Enigma (SA)- Spec B H6 wagon, now with Raptor & Brembo etc!

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Enigma (SA)- Spec B H6 wagon, now with Raptor & Brembo etc!

Postby Enigma » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:16 am

Hi all,

Have been on the forums with my last car a few years ago (07 GT-B sedan) - sold that when I received a company car. Missed having a Liberty though, and this was hard to pass up!

2008 (MY09) Spec B Liberty Wagon
- 3.0L H6
- 6 speed manual
- Newport Blue
- Factory sat nav

I bought the car recently with
- EcuTek remapped ECU by S+J Automotive
- Whiteline RSB

and have since:

- Custom exhaust system with stainless rear mufflers (Exhaust Technology here in SA)
- HKS panel filter
- Removed intake resonator
- Tein S-Tech springs
- Rota Gravel 18x8.5 +44 in shadow chrome
- Advan A048 235/45/18 tyres
- OEM "Honeycomb" grill
- Front lip
- OEM weathershields
- Yellow fog lights

I'm quite happy with how the car is now, sounds great and goes well. With time I'll neaten up the paintwork etc, and add a few more touches - would love some BBS LMs and some sort of headers one day too.

Just got back from a holiday to Melbourne returning via the GOR and the car was faultless!

I look forward to catching up for some meets etc.

Thanks
Daniel
Last edited by Enigma on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
--------------
Daniel
2008 Spec B H6 6MT wagon - 148awkw

Tein S-Techs, 18x8.5 Gravels, Raptor headers with full custom stainless exhaust, EcuTek remap, HKS panel filter, front lip, honeycomb grille + more
http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25863
Enigma

Car: MY09 3.0 Spec B wagon 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25863

Re: Member profile - Enigma (SA) - Spec B wagon H6 6MT

Postby sbv » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:13 am

Very nice list of mods mate. Would love to see this in person some day!

Also had a GTB sedan a few years back but wagons trump.
sbv

Car: E85 GTB Outback

Postby RX25SE » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:14 pm

Nice ride.

Looks you went to Arthurs Seat and stopped at Dadswells bridge!!
RX25SE

Car: MY07 30RB 6sp Wag

Postby shav » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:27 pm

The car looks awesome with those rota gravels Daniel. The stance is killer too. Tell me, with that offset, do you get any scraping?
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby Enigma » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:38 pm

shav wrote:The car looks awesome with those rota gravels Daniel. The stance is killer too. Tell me, with that offset, do you get any scraping?

Thank you very much Shav!

Minor rubbing in the rear when fully loaded and with a full tank (a weeks shopping with my girlfriend in Melbourne haha!) over bumps on the GOR otherwise it was pretty good given how low it is on the S techs. You have to roll the rear guards though - there's a small plastic lip on the side skirt or rear door area which is where it seemed to rub. My tyres didn't help though (235 width R comp semis)- a 225 or something with a less plump sidewall would probably be fine. Am going to Michelin PS3 when these are shot so we will see :)
--------------
Daniel

Tein S-Techs, 18x8.5 Gravels, Raptor headers with full custom stainless exhaust, EcuTek remap, HKS panel filter, front lip, honeycomb grille + more
Enigma

Postby Enigma » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:40 pm

RX25SE wrote:Nice ride.

Looks you went to Arthurs Seat and stopped at Dadswells bridge!!

Sure was - the Arthurs Seat road was great. Went to the car museum at the top of the hill - some nice roads for sure!
--------------
Daniel

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:44 pm

sbv wrote:Very nice list of mods mate. Would love to see this in person some day!

Also had a GTB sedan a few years back but wagons trump.

It sounds like you aren't far away mate so one day for sure.

My sedan was similar in mods but the noise of the flat 6 and in a manual wagon was what pulled me back in!

Not sure where to go next with performance - want to keep it NA so maybe headers and a retune... Not really sure what else is achievable
--------------
Daniel

Enigma

Postby shav » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:52 pm

Enigma wrote:
shav wrote:The car looks awesome with those rota gravels Daniel. The stance is killer too. Tell me, with that offset, do you get any scraping?

Minor rubbing in the rear when fully loaded and with a full tank (a weeks shopping with my girlfriend in Melbourne haha!) over bumps on the GOR otherwise it was pretty good given how low it is on the S techs. You have to roll the rear guards though - there's a small plastic lip on the side skirt or rear door area which is where it seemed to rub. My tyres didn't help though (235 width R comp semis)- a 225 or something with a less plump sidewall would probably be fine. Am going to Michelin PS3 when these are shot so we will see :)

Sounds good mate. Id be keen to know when you fit the 225s all round as it will be the difference between me getting an 8 or 8.5" rim if I went the Rota's. Scraping is something I want to avoid like the plague. I currently have 225s on the 7" Spec B rims and dont get me wrong I love those rims to death but they are just too skinny for handling and I notice it when pushing hard. The extra 1-1.5" of rim foot print would make a massive difference in handling as well as looks. I havent seen a better wheel on these cars other than stock Spec B's and the Rota's. Cant wait to see these in the flesh.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Enigma » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:01 pm

shav wrote:
Enigma wrote:

Sounds good mate. Id be keen to know when you fit the 225s all round as it will be the difference between me getting an 8 or 8.5" rim if I went the Rota's. Scraping is something I want to avoid like the plague. I currently have 225s on the 7" Spec B rims and dont get me wrong I love those rims to death but they are just too skinny for handling and I notice it when pushing hard. The extra 1-1.5" of rim foot print would make a massive difference in handling as well as looks. I havent seen a better wheel on these cars other than stock Spec B's and the Rota's. Cant wait to see these in the flesh.

I'm going to be staying with the 235 on the Michelin - I like the extra width and post guard roll the fit is pretty good. Where mine rubs I think would be different to the sedan - I will have a play when I get home and report

I agree on the fit and look of the wheels - in this width and offset I love them!
--------------
Daniel

Enigma

Postby sbv » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:05 pm

Enigma wrote:Not sure where to go next with performance - want to keep it NA so maybe headers and a retune... Not really sure what else is achievable

Yeah maybe get a retune from Matt (Kido). He's helping me out at the moment and also a mate of mine, who has a 3.0r (he'll hopefully be in Adelaide soon).

I've got a guard roller which you're welcome to use at any time.
sbv

Postby shav » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Enigma wrote:I'm going to be staying with the 235 on the Michelin - I like the extra width and post guard roll the fit is pretty good. Where mine rubs I think would be different to the sedan - I will have a play when I get home and report

I agree on the fit and look of the wheels - in this width and offset I love them!

Ok cool. I may just opt for the 8" versions instead. Not sure I like the thought of guard rolling to be honest. Thats not to say a neat job cant be done. Just not bothered mainly. A 225 would sit pretty sweet on a 8" anyways. That said, until I see yours in the flesh I will reserve my thoughts. :D

Looking forward on updates.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby sbv » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:38 pm

We're talking guard rolling here not guard flaring. Rolling the lip inside the guard is a completely harmless way of giving your tires more space - not changing the shape of the guards in any way. Providing you're slow and careful and the paint is not old and brittle of course.
sbv

Postby shav » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:44 pm

sbv wrote:We're talking guard rolling here not guard flaring. Rolling the lip inside the guard is a completely harmless way of giving your tires more space - not changing the shape of the guards in any way. Providing you're slow and careful and the paint is not old and brittle of course.

Thanks Josh. Ive never done it before myself. I always had professional guys do mine in the past. I realize the additional clearance is worthy to avoid scrubbing. Just wasnt sure how much difference it would make going 8.5" rims, rolled guards and 225's.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Enigma » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:00 pm

shav wrote:
sbv wrote:We're talking guard rolling here not guard flaring. Rolling the lip inside the guard is a completely harmless way of giving your tires more space - not changing the shape of the guards in any way. Providing you're slow and careful and the paint is not old and brittle of course.

Thanks Josh. Ive never done it before myself. I always had professional guys do mine in the past. I realize the additional clearance is worthy to avoid scrubbing. Just wasnt sure how much difference it would make going 8.5" rims, rolled guards and 225's.

Thanks gents - spot on. The day we put the Gravels on I must admit it rubbed like crazy driving home - driving up Grand Junction Road towards Hope Valley (for those SA players) it was constantly rubbing over the bumps. Got home and my mate came over with a guard roller and heat gun and rolled them straight away - the guards came out perfect, and I'm pretty fussy! Just folded the metal lip up inside the guard, no modification to how the look. After that went straight back out and no rubbing at all for city driving.

I'd say just roll the rears and run 235s - the extra grip and the look is worth rolling the guards IMO. 8)
--------------
Daniel

Enigma

Postby shav » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:28 pm

Enigma wrote:
shav wrote:

Thanks gents - spot on. The day we put the Gravels on I must admit it rubbed like crazy driving home - driving up Grand Junction Road towards Hope Valley (for those SA players) it was constantly rubbing over the bumps. Got home and my mate came over with a guard roller and heat gun and rolled them straight away - the guards came out perfect, and I'm pretty fussy! Just folded the metal lip up inside the guard, no modification to how the look. After that went straight back out and no rubbing at all for city driving.

I'd say just roll the rears and run 235s - the extra grip and the look is worth rolling the guards IMO. 8)

I wanna see it in person. I have no doubt it looks sexual. But yeah we need to catch up for a cruise or something so I can check it out. :)

That said, I carry a full car load on occasions. Still running stock ride height/shock/springs. I would hate to hear ANY sort of scraping under load. Im too old for that crap. haha
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Next

Return to Post your mods