Member Profile - chris12

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - chris12

Postby THE SpecB » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:38 pm

chris12 wrote:
THE SpecB wrote:Nice sounding. Did they have to blend in to pillars etc when roof re sprayed ?

Yes they did. Wasn't the full, take windows out and respray kind of job. Was a tape around the windows job.

It's turned out really good actually. I'm very happy with the result, can't tell that it's been done at all which is a relief.

Here's a photo:

Looks great mind asking the damage Chris ? My blue is going bad the clear on roof
Newport Blueeeee
THE SpecB

Car: Newport Blue SpecB GT

Postby chris12 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:02 pm

I sold my Liberty around about a month ago. It was sad to see it go, but I'd already bought a new car in November, so it was also good to free up some space in the driveway.

I'll still keep an eye on the forums and Facebook, as it's a great community and I still love the Liberty.

Here's my new car!

chris12

Car: VW Golf GTI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24279

Postby jaydece » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:31 am

Congrats! Welcome to the VAG cheating scandal family :P
~JUSZTN~

** Our Turbo Lag Gives Those v8's A Chance **

History - MY07 Liberty TBSTI 6SPD Sedan
265kw atw on P100
290kw atw on E85 (fuel pump limited)

Past - MY16 Audi S3 Sedan
249kw atw on P98 (APR stage 1)

Present - MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan (His)
384kw atw on E85 (APR stage 2)

Present - MY17 VW Tiguan 162 R line (Hers)
jaydece

Car: MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan 7 SPD DSG
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11864

Postby chris12 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:00 am

jaydece wrote:Congrats! Welcome to the VAG cheating scandal family :P

Thank you, thank you!

Jealous of your S3 and your R-Line Tiguan too. S3 is one of my favourite cars!

What's the Tiguan like with the 162kw?
chris12

Postby jaydece » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:52 pm

chris12 wrote:

Thank you, thank you!

Tiguan R: Bloody awesome.....Basically GTI with AWD (handles well for an SUV car, practical, roomy, all the latest tech which is nice, no complaints so far...)

Yeah loving the S3.....just came back from a golf road trip from melb to albury and back (toke back roads to get there)....bloody great all round car!...

I do miss my liberty though....Miss the raw power delivery and love hate relationship I had with it.. :lol: :mrgreen:

I love the shape of your GTI...still looks good after all these years, especially with the Detroit mag wheels...

Enjoy it! Manual? or DSG?
~JUSZTN~

265kw atw on P100

jaydece

Postby chris12 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:56 pm

jaydece wrote:
chris12 wrote:

Thank you, thank you!

Tiguan R: Bloody awesome.....Basically GTI with AWD (handles well for an SUV car, practical, roomy, all the latest tech which is nice, no complaints so far...)

Yeah loving the S3.....just came back from a golf road trip from melb to albury and back (toke back roads to get there)....bloody great all round car!...

I do miss my liberty though....Miss the raw power delivery and love hate relationship I had with it.. :lol: :mrgreen:

I love the shape of your GTI...still looks good after all these years, especially with the Detroit mag wheels...

Awesome! My parents were thinking of an Alltrack Golf, but I thought it was particularly sluggy feeling low down. I'm thinking that that's the 1.8T & AWD combo bogging it down a bit. Still a very nice car, though.

I watched a review on the Tiguan and it looks really good. They compared it to a GTI w/ AWD too, but said it felt a bit more luxurious like a Golf R.

I miss my Liberty mainly because for a car that age, it still looked very nice inside. I miss the AWD the most, especially with the rain we've had lately. I'm a bit unsure in a FWD car with the wet, but I'll get used to it as time goes.

Thanks! Mine is an MY12.5 IIRC so it's towards the end of the MK6. Mine has Detriot 17''s (not 18's) and the drivers assist pack with the auto park. I did want leather but the tartin seats are EXTREMELY comfortable anyway, so I'm a happy chap. Would have liked Bi-Xenons, sunroof, etc but couldn't be too picky. Mine only had 25,000km on it so it's like new.

I was well and truely after a manual as I'd never owned one before. I almost bought a Focus ST / Megane RS, but they both had flaws I wasn't happy with. Wanted to drive a GTI manual but could only find one in my price range. Ended up driving a DSG for the hell of it, to see if it was worth waiting around for the manual, but was converted straight away. The DSG is amazing.
chris12

Postby jaydece » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:07 pm

chris12 wrote:
jaydece wrote:
chris12 wrote:Thank you, thank you!

Awesome! My parents were thinking of an Alltrack Golf, but I thought it was particularly sluggy feeling low down. I'm thinking that that's the 1.8T & AWD combo bogging it down a bit. Still a very nice car, though.

I watched a review on the Tiguan and it looks really good. They compared it to a GTI w/ AWD too, but said it felt a bit more luxurious like a Golf R.

I miss my Liberty mainly because for a car that age, it still looked very nice inside. I miss the AWD the most, especially with the rain we've had lately. I'm a bit unsure in a FWD car with the wet, but I'll get used to it as time goes.

Thanks! Mine is an MY12.5 IIRC so it's towards the end of the MK6. Mine has Detriot 17''s (not 18's) and the drivers assist pack with the auto park. I did want leather but the tartin seats are EXTREMELY comfortable anyway, so I'm a happy chap. Would have liked Bi-Xenons, sunroof, etc but couldn't be too picky. Mine only had 25,000km on it so it's like new.

I was well and truely after a manual as I'd never owned one before. I almost bought a Focus ST / Megane RS, but they both had flaws I wasn't happy with. Wanted to drive a GTI manual but could only find one in my price range. Ended up driving a DSG for the hell of it, to see if it was worth waiting around for the manual, but was converted straight away. The DSG is amazing.

A simple flash tune will fix the Golf ALLtrack :lol: :mrgreen:

Cool! Yeah we were spoilt with our lib's.....I'm still bias towards GEN4.....AAA+++ in my opinion...

I think you made the right choice with the GTI, heaps and heaps of support, aftermarket, parts, tunes etc...

With the FWD (traction issue) i'm sure you can modify and code the way (via vag com cable/software) the traction and power is sent to the wheels? This greatly improves corner handling and power distrubtion to the road...It wont be like AWD, but should help the single spinning slip affect....

Enjoy and might see you around! 8)
~JUSZTN~

265kw atw on P100

jaydece

Previous

Return to Post your mods