Member profile - Linc's GenV Wagon thread

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member profile - Linc's GenV Wagon thread

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:31 pm

jmpin wrote:That's excellent that you gave those steps out and that you can confirm it all fits. Makes me really wonder what the fu#k all these mobs are on about when they tell you everything out of the USA will not fit... It's their job to know there is a difference between gen 4 and gen 5's a Big difference.
Cheers

Thankfully, Subaru saw the light and put the turbo where it belongs and the DP looks awesome! So easy to fit with their flanges and the welds are just amazing work!
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:52 am

KiDo_Tuning wrote:
jmpin wrote:That's excellent that you gave those steps out and that you can confirm it all fits. Makes me really wonder what the fu#k all these mobs are on about when they tell you everything out of the USA will not fit... It's their job to know there is a difference between gen 4 and gen 5's a Big difference.
Cheers

Thankfully, Subaru saw the light and put the turbo where it belongs and the DP looks awesome! So easy to fit with their flanges and the welds are just amazing work!

I am really impressed with the quality to be honest. The welds, the finish, even the muffler tips - all built with quality in mind.

And the sound is just tits! 8)

For those that are interested, the part numbers are:

HS10SL1GT3-Invidia Q300 SS Tips 2010-2013 Subaru Legacy

HS10SL1DPC-Invidia Downpipe Subaru Legacy

I bought mine from LSD Motorsport in the US, who were super easy to deal with.
Team White GenV GT Manual Wagon with fluffy dice

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22731
lump_a_charcoal

Car: 2013 Land Rover Defender 110

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Latest update -

Got Matt to tune the wagon last night, and I am very happy with the result.
As well as getting rid of some annoyances (rough idle, reverse rev cut, etc), he made the car come alive.
He estimated it to be about 200kWATW, which is a huge improvement over stock.

The engine is able to breathe a lot better due to the filter, TMIC and exhaust, but the power and torque coming from it now is bloody unreal!

Best mod yet, without a doubt. :D

Find Matt here: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=16602
Last edited by lump_a_charcoal on Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
lump_a_charcoal

Postby Gen5is » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:43 pm

Nice! Not so family wagon now is it? haha

I really want a GT now :(

or maybe an supercharged H6? :D
Gen5is

Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Postby hks180 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:06 pm

Nice work Linc !!
[TEAM FUNERAL]
HID & LED >> CLICK HERE
hks180

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Mon May 19, 2014 7:28 pm

Update -

Got G88 to install the front swaybar last week, as well as upgraded LCA bushes.

Steering feels way tighter, and I can feel exactly when understeer is going to happen now, rather than just having a vague notion before.

Also got the ride lowered and levelled, and a wheel alignment.

Looks and feels great, aside from the shittty job that ************* did on my rims - they were machined and plugged which is fine when done right, but these weren't done right at all.
They would loosen off, and ended up destroying 10 wheel studs in 6 months!

So it is back to stockers for a while until they sort out my rims, or replace them. :evil:

lump_a_charcoal

Postby Gen5is » Mon May 19, 2014 8:41 pm

lump_a_charcoal wrote:Update -

Got G88 to install the front swaybar last week, as well as upgraded LCA bushes.

Steering feels way tighter, and I can feel exactly when understeer is going to happen now, rather than just having a vague notion before.

Also got the ride lowered and levelled, and a wheel alignment.

Looks and feels great, aside from the shittty job that ************* did on my rims - they were machined and plugged which is fine when done right, but these weren't done right at all.
They would loosen off, and ended up destroying 10 wheel studs in 6 months!

So it is back to stockers for a while until they sort out my rims, or replace them. :evil:

Niceeeeee, i want to get my front sway bar installed too, now that you've said that haha..

New rims! New rims! New rims! New rims!

Don't get the same, ask for you money back.. i'd say, if they can't get them right the first time, don't give them the chance to stuff it up again.. especially if you're life is at risk!!!
Gen5is

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Thu May 29, 2014 8:22 pm

So I got my rims back - turns out that the inserts they used last time were not good enough, and they have now been replaced.
I will monitor them closely, but if I have any more dramas, they are being refunded.

Anyway, I got the Valenti centre tail light installed tonight - prick of a job! The light part was fine, but removing the wing, and then the double sided tape was uber painful!
But, it's done now and looks great. I think I need to tint my lower reflector lights now, as they are too red.

Only two more uninstalled items left now - some HD exhaust hangers, and the other item is secret... 8)

lump_a_charcoal

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:25 pm

OK, more of a positive update this time!

So last time, I had dodgy inserts, which were failing.
I took the SSWs back, and they refitted a new type of insert and gave me the wheels back, but they were worse.
I had 10 nuts loosen (some a full turn) in 2 days!

Needless to say I was not impressed, so told Pete to replace or refund, which he agreed to.

So, I looked at a bunch of rims, and eventually settled on the Stance SC-7 in black - They are more of a Euro style, and I actually prefer them over my previous ones now.

Some quick pics, excuse the dirty vino-wagon...

Also installed the Valenti centre brake light, but forgot pics. :( They can wait until it's clean!

Still have one mystery item to install also!

lump_a_charcoal

Postby Omega5 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:26 pm

Rims look sweet! What are the specs?
Omega5

Car: MY12 GT Wagon

Postby nytrojen » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:33 pm

Those wheels suit the car perfectly. I'm a big fan of black highlights on white cars :D Your car's looking tough as!
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby hks180 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:48 am

Love the new wheels Linc !!!
[TEAM FUNERAL]
HID & LED >> CLICK HERE
hks180

Postby Gen5is » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:34 pm

Nice wheels Linc! I prefer them also over your old ones. Lower it some more!!!!
Gen5is

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:20 pm

Thanks guys, I love 'em too!

I think I will have to drop her a bit more though...

lump_a_charcoal

Postby 04XTC » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:07 pm

I likey, great job doing it your self. 6 spd sounds nice. New wheels look better IMO. Top stuff.
04XTC

Car: MY05 Gen4 LGT Prem Pack WGN STI mock

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods