Member Profile - Gen5is

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Gen5is

Postby Gen5is » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:16 pm

Bought the Liberal grille off Gene, installed it right there in the car park haha..

Looks a little odd, might paint the headlights in the GT style or i might leave it..

Test fitted some wheels a couple of days ago.. not really what i was wanting, but i couldn't pass up a great deal! It's going to get interesting!
Gen5is

Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Postby alessandro132 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:34 pm

Gen5is wrote:Bought the Liberal grille off Gene, installed it right there in the car park haha..

Looks a little odd, might paint the headlights in the GT style or i might leave it..

Test fitted some wheels a couple of days ago.. not really what i was wanting, but i couldn't pass up a great deal! It's going to get interesting!

Hahaha that's the spirit! Fit em up and make sure you run plenty of camber from the sound of things! Grill looks good btw.
TEAM TOYOTA | TEAM HKS

Cusco, HPI, HKS, and a few other bits...
alessandro132
-stickered-

Car: 2000 JZX100 Toyota Chaser Tourer V
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16914

Postby pips06 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:04 pm

I reckon it needs a badge.
K2 | DAMD | Brembo | STI | HKS | Rays Homura | KiDo | Tein | Corazon | Valenti | Crystal Eye
pips06

Car: Gen V SWP Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16415

Postby SH30RB » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:42 pm

pips06 wrote:I reckon it needs a badge.

+1 It definitely needs a badge, just to complete the look
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
SH30RB
-stickered-

Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766

Postby Gen5is » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Cheers guys, i was thinking about the badge, but i thought i might hold it off.. i might change the grille back lol..
Gen5is

Postby Gen5is » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:07 pm

Lowered and fitted with new tyres 225/45/18. Measured at 140mm from the side skirts, went up the car park at work and not even a single scrape about 2 finger widths from the middle on the peak of the ramps and 1 1/2 finger width on this weird bump in the car park. Which means i could go lower :twisted:

Such a nugget.

KU31's are very commuter.. I wouldn't recommend it if you're after sporty tyres.

Before and after pic
Gen5is

Postby Gen5is » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:51 pm

Okay so i haven't updated my thread for a while.. So whilst i was away, i just bought a HKS panel filter.. Any of you other Gen 5 guys have the HKS panel filter? Did you notice anything different?

Also i've bought new rims, but currently not mounted yet lol.. Still contemplating on whether to sell off the 18' GT rims because i've got no where to store them OR to keep them anyway, just in case of defect/spare. :S
Last edited by Gen5is on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gen5is

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:02 pm

My HKS panel filter resulted in more intake noise, as well as more spool noise.
Team White GenV GT Manual Wagon with fluffy dice

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22731
lump_a_charcoal

Car: 2013 Land Rover Defender 110

Postby Gen5is » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:18 pm

lump_a_charcoal wrote:My HKS panel filter resulted in more intake noise, as well as more spool noise.

Awwwww yiss, thats what i was hoping for, more noise! :twisted:

Thanks Linc!
Gen5is

Postby Gen5is » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:30 am

Awww yiss, over night parts from Japan lol

Apparently BP BL share the same parts as the BR BM for the panel filter? Interesting. Unless Perfect Run has screwed up my order, ughhh.
Gen5is

Postby Gen5is » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:39 pm

Good news! The air panel fits! So i guess BP BL do share the same air box as BM BR Liberty's.

Didn't get any pics of the installation i had to rush it because the mozzies were eating up my legs :(

The steps are as follows;
Remove the clips holding down the air intake (I've broken one of mine and the other is on the verge of breaking, anyone know where i can get them?)
Remove air intake
Unclip the two metal clasps on the top of the airbox
Unscrew a bolt on the right side of the air box 10mm? socket + a really long extender(Almost burnt my hand on the engine block, i did this pretty much right after parking the car lol)
Unscrew a nut hidden on the front left of the air box 10mm? Spanner (It should be under the frame tucked away neatly)
Jiggle them apart (The screw that goes into the frame with the rubber mount might scratch up the paint when you jiggle it, jiggle it with caution)
Replace the filter with the brand new HKS filter(Remember which way the old filter was facing, otherwise the HKS Filter has a side where the edges angle inwards to the center. This faces towards the front of the car)
Put it back together and you're done!

Haven't tested it yet, soon as i was done i ran inside the house. Dam pests, almost caught one sucking on my leg.

Still have a 24mm front sway bar to install. I hope that improves turn ins.
Last edited by Gen5is on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gen5is

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:03 am

Gen5is wrote:Good news! The air panel fits! So i guess BP BL do share the same air box as BM BR Liberty's.

Didn't get any pics of the installation i had to rush it because the mozzies were eating up my legs :(

The steps are as follows;
Remove the clips holding down the air intake (I've broken one of mine and the other is on the verge of breaking, anyone know where i can get them?)
Remove air intake
Unscrew a bolt on the right side of the air box 10mm? socket + a really long extender(Almost burnt my hand on the engine block, i did this pretty much right after parking the car lol)
Unscrew a nut hidden on the front left of the air box 10mm? Spanner (It should be under the frame tucked away neatly)
Jiggle them apart (The screw that goes into the frame with the rubber mount might scratch up the paint when you jiggle it, jiggle it with caution)
Replace the filter with the brand new HKS filter(Remember which way the old filter was facing, otherwise the HKS Filter has a side where the edges angle inwards to the center. This faces towards the front of the car)
Put it back together and you're done!

Haven't tested it yet, soon as i was done i ran inside the house. Dam pests, almost caught one sucking on my leg.

Still have a 24mm front sway bar to install. I hope that improves turn ins.

Front sway bar is a prick - Don't attempt it yourself.

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
lump_a_charcoal

Postby Gen5is » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:14 am

I think its more of a hassle for turbo gen 5s because the dump pipe gets in the way. I can see through all the way to the other side on mine lol.

Drove to work, car feels like it can breathe easier, feels less restricted, slightly better throttle response.
Gen5is

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:22 am

Gen5is wrote:I think its more of a hassle for turbo gen 5s because the dump pipe gets in the way. I can see through all the way to the other side on mine lol.

Drove to work, car feels like it can breathe easier, feels less restricted, slightly better throttle response.

It is a hassle because of the subframe, which I think needs to be removed before the sway bar can come out.

lump_a_charcoal

Postby Gen5is » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:44 am

I just had a look at a couple of the threads in US forum. You are right, you either have the lift the motor up a bit or drop the subframe.. ugh..
Gen5is

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods