Member profile - Linc's GenV Wagon thread

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member profile - Linc's GenV Wagon thread

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:00 pm

I will do so pretty soon I think.

Are the sway bars hard to install on these? Do any subframes need to be removed or anything?
Team White GenV GT Manual Wagon with fluffy dice

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22731
lump_a_charcoal

Car: 2013 Land Rover Defender 110

Postby SYM » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:31 pm

lump_a_charcoal wrote:I will do so pretty soon I think.

Are the sway bars hard to install on these? Do any subframes need to be removed or anything?

Rear swaybar is pretty easy (even easier on hoist)

Front swaybar is the one that is a big job, needing to drop the sub frame. if you were going to do the front swybar, you might as well do the dump pipe as well
[ MY10 Liberty GT Wagon ] : Powered by HKS | STi | KiDo | Cusco | Valenti | Crystal Eye | F&R Brembo BBK, cruisn style :mrgreen:

Pics | Jack Moss' awesome Prototype photography of the GT | MY10 LGT early days, and Most Recent pics
Vids | SYM Member Profile video | Our slick club.lib #bandbacktogether video plus Various other club.liberty vid compilations
SYM
-stickered-

Car: MY10 LGT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17124

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:52 pm

I have received permission from the Minister of Finance and Aggravation for the next mod...

:?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :wink:

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
lump_a_charcoal

Postby jmpin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:47 pm

lump_a_charcoal wrote:Just Jap at Kirrawee - well technically, I got them from my front door.
I ordered them over the phone, and they arrived a week later. They had most in stock, but not mine.

how many inches do you think it dropped?
looks so much tuff-er just lowered...
jmpin

Car: MY10 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:26 pm

I think about 1 1/4", but I am not really sure to be honest.

You are right, it makes it look instantly better.

lump_a_charcoal

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Installed some Prova blue mirrors today - I was immediately impressed by the wider field of vision, and the clarity.
Plus I think they look tits 8) . Excuse the car being dirty.
I actually removed the stock mirror glass, and fixed the Prova ones in, rather than just double sided taping them onto the stock mirror glass, as suggested by Prova.
It was quite easy once I figured it all out. The first side took about 20 minutes to do (including removal of mirror from car, then removal of mirror glass from base), but once I knew what I was doing the other side only took 5 mins.

This will be a big week of mods, as I try to get a few things done before the weekend (WRX vs EVO on saturday, and the GenV meetup Sunday), but I cannot spill the beans yet...

lump_a_charcoal

Postby jakey » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:13 pm

lump_a_charcoal wrote:Installed some Prova blue mirrors today - I was immediately impressed by the wider field of vision, and the clarity.
Plus I think they look tits 8) . Excuse the car being dirty.
I actually removed the stock mirror glass, and fixed the Prova ones in, rather than just double sided taping them onto the stock mirror glass, as suggested by Prova.
It was quite easy once I figured it all out. The first side took about 20 minutes to do (including removal of mirror from car, then removal of mirror glass from base), but once I knew what I was doing the other side only took 5 mins.

This will be a big week of mods, as I try to get a few things done before the weekend (WRX vs EVO on saturday, and the GenV meetup Sunday), but I cannot spill the beans yet...

Very nice! I wanted to get some similar for mine and forgot about it! Will go on the hunt tonight!
-Jakey-UBARU
jakey

Car: UBARU - 2005 MY06 3.0R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15489

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:32 pm

If you need any tips, let me know.

lump_a_charcoal

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:56 pm

OK , here is a quick pic of the latest mod (do new wheels count as a mod?).

It isn't a great pic, and the car looks really nose high, but it isn't that bad. The stock rims are in the back, and I am parked up a slope.

I'll take some decent pics on the weekend.

lump_a_charcoal

Postby jmpin » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:35 pm

lump_a_charcoal wrote:OK , here is a quick pic of the latest mod (do new wheels count as a mod?).

It isn't a great pic, and the car looks really nose high, but it isn't that bad. The stock rims are in the back, and I am parked up a slope.

I'll take some decent pics on the weekend.

They look sick! What width and offset are they?
jmpin

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:09 am

jmpin wrote:They look sick! What width and offset are they?

8.5, and I think 45 offset.

lump_a_charcoal

Postby jmpin » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:52 am

lump_a_charcoal wrote:

They look to be level if not out side the guards. Do they scrub?
where these the wheels you shipped over from the state's?
jmpin

Postby Gen5is » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:12 am

Whoaaaa resize your photo man haha. Nice rims btw.
Gen5is

Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:27 pm

jmpin wrote:
lump_a_charcoal wrote:

They look to be level if not out side the guards. Do they scrub?
where these the wheels you shipped over from the state's?

Slightly outside the guards, no scrub, and no, got them locally.

Gen5is wrote:Whoaaaa resize your photo man haha. Nice rims btw.

Sorry, and thanks!

lump_a_charcoal

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Well today I did the first, actual modification that cannot be undone (well not easily anyway).

I fitted up my new DAMD rear wing, after getting it, and the TommyKaira grill painted.
Both are colour matched to the car.

The wing installation was pretty easy, but it was nerve wracking taking an M6 drill to my beautiful car. I had to drill two holes, one in each side of the stock wing/bump, to fix the new one firmly.
So, after measuring and rechecking about 20 times, I did it, and got it right. It is held by two bolts and lots of DS tape.

Step 1 - keep hydrated.

Step 2 - do everything else.

You can see that it follows the roof line nicely, and doesn't stand out a lot, which is why I chose this one.

And the grill, complete with a GT badge.

Also put in an HKS panel filter, which sounds a bit nicer.

It is starting to look better every time I remove something shiny and replace it with something black, and I have some more blackening to do on the front and back...

Stay tuned!

lump_a_charcoal

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods