Member profile - Linc's GenV Wagon thread

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member profile - Linc's GenV Wagon thread

Postby concon27 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:21 pm

Hey man hows it going. Just in process of buying a gen v white liberty wagon gt in a manual. Its a 2009 my10 got 100k on it but I should be able to get it for 27k. Its stock but want to get a good tune and exhaust to start. I have a 2012 black wrx manual with x force exhausts which makes it sound tidy as. So thinking of getting the same for the wagon. How's the 6 speed gear box feel .
concon27

Car: my10 gen v white liberty gt wagon

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:09 am

concon27 wrote:Hey man hows it going. Just in process of buying a gen v white liberty wagon gt in a manual. Its a 2009 my10 got 100k on it but I should be able to get it for 27k. Its stock but want to get a good tune and exhaust to start. I have a 2012 black wrx manual with x force exhausts which makes it sound tidy as. So thinking of getting the same for the wagon. How's the 6 speed gear box feel .

Hi Mate -

The 6 speed feels a little vague at times, as it is a cable shifting design.
It can easily be improved with the cheap purchase of shifting bushes, something I might tackle this weekend.
The wagons are hard to find in manual too, well done!
Team White GenV GT Manual Wagon with fluffy dice

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22731
lump_a_charcoal

Car: 2013 Land Rover Defender 110

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Another update from Ballbag Garage.

In preparation for my KiDo tune next week, I installed the Invidia downpipe today.

I can confirm that the US model does fit, and that the subframe does NOT need to be removed to do it.

First, do this.

Then, remove all this stuff.

The coolant had to be drained, so I could remove the bottom water inlet to reach the top front exhaust stud, but once I did that, it all came off easily.
TIP - buy new exhaust nuts!

The old -

The new!

Took about 4 hours to do, but a good part of that was me dicking around trying to undo the top front nut without draining the coolant.
Also, it helps to have some help, luckily I did.

Be super careful with the sensors, give them a good soak with a penetration fluid, and re-apply it as you remove them. I partially buggered one thread, but luckily I was able to repair it.

Also installed a Summit rear strut tower brace, but I forgot pics - will post them up later.

Really easy install, and I have all my bootspace, unlike the Cusco one which is above the boot floor.

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
lump_a_charcoal

Postby satogixxer » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:11 pm

Love your work, nice job mate! Bet you can't wait for the KiDo tune now. :wink:
[Liberty GT MY10 6MT]: STI bits | STI Brembo's + Dixcel | DAMD D-shape | Cusco coilovers & sways | HKS LA clutch | BLITZ pod | Plazmaman FMIC | Deshele built EJ25 | Emtron ECU | BorgWarner EFR 7670 | 369kw atw
[Outback 3R MY04]: Stock as a rock
Profile video here
satogixxer

Car: '10 Liberty GT 6MT + '04 Outback 3R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20495

Postby Andy77 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:28 pm

I think you should burn it!!!!!
Andy77

Car: 2013 WRX S Edition

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:28 pm

satogixxer wrote:Love your work, nice job mate! Bet you can't wait for the KiDo tune now. :wink:

Bloody oath! Not being able to fiddle the Si knob until then will kill me!

lump_a_charcoal

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:29 pm

Andy77 wrote:I think you should burn it!!!!!

You just don't want to lose to a Liberty!

Seriously, I would have been fooked without your help today Ballie.

lump_a_charcoal

Postby jmpin » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:58 pm

That's excellent that you gave those steps out and that you can confirm it all fits. Makes me really wonder what the fu#k all these mobs are on about when they tell you everything out of the USA will not fit... It's their job to know there is a difference between gen 4 and gen 5's a Big difference.
Cheers
jmpin

Car: MY10 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:37 am

jmpin wrote:That's excellent that you gave those steps out and that you can confirm it all fits. Makes me really wonder what the fu#k all these mobs are on about when they tell you everything out of the USA will not fit... It's their job to know there is a difference between gen 4 and gen 5's a Big difference.
Cheers

There are subtle differences in a lot of models that I wouldn't expect every person to know about, but it is frustrating when you just get told NO!

lump_a_charcoal

Postby Gen5is » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:11 am

Nice write up! What kinda socket did you use to tighten the nuts? Man.. i can't find a deep socket to get into the strut plate hole :(
Gen5is

Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:49 am

Gen5is wrote:Nice write up! What kinda socket did you use to tighten the nuts? Man.. i can't find a deep socket to get into the strut plate hole :(

I have a set of long series sockets, which fit in there nicely. Each socket is about 100mm long, and taper down quite a lot.
Mine are Sidchrome, but any reputable brand will do.

Where are you located? If you are local, drop in!

lump_a_charcoal

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:17 am

These are the Sidchrome long series sockets, which fit easily. I only just noticed that I have two 11mm sockets and no 13mm :? NFI how that happened!

Anyhoo, here is the brace.
As you can see, it fits under the floor almost flush - the board is raised a few mm, but it is near on flush.

The foam underneath had to be cut as well, about the last 50mm was cut off on the front end.

Winder still fits!

lump_a_charcoal

Postby Gen5is » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:16 pm

Can you see if there's part numbers on those sockets? I may have found a set on ebay :D I think i'll buy a set, im a bit far from Cranebrook haha thanks for the offer though and i do need to start my own collection of tools instead of bothering my mate for some :lol:

edit: Nevermind, i saw the numbers on the pics you took, and they matched up with the ones on ebay. Time to get mine on!! :D
Gen5is

Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Postby jmpin » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:36 pm

Your AVO top mount intercooler is common for new forrester as well as Liberty isn't it... wonder if the process west forrester TMIC would also fit... http://www.processwest.com.au/products/subaru/09-12-forester/top-mount-intercooler

think the end tanks are different and BOV plate... sorry
jmpin

Car: MY10 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:42 pm

jmpin wrote:Your AVO top mount intercooler is common for new forrester as well as Liberty isn't it... wonder if the process west forrester TMIC would also fit... http://www.processwest.com.au/products/subaru/09-12-forester/top-mount-intercooler

think the end tanks are different and BOV plate... sorry

Not on the GenV it wont fit. Different turbo side tank for AVO which is a specific kit.
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods