Member profile - Linc's GenV Wagon thread

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member profile - Linc's GenV Wagon thread

Postby bobchuk » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:05 pm

What do you guys think about debadging the rear end? My only concern is getting them back on perfectly when the novelty has worn off in a couple of years.
TEAM WHITE MY10 GT Wagon
19x8" Avanti Konig Swerve Alloys, Falken FK452 245 Section Tyres, STi Front Spoiler, STi Rear Spoiler, STi Springs, STi Suspension, STi Front Sway Bar, Front Speaker Upgrade, SAT NAV Hack, Xforce Exhaust
bobchuk

Car: MY10 GT Wagon [ex MY05 3.0L Outback]

Postby jmpin » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:15 pm

If you buy proper genuine Subaru badges they come with templates so you would find it difficult to screw up.
jmpin

Car: MY10 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:21 pm

Yeah refitting them is easy to do.
Team White GenV GT Manual Wagon with fluffy dice

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22731
lump_a_charcoal

Car: 2013 Land Rover Defender 110

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:23 pm

OK, Monday mod update :)

Yesterday Leo fitted my new lights - thanks mate!

I went for a single CF halo, as well as a painted high beam reflector and other globe upgrades (parkers, low beam, driving lights and number plate).

Just need to replace the front indicator with some chrome globes and they will be done.

Find Leo here!

viewforum.php?f=42

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
lump_a_charcoal

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:31 pm

bobchuk wrote:Hi all.
I thought I'd say hello considering I've read this thread front to back. It's great to see a stock car transform and I must admit that I'm a big fan of white GT wagons with a bit of subtle blacking-out. See attached pic of my car - I bought it in its current state about two months ago from a forum member (indirectly) who traded it to a Subaru dealer in SA. I am keen to do a few more things to it (in good time after I really get to know it) and am watching this space and this forum for inspiration.

Wow how did I miss this?

Hi, welcome, and you have a great looking wagon as well!

Got any concrete plans?

lump_a_charcoal

Postby bobchuk » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:28 pm

lump_a_charcoal wrote:Wow how did I miss this?
Hi, welcome, and you have a great looking wagon as well!
Got any concrete plans?

Hey no worries mr lump-a-carcoal. I was unsure if I should be posting about my car in the first place so thanks for the replying.

Re. plans for my car...no concrete plans because the previous owner has done most of the hard work in making it look neat and tidy so I'm happy for now - I'll just watch to see how yours comes along! My short term plan is really just to learn how to maintain it well (i've never owned a turbo before). I'm also keen to black-out the silver bar on the rear door and the maybe remove the rear badges (or black them out too). As well I like the idea of smoked tail lights. I am also wondering how I can soften the ride for my wife over the next four months while she's pregnant. I also want to drive it fast around a track to see how it really goes!
TEAM WHITE MY10 GT Wagon
19x8" Avanti Konig Swerve Alloys, Falken FK452 245 Section Tyres, STi Front Spoiler, STi Rear Spoiler, STi Springs, STi Suspension, STi Front Sway Bar, Front Speaker Upgrade, SAT NAV Hack, Xforce Exhaust
bobchuk

Car: MY10 GT Wagon [ex MY05 3.0L Outback]

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:19 pm

So today I installed some more goodies.

FIrstly I replaced the back half of the exhaust with an Invidia Q300 system.

Didn't get any other pics, as it started to rain.

Unfortunately it doesn't fit with my nice brand-used apron, so it had to come off. I need to work out what to do about the tow bar hole, or work out how to modify the apron to fit...

But, it sounds fantastic - nice and mellow idling and cruising, but it has a nice rasp when pedal mashing, as well as a good burble.

Also replaced the stock rear swaybar with a Cusco one while I was under there.

Cannot tell if there is any difference yet (still raining), but I'm sure it will make a difference.

I bought a downpipe at the same time as the rest of it, so once I can co-ordinate with KidoMatt, I'll get it installed along with a front sway bar and a sweet tuuune. :D

lump_a_charcoal

Postby jmpin » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Did you get it on eBay?
jmpin

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:59 pm

No, got it from LSD motorsports in the US.

lump_a_charcoal

Postby Gen5is » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:20 am

lump_a_charcoal wrote:No, got it from LSD motorsports in the US.

How much did you pay for just the exhaust & postage and the part number? PM me!
Gen5is

Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Today I installed a new TMIC.

It was a PITA to get the new throttle body hose on at first, but aside from that, it was a pretty easy install, and I only cut myself twice!
Last edited by lump_a_charcoal on Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lump_a_charcoal

Postby jmpin » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Every time I look at your profile I get sad... I'd you get the top mount from LSD as well? How much thicker is it that the stocker
jmpin

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:51 pm

jmpin wrote:Every time I look at your profile I get sad... I'd you get the top mount from LSD as well? How much thicker is it that the stocker

Ha ha don't get sad, get even! :twisted:

I got it from AVO Melbourne.

You know, I forgot to compare it to the original, but I will measure it tomorrow. I was in a hurry to finish installing it, because a big storm dumped on me.

lump_a_charcoal

Postby Gen5is » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:17 am

At least you guys have turbos to fit top mount intercoolers.. :cry:
Gen5is

Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:59 pm

Gen5is wrote:At least you guys have turbos to fit top mount intercoolers.. :cry:

I only just noticed that yours is N/A! :lol:

lump_a_charcoal

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods