address="d170c" type="Y Axis" elements="16" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="MAP_Switch_Accel_Switch_REq_Torque_Thresh_Min_B" category="Misc" address="d17ac" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Requested Torque (Map Switch)">
<table name="Engine Speed" address="d176c" type="Y Axis" elements="16" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="MAP_Switch_Cruise_REq_Torque_Thresh_Max_C" category="Misc" address="d180c" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Requested Torque (Map Switch)">
<table name="Engine Speed" address="d17cc" type="Y Axis" elements="16" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="MAP_Switch_Accel_Switch_REq_Torque_Thresh_Min_C" category="Misc" address="d186c" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Requested Torque (Map Switch)">
<table name="Engine Speed" address="d182c" type="Y Axis" elements="16" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

And you will see why ;) A2UG001G does not have the different values
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby dazzz168 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:00 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:Also for future eference you can 'upgrade' back to A2UG001G ECU which is a simple reflash back on(assuming it does not have the write bit F0 instead of FF error at 01FF0 some of the TBSTi got)

Add this to EcuFlash for A2UI000Y

<table name="MAP_Switch_Cruise_REq_Torque_Thresh_Max_A" category="Misc" address="d168c" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Requested Torque (Map Switch)">
<table name="Engine Speed" address="d164c" type="Y Axis" elements="16" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="MAP_Switch_Accel_Switch_REq_Torque_Thresh_Min_A" category="Misc" address="d16ec" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Requested Torque (Map Switch)">
<table name="Engine Speed" address="d16ac" type="Y Axis" elements="16" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="MAP_Switch_Cruise_REq_Torque_Thresh_Max_B" category="Misc" address="d174c" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Requested Torque (Map Switch)">
<table name="Engine Speed" address="d170c" type="Y Axis" elements="16" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="MAP_Switch_Accel_Switch_REq_Torque_Thresh_Min_B" category="Misc" address="d17ac" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Requested Torque (Map Switch)">
<table name="Engine Speed" address="d176c" type="Y Axis" elements="16" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="MAP_Switch_Cruise_REq_Torque_Thresh_Max_C" category="Misc" address="d180c" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Requested Torque (Map Switch)">
<table name="Engine Speed" address="d17cc" type="Y Axis" elements="16" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="MAP_Switch_Accel_Switch_REq_Torque_Thresh_Min_C" category="Misc" address="d186c" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Requested Torque (Map Switch)">
<table name="Engine Speed" address="d182c" type="Y Axis" elements="16" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

And you will see why ;) A2UG001G does not have the different values

Ooh NICE! Thanks Matt, will have a play around when I get some me time :lol:
dazzz168

Postby Bezzza » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:26 pm

Do it now Dazz!
Matt had problems with my car (08 STi) and he just couldn't figure out why it would not get past 30/40% throttle in I-mode.
Changing the ecu ID has worked a treat :good: I-mode is similar to S# now just a little tamer.

Hope you're enjoying the new car, and like others, looking forward to seeing what you do with it! Was a big fan of the foz!
mod -> tune -> drive -> get bored -> repeat...
Bezzza

Car: MY08 tb STi Wagon, 5AT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17319

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:51 pm

Nice rig!!! :mrgreen:
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby dazzz168 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:16 am

Bezzza wrote:Do it now Dazz!
Matt had problems with my car (08 STi) and he just couldn't figure out why it would not get past 30/40% throttle in I-mode.
Changing the ecu ID has worked a treat :good: I-mode is similar to S# now just a little tamer.

Hope you're enjoying the new car, and like others, looking forward to seeing what you do with it! Was a big fan of the foz!

Cheers Bezzza! I will hopefully get round to it soon. I am enjoying the car a lot. It's a different drive from the Forester... a bit more comfortable and mature.

bigBADbenny wrote:Nice rig!!! :mrgreen:

Haha! Thanks BBB... when those Prova rims coming off? :lol:
dazzz168

Postby dazzz168 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:37 am

Ok, so I used the A2UG001G map instead and I-mode is completely fine now.

Now I have to work on the Intel map haha!

Thanks for the info Matt and bezzza for the push haha!
dazzz168

Postby Bezzza » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:57 am

dazzz168 wrote:Ok, so I used the A2UG001G map instead and I-mode is completely fine now.

Now I have to work on the Intel map haha!

Thanks for the info Matt and bezzza for the push haha!

:good: Amazing why from the factory they would limit it like that. Like you said, it is dangerous in certain situations, just gives you no power!
mod -> tune -> drive -> get bored -> repeat...
Bezzza

Car: MY08 tb STi Wagon, 5AT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17319

Next

Return to Post your mods