Member Profile - Gen5is

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Gen5is

Postby Gen5is » Thu May 01, 2014 11:05 am

Just did a quick photo shoot with my new 35mm lens also with some minor editing.

Gen5is

Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Thu May 01, 2014 12:08 pm

Like!

Where are the weather guards from?
Team White GenV GT Manual Wagon with fluffy dice

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22731
lump_a_charcoal

Car: 2013 Land Rover Defender 110

Postby Sean82 » Thu May 01, 2014 12:13 pm

I like the first one over the second mate

Both nice shots though :)
Current: MY04 LGT 5EAT Wagon
Previous: MY11 Forester S-Edition VF52|ID1000s|Stuff|E85|12.9s @ 106
Sean82

Car: MY04 GT with JDM GRB EJ207 swap

Postby Gen5is » Thu May 01, 2014 12:42 pm

lump_a_charcoal wrote:Like!

Where are the weather guards from?

They're from Prova, bought them through Japanparts or Perfectrun, don't remember which lol

Sean82 wrote:I like the first one over the second mate

Both nice shots though :)

Thanks man, i like that one too. Here's another one on of that spot but a similar angle as the second one.

I think i need a badge of some sort for the grill..
Gen5is

Postby SYM » Thu May 01, 2014 8:51 pm

I thought you bought new wheels recently? nice pics anyways Eric

Did you paint your headlights, or did you buy GT/sports-prem headlights?

I think its look good either with and without badge.... they carry diff looks, so depends on which 'style' youre after
[ MY10 Liberty GT Wagon ] : Powered by HKS | STi | KiDo | Cusco | Valenti | Crystal Eye | F&R Brembo BBK, cruisn style :mrgreen:

Pics | Jack Moss' awesome Prototype photography of the GT | MY10 LGT early days, and Most Recent pics
Vids | SYM Member Profile video | Our slick club.lib #bandbacktogether video plus Various other club.liberty vid compilations
SYM
-stickered-

Car: MY10 LGT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17124

Postby Victripper » Fri May 02, 2014 11:30 am

Looking very nice. I think I must have the exact same car but no mods as sort of lost interest after looking at too many GT's and thinking I want.

Any further updates on your fuel economy and punchiness of the new Kido Tune? I may have to get it done base on your current comments.
Victripper

Car: MY12 Liberty Sports Premium Wg 2.5i

Postby Gen5is » Fri May 02, 2014 1:42 pm

Thanks Mark

Yeah, as for fuel economy it stays around the 10L-11L mark in moderate stop and start traffic. Highways or continuous green lights sticking strictly to the speed limits lol.. i can get to as low as 8-9L. I'd say it's worth it, especially if you have the CVT transmission. Matt brings the car to life, pedal response improves so much, you'd get that half a second lag after mashing the pedal to the floor on a stock tune, now i don't anymore. Only thing that is lagging, is the motor itself haha.. Matt has another tune in store for the CVT tranny, not exactly sure what, but sounds good!
Gen5is

Postby Gen5is » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:07 pm

SYM wrote:I thought you bought new wheels recently? nice pics anyways Eric

Did you paint your headlights, or did you buy GT/sports-prem headlights?

I think its look good either with and without badge.... they carry diff looks, so depends on which 'style' youre after

Sorry forgot to reply to you haha

New wheels are going to be put on hold after I come back from my overseas trip. I hope I can scrape up enough to buy tyres ahah

As for the headlights, Leo painted them for me. It's also got a halo around the low beam projector.

I've bought a badge to fit on the grille, Leo showed me an awesome way to mount them. I just need some time to DIY it and mount it on the grille.

Latest mod has been a Broadway 300mm convex blue tint mirror.. took some time getting used to. Kept hurting my eyes for some reason.. and the angle of the mirror makes it look as if everyone is tailgating me. :?
Gen5is

Postby Gen5is » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:05 am

Just had a late night sesh with Matt (Kido) and man.. I thought the first tune was great. This second revision completely transformed the car again! The clunkiness of the acceleration engaging when putting the foot to the floor is gone, immediate response! Much smoother delivery and shifting "gears" in manual mode is now more instantaneous. I was told it was approximately 24% more power from the stock figure of 123kw puts the car at 152kw at the motor!!! Taking away the drivetrain loss, I'm looking at about 110-120kwatw :o Well.. whether it may or may not be truly the exact figures (and we'd never know, damn cvt..) The actual response and delivery of power is amazing and that alone makes this revision worth it.

Thanks again Matt! You truly do have some magical fingers ;)
Gen5is

Postby nytrojen » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:22 am

Gen5is wrote:Just had a late night sesh with Matt (Kido) and man.. I thought the first tune was great. This second revision completely transformed the car again! The clunkiness of the acceleration engaging when putting the foot to the floor is gone, immediate response! Much smoother delivery and shifting "gears" in manual mode is now more instantaneous. I was told it was approximately 24% more power from the stock figure of 123kw puts the car at 152kw at the motor!!! Taking away the drivetrain loss, I'm looking at about 110-120kwatw :o Well.. whether it may or may not be truly the exact figures (and we'd never know, damn cvt..) The actual response and delivery of power is amazing and that alone makes this revision worth it.

I want what you've got :)

That said I'm pretty happy with my tune from Matt. I spend 99% of my time stuck in traffic anyway. Mine's tuned more for eco driving. Speeding up the CVT definitely helps a LOT though - even though I barely use it
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby Gen5is » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:29 am

nytrojen wrote:
Gen5is wrote:Just had a late night sesh with Matt (Kido) and man.. I thought the first tune was great. This second revision completely transformed the car again! The clunkiness of the acceleration engaging when putting the foot to the floor is gone, immediate response! Much smoother delivery and shifting "gears" in manual mode is now more instantaneous. I was told it was approximately 24% more power from the stock figure of 123kw puts the car at 152kw at the motor!!! Taking away the drivetrain loss, I'm looking at about 110-120kwatw :o Well.. whether it may or may not be truly the exact figures (and we'd never know, damn cvt..) The actual response and delivery of power is amazing and that alone makes this revision worth it.

That said I'm pretty happy with my tune from Matt. I spend 99% of my time stuck in traffic anyway. Mine's tuned more for eco driving. Speeding up the CVT definitely helps a LOT though - even though I barely use it

Good to hear. Do you have the SI-drive on the sports premium model? I'm sure Matt can tune one of the settings to a more sportier tune and a eco tune on the Intelligent mode? Don't take my word for it though, I could be wrong lol
Gen5is

Postby nytrojen » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:28 pm

Gen5is wrote:
nytrojen wrote:

Good to hear. Do you have the SI-drive on the sports premium model? I'm sure Matt can tune one of the settings to a more sportier tune and a eco tune on the Intelligent mode? Don't take my word for it though, I could be wrong lol

No SI-drive. That only came on the GT and 3.6
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby sukhoi999 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:34 pm

Hmmm, time to think about contacting Matt...

I found the engine is struggling to accelerate from 50~60 to 80~90 range.
Did you feel any difference after the tune Eric?

Thanks
sukhoi999

Car: MY10 Liberty 2.5 NA Premium Wagon

Postby Gen5is » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:48 pm

sukhoi999 wrote:

Hmmm, time to think about contacting Matt...

I found the engine is struggling to accelerate from 50~60 to 80~90 range.
Did you feel any difference after the tune Eric?

Thanks

Did you have his first tune? Because with first tune the engine did struggle a bit with initial acceleration and sometimes when accelerating from any speed. I will test this arvo on those specified speed ranges. But if i recall correctly from this morning's drive it had no problem with acceleration in the 50-60km range. I'll see if I can do a steady 80 to 90km acceleration on a highway or somewhere lol

He's in Sydney till this Sunday so give him a ring?
Gen5is

Postby Gen5is » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:50 pm

nytrojen wrote:
Gen5is wrote:
nytrojen wrote:Just had a late night sesh with Matt (Kido) and man.. I thought the first tune was great. This second revision completely transformed the car again! The clunkiness of the acceleration engaging when putting the foot to the floor is gone, immediate response! Much smoother delivery and shifting "gears" in manual mode is now more instantaneous. I was told it was approximately 24% more power from the stock figure of 123kw puts the car at 152kw at the motor!!! Taking away the drivetrain loss, I'm looking at about 110-120kwatw :o Well.. whether it may or may not be truly the exact figures (and we'd never know, damn cvt..) The actual response and delivery of power is amazing and that alone makes this revision worth it.

No SI-drive. That only came on the GT and 3.6[/quote]

Oh right.. damn that sucks. Well you could always get a nice speedy tune and just be light on the pedal to conserve petrol haha
Gen5is

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods