Member profile: Knockoutgiant

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Member profile: Knockoutgiant

Postby knockoutgiant » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:15 pm

Hey guys,so I purchased my legacy roughly 8 months ago and I'm loving it! I went from a 96 Twin turbo GTO (Loved that car!) to a Type R DC5 (Wasn't really my cup of tea) and now the legacy! My fav was the GTO but only because they've been my favourite since I was a kid (Damn gran turismo games :P) but the Legacy by definitely the "Best'. Anyways, It's a 2003 BL5 (Revision A) and a JDM model meaning it has the EJ20 and not the EJ25 (Lil disappointed about that but ohwell), it's done roughly 135xxxkms and runs like a dream!

Since buying it I've mainly done maintenance to the car, I've replace the engine oil and filter (needs replacing again actually), replaced the gearbox and rear diff oils, all new pads + rotors etc etc

As for actual mods, I've got some STI genome exhausts (Unfortunately they're for a BP5 so stick out a bit but will change them as soon as I can find a BL set) it's also on some Prova lowering springs and 18x7.5 +48 Rays sportec wheels which are pretty curbed up :/ I've also installed a bluetooth anycar link unit so I can utilize the stock headunit and play music though my phone. Apart from that it's all stock, for now :P I've got a fair bit of equipment on the way that I'm pretty excited about (some of which is already here actually :wink: )

I've also taken it for a wheel alignment and a dyno inspection run (without the STI genomes) and it pulled a pretty healthy 152kw atw.

Anyway, no more delays, heres the car!

Last edited by knockoutgiant on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
knockoutgiant

Car: Legacy

Re: Member profile: Kncokoutgiant

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:50 pm

Great to see some sportecs at last. :mrgreen:

The genomes look NUTS :good:
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby dr20t » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:26 pm

Mate that is superb

Do not EVER regret the fact that you have an ej20y over a 255 !

Nice car treat it well

Mick
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Postby knockoutgiant » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:43 am

dr20t wrote:Mate that is superb

Do not EVER regret the fact that you have an ej20y over a 255 !

Nice car treat it well

Mick

You make it sound like theres a problem with the 255?! :P

And depends on how you define "well" It's already been on the track as you can see... :lol:

bigBADbenny wrote:Great to see some sportecs at last. :mrgreen:

The genomes look NUTS :good:

Actually, I'm not presonally too keen on the sportecs to be honest, not in this condition anyway,as you can see they're rather curbed and well... I think I need more wide :mrgreen:

I've also checked out a few of your guys builds and they're all so nice! Makes me feel like I don't have enough money to be part of this club :lol:

Thanks for the comments though guys! :D
knockoutgiant

Postby kiahatsiu » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:30 am

Ej20x/y is a tough engine. Mine made 290kw at wheels and ran at mid 280s for ages. It ended up stretching a rod bolt, which was more likely due to the high revving nature rather than the amount of boost it was ingesting. That was a stock high Km engine too. Dr20t made 260kw ish through an auto with one. The 2.0 has better heads, with dual AVCS, they aren't prone to lifting heads or damaging ringlands like the 255/257 twins are. I could go on.
Very nice car you have there. There is a fair bit of information on this forum about what works and doesn't work on 2.0s. You will just need to find it/ask the right questions.
Kinda flush. Fitment is something. ADM as F*ck.
kiahatsiu

Car: Silver 05 GT Wagon

Postby Corsair » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:21 am

JDM front ends look so good. :cool: Especially with the spats/strakes to finish them off.
I got this plan. It's called 'Save Ass'. And the way it works is this - I slip outta one of these windows and I run like a bastard!
Corsair
-stickered-

Car: MY09 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15709

Re: Member profile: Knockoutgiant

Postby knockoutgiant » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:10 am

I got bored waiting for all my parts to arrive so I decided to just put on the ones I have sitting at home :lol: I put on a STI style lip and this carbon beauty :D

And heres a few pics of them all installed:

Last edited by knockoutgiant on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
knockoutgiant

Postby SegR » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:10 am

Thought 'kn cok out giant' might have been a cleverly. Intentionally misspelled name but it's just the subject line.

Nice car. Carbon wrap mirrors and spoiler?

P.s. I dub thee "cock out giant"
Team Beards
Beards Don't Kill People, People With Beards Kill People.
SegR

Car: MY05 3.0R sedan, black
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14605

Postby knockoutgiant » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:32 am

SegR wrote:Thought 'kn cok out giant' might have been a cleverly. Intentionally misspelled name but it's just the subject line.

Nice car. Carbon wrap mirrors and spoiler?

P.s. I dub thee "cock out giant"

Ahhh damn! I was hoping no-one would notice that :lol: The joys of not proof reading eh?

I haven't actually though about the spoiler or mirrors yet, but carbon wrapping's not really my thing, might have to have a look around to see what I can sort out 8) Bought a zerosports carbon grill but they sent me the one for a non spec B bumper :angry2: So now I have to try and sell that so I can buy a spec b grill -_-

Also still waiting on my wheels, apparently they've been sent but I'm not holding my breath, I just wish they'd arrive already :cry:
knockoutgiant

Postby blacktop™ » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:39 am

You can edit the title of the thread by editing your first post :wink:

Your car looks like it's progressing nicely!
blacktop™

Car: MY07 GT spec.B wagon 6MT

Postby knockoutgiant » Thu May 29, 2014 7:48 am

So it's been a rather long time since an update! Mostly because I've been waiting for parts to arrive but now everything's arrived and I got everything fitted up a little while ago as some of you may have seen on the facebook page! So I'll stop talking and get into some pics :P

First up the "Correct" carbon fiber zerosports grill!

A Cyber R carbon fiber hood scoop to go on aswell :P

Next up some braided brake lines!

And well... Because if you're gonna go fast you need to stop fast aswell ;) Some version 7 STI Brembo's, courtesy of gotasuby!

My new genuine 18x8.5 +46 Work Emotion XT7's in MHG (Bronze) along with Work Emotion wheel caps and blue valve steams

And to finish it all off (Because it's all about the details right?) A set of 7 sided Blox Titanium wheel nuts :D

And the finished product of course!

Now I'm going to pay someone then I'll be saving for more mods! Next to come will be interior/drivetrain, nothing too serious just a few little touch up bits here and there.

As you guys may have notice I do quite like my trackdays, mostly just been to manfield (a track in NZ) on which I done a 1:31.4 with the car basically stock (catback exhaust and prova springs), on that day I figured i wasn't so keen on relying on those stock brakes to haul me down multiple times hence the reason I went with the brembo's and braided lines. Along with that I figured the tyres wern't doing too well so I got a set of brand new Falken FK452's (225/40/18) for the work wheels. With both of those on, the prova springs and STI Genome axle back exhausts I got the time down to 1:29.4 which I'm happy with!

Just bought a set of seat rails so I'll be putting in the drivers side Evo 7 recaro sometime this weekend hopefully :D
knockoutgiant

Postby jslayz » Thu May 29, 2014 9:36 am

Really nice!!
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby shav » Thu May 29, 2014 1:25 pm

Great looking car mate. Well done
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby knockoutgiant » Fri May 30, 2014 3:39 pm

Thanks guys!

Another small update, I got a pair of seat brackets today and stole my brothers Recaro he had floating around :lol: I'm going to get another one for the passenger but that's not a priority at this point.

knockoutgiant

Postby alexeiwoody » Fri May 30, 2014 10:49 pm

That looks fantastic! Wheels + brembos + colour combination = really like :good: :ok:
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Next

Return to Post your mods