Enigma (SA)- Spec B H6 wagon, now with Raptor & Brembo etc!

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member profile - Enigma (SA) - Spec B wagon H6 6MT

Postby Enigma » Thu May 22, 2014 12:48 am

sbv wrote:If that was you on Melbourne St, this car has some serious appeal. Looks mint and sounds awesome!

Would have loved to stop, but traffic wasn't particularly conducive...

Hi mate

That was indeed me - took a call and had to race back into town hence the u turn hah!

Will have to meet up one day :D
--------------
Daniel
2008 Spec B H6 6MT wagon - 148awkw

Tein S-Techs, 18x8.5 Gravels, Raptor headers with full custom stainless exhaust, EcuTek remap, HKS panel filter, front lip, honeycomb grille + more
http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25863
Enigma

Car: MY09 3.0 Spec B wagon 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25863

Re: Member profile - Enigma (SA) - Spec B wagon H6 6MT

Postby Enigma » Thu May 22, 2014 1:04 am

Exciting times in wagon land this week - a few mods so far!

- Raptor headers installed with 100cel cats by Exhaust Technology
Wow! They sound great. With the headers fitted with matching 100cel cats (round ones) the sound is awesome. My system is now full stainless with rear mufflers, small centre resonator and the cats and headers too. Marky Mark and his team at ET have done well. Quality of the headers themselves is very good - would definitely recommend them to anyone with a H6!

- EcuTek remap by S&J Automotive
After header install, I took the car straight to Sean at S&J for a retune to suit. My car had already had a tickle in standard form with EcuTek, but with the full exhaust and intake now, we felt there were gains to be had. And there sure were! A quick clean of the AFM and some tweaking on the dyno worked wonders with the car going from 127awkw as it drove in with headers etc, to 148awkw post tune, both on Ultimate 98. The main improvement I have felt is in tractability - it's so smooth and linear now. With the headers it's picked up more go up higher in the rev range but it sounds and feels not just faster but also more linear than before. I'm very very happy!

- Kicker RT Comp 8in sub
After reading on the forums for this as a direct replacement for the OEM sub I thought it was worth a shot. Install was so easy - removed sub grille, and after a little wiring work and 8 screws it was done! Initial feel is that it's not hugely different to before, but will need to spend more time in the car to feel the difference I guess. Running off the factory amp and wiring - not sure if I have missed anything? Probably just too busy listening to the exhaust!

All in all the headers and tune have transformed the car in both noise and driveability - will get a sound clip soon.
--------------
Daniel

Tein S-Techs, 18x8.5 Gravels, Raptor headers with full custom stainless exhaust, EcuTek remap, HKS panel filter, front lip, honeycomb grille + more
Enigma

Re: Member profile - Enigma - Spec B wagon now w/ Raptor hea

Postby shav » Thu May 22, 2014 9:31 am

Sounds awesome mate. Congrats.

I bet it brings a smile to ya face!
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby Travis_gib0 » Thu May 29, 2014 9:51 pm

Once again Daniel highly jealous of you machine. Wish mine was manual and a wagon.

If you need any Audio advice/upgrades you know who to speak to lol Chris will look after you. Better that I'd be more than happy to give you a hand out of work hours if you need. Chris comes to me whenever someone enquires with subaru audio lol. Ripped out the last of my mcintosh stereo last weekend. But I did have the polk sub running of an aftermarket amp connected to the mcintosh system no worries. I'd say the kicker is hungry for more power and will give you some decent volume. I'd also recomend dynamiting around the area of the sub to eliminate any vibrations. Best upgrade I ever did in my sedan was the doors and parcel shelf in dynamat. The doors mainly. Made the factory speakers sound awesome.
Travis_gib0

Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0R, 1989 Honda Legend
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24555

Postby Enigma » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:37 pm

Travis_gib0 wrote:Once again Daniel highly jealous of you machine. Wish mine was manual and a wagon.

If you need any Audio advice/upgrades you know who to speak to lol Chris will look after you. Better that I'd be more than happy to give you a hand out of work hours if you need. Chris comes to me whenever someone enquires with subaru audio lol. Ripped out the last of my mcintosh stereo last weekend. But I did have the polk sub running of an aftermarket amp connected to the mcintosh system no worries. I'd say the kicker is hungry for more power and will give you some decent volume. I'd also recomend dynamiting around the area of the sub to eliminate any vibrations. Best upgrade I ever did in my sedan was the doors and parcel shelf in dynamat. The doors mainly. Made the factory speakers sound awesome.

Thanks mate!

I spoke to Chris the other day actually - car has some sort of Parrot BT system from the old owner, which seems to randomly like to shout "PHONEBOOK" at me. Thankfully now the sweet sound of H6 can kind of mask it, but it'll need replacement soon which you guys will sort out.

The Kicker seems to go OK - I've been unwell the past week so haven't driven the car a lot since the install. Could do with more power for sure - sounds like taking some of the bass away from the door speakers and to the amp would help, if that makes sense? I don't know a lot about car audio. I've got an Alpine digital monoblock sitting here that I used to run in my old Impreza with a Cadence Wild Beast, and that punched hard as - I guess I could always use that to run this sub. Will have to get my Dynamat on too - glad to hear that improved things with the OEM speakers.
--------------
Daniel

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:53 pm

shav wrote:Sounds awesome mate. Congrats.

It sounds mint, and that with the extra power sure does produce the smiles - I'd imagine the sound will deepen a touch with more carbon and more driving, but as it is I love it. A bit louder than I thought it'd be, but that's not a bad thing.

Fuel economy has stabilised after the dyno runs etc - sitting in high 12s/low 13s L/100 with the new tune, as opposed to mid 13s with the same driving style/roads etc as before. Happy days!

Next on the list are some braking upgrades - F+R Brembos are being refurbished currently in preparation for fitment with STi lines, pad + rotor choice still TBC. Leaning towards DBA 4000 T3 rotor wise with either MRT or Project MU pads - any advice or recommendation here would be greatly appreciated.

Pics to come soon
Daniel
--------------
Daniel

Enigma

Postby shav » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:52 pm

Enigma wrote:

It sounds mint, and that with the extra power sure does produce the smiles - I'd imagine the sound will deepen a touch with more carbon and more driving, but as it is I love it. A bit louder than I thought it'd be, but that's not a bad thing.

Fuel economy has stabilised after the dyno runs etc - sitting in high 12s/low 13s L/100 with the new tune, as opposed to mid 13s with the same driving style/roads etc as before. Happy days!

Next on the list are some braking upgrades - F+R Brembos are being refurbished currently in preparation for fitment with STi lines, pad + rotor choice still TBC. Leaning towards DBA 4000 T3 rotor wise with either MRT or Project MU pads - any advice or recommendation here would be greatly appreciated.

Pics to come soon
Daniel

Have a chat to Paul from Street to Track (site sponsor) for deals on the T3's and pads combo's. I've done some searching around on the net and he seems to be the cheapest or he'll at least match any prices advertised. I too will be needing new rotors and pads soon. Thinking of the T2's for me as I dont track the car.

That's great that you are happy with the overall finish to the car. Nothing better than getting to meet and exceed your own expectations.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby jslayz » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:10 pm

project mu club racer if you will be repeatedly pushing the car...
noisy though, but great in repeated application.
4000 t3 are good but even after skimming mine have a mild shudder...?
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby shav » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:07 pm

I noticed my stock rotors are warped. This has happened on a few occasions where I have washed the car after I've driven it and gotten water on the rotors while they are hot still. If I get new rotors, I'll be making sure the car has cooled down prior to applying water to those areas. Sorry to go OT
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Enigma » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:40 am

shav wrote:
Enigma wrote:

Pics to come soon
Daniel

Have a chat to Paul from Street to Track (site sponsor) for deals on the T3's and pads combo's. I've done some searching around on the net and he seems to be the cheapest or he'll at least match any prices advertised. I too will be needing new rotors and pads soon. Thinking of the T2's for me as I dont track the car.

That's great that you are happy with the overall finish to the car. Nothing better than getting to meet and exceed your own expectations.

Thanks for the heads up - PM sent to Paul.

I don't track it regularly either, but am planning to do some track days as time allows - bulk of driving will be around town / country stuff, so not wanting to go too aggressive on the pad.

Have had MRT sport, Carbon Lorraine and the PMU pads suggested so far - will be looking into it more now.

Thanks for the input gents

Daniel
--------------
Daniel

Enigma

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:19 am

shav wrote:I noticed my stock rotors are warped. This has happened on a few occasions where I have washed the car after I've driven it and gotten water on the rotors while they are hot still. If I get new rotors, I'll be making sure the car has cooled down prior to applying water to those areas. Sorry to go OT

Warped only because you drive it like you stole it!
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby shav » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:21 am

KiDo_Tuning wrote:
shav wrote:I noticed my stock rotors are warped. This has happened on a few occasions where I have washed the car after I've driven it and gotten water on the rotors while they are hot still. If I get new rotors, I'll be making sure the car has cooled down prior to applying water to those areas. Sorry to go OT

Warped only because you drive it like you stole it!

shhh Matt. :mrgreen:
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Enigma » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:59 pm

Well it's been a while since I've updated this - a bit has happened of late with my wagon.

Recently went on another trip to Melbourne - fuel economy on the highway is better after the headers and retune to suit, happy days. Still not what you'd call efficient, but that noise though!

Installed HKS180 HID upgrade bulbs + matching parkers, Silvervision indicator bulbs and yellow fog wrap before the trip, as well as my new plates

One of these things is not like the other...

After getting home and having a bit of time off work, Brembos as previously mentioned have finally been fitted too!
Please excuse the blurry photos but they have been painted a dark metallic grey, with white stickers. DBA 4000 T3 rotors, STi lines, EBC brake fluid - feels much nicer! Have put a set of fresh OEM pads I had lying around in for now, will replace with aftermarket pad once I've decided which way to go.

Otherwise just neatening things up here and there - had the front bumper resprayed after the previous owner had scratched it up quite badly. Also had some F+R spats painted at the same time - they will go on shortly too.

Thanks
Daniel
--------------
Daniel

Enigma

Postby shav » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:03 pm

Those Brembo's look mint!
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Re: Member profile - Enigma (SA)- Spec B H6, now with Brembo

Postby ferret89 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:41 pm

I'm jelly of your brembos
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI