Member Profile - PUDZ RSC3.0RB

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - PUDZ RSC3.0RB

Postby vertix » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:54 pm

Hey Steve,

You may find some of that comes in the supercharge kit (assuming your going with Raptor).

You can find the kit info here: http://www.raptorsc.com.au/subaru5.html

Fuel pump isn't mentioned on that list, but Tim from raptor helped organise one when I went through my order.

The install with the whole kit is pretty straight forward, so I wouldn't worry too much about trying to get some stuff done ahead of time. Plus, it can reduce the amount of tuning needed if you do it all at once (tune for larger injectors & SC at the same time, instead of needed constant re-tunes as you upgrade your parts over time).

I'd recommend just making sure other parts are working properly. During my install, I had to swap out my AVCS solenoids, upgrade the factory clutch and exhaust. I'd recommend focusing on this stuff over injectors/fuel pump.
vertix

Car: 2007 liberty 3R-B manual SC

Postby Stevo3RB » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:01 am

vertix wrote:Hey Steve,

You may find some of that comes in the supercharge kit (assuming your going with Raptor).

You can find the kit info here: http://www.raptorsc.com.au/subaru5.html

Fuel pump isn't mentioned on that list, but Tim from raptor helped organise one when I went through my order.

The install with the whole kit is pretty straight forward, so I wouldn't worry too much about trying to get some stuff done ahead of time. Plus, it can reduce the amount of tuning needed if you do it all at once (tune for larger injectors & SC at the same time, instead of needed constant re-tunes as you upgrade your parts over time).

I'd recommend just making sure other parts are working properly. During my install, I had to swap out my AVCS solenoids, upgrade the factory clutch and exhaust. I'd recommend focusing on this stuff over injectors/fuel pump.

Thanks Vertix - my plan would be to go with a Raptor kit. I have upgraded the exhaust (with tune from Matt) already and have a HD clutch installed so that's all taken care of. As the cars my daily I guess I'm looking to be totally prepared (OCD in me :lol: ) so I don't have any 'gotcha' moments. Cheers.
Stevo3RB

Car: MY07 Liberty Spec B wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30828

Postby Flat6Estate » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:21 pm

Steve, you can only do this IF I get to have a drive of it when it's done

Timbo
MY08 Spec B 3.0L Manual Wagon
1998 Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat - a bit broken :-o
Flat6Estate
formerly Timbo_rs2500

Car: 2007 MY08 Liberty Wagon 3RB 6spd
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32189&p=425885#p425885

Postby PUDZ RSC3.0RB » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:45 pm

Stevo3RB wrote:Hey Pudz,

Just read your thread from start to finish as I'm interested in following the SC route. Any chance you could post up a list of all the parts you've got fitted related to your SC build? I'm thinking of a slightly different tact in that I'll modify and upgrade the car first in preparation before installing the SC, ie. injectors, fuel pump, wiring, electronics etc...

Thoughts?

Cheers man, great thread, very interesting and learnt a lot in a short space of time... :)

Hey Steve, glad my thread has been a good learning curve for you and hopefully inspiring as well.

And thanx Matt ^^ you pretty much have it covered. A couple of things I will add -
I think Tim now supplies a fuel pump in his SC kits DW65C. Or a Kobe Motorsport one from here on the forum, which Im now running issue free.
Mine being an aircooled SC Non-intercooled, so just had to wire the SC fan to the ignition (Auto electrician did this) Simple though.
Whatever fuel pump you use just make sure you use 2 O-rings on top of the factory sleeve. This will definitely help later if you go to E85 and higher fuel pressure.
Also with all O-rings, whether fuel pump, in tank fuel filter or injectors make sure you coat them with engine assembly lube or the like before re-installation. Avoids
any pinching or rolling of the O-rings.

And good luck, you will not regret going down the Raptor SC path. :D
PUDZ RSC3.0RB

Car: 05 Liberty Trolly
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22581

Postby cliffo3rb » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:17 pm

I'll have my wagon at the EOY meet if you boys want a drive.
cliffo3rb

Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0rb

Postby PUDZ RSC3.0RB » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:22 pm

cliffo3rb wrote:I'll have my wagon at the EOY meet if you boys want a drive.

Hey Cliffo.............................

And then the convincing will be done. :)
PUDZ RSC3.0RB

Postby Stevo3RB » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:54 am

Flat6Estate wrote:Steve, you can only do this IF I get to have a drive of it when it's done

Timbo

If I do this Tim, you'll be one of the first I'll take for a drive... I'm sure Andrew would like to go for a spin too... :D
Stevo3RB

Car: MY07 Liberty Spec B wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30828

Postby vertix » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:56 am

Keen to try an e85 sc'd ez30.

On the fence about going down the e85 path, could use a little nudge to push me over ;)
vertix

Car: 2007 liberty 3R-B manual SC

Postby Flat6Estate » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:03 pm

Stevo3RB wrote:
Flat6Estate wrote:Steve, you can only do this IF I get to have a drive of it when it's done

Timbo

If I do this Tim, you'll be one of the first I'll take for a drive... I'm sure Andrew would like to go for a spin too... :D

I think you mis-understood me. I want to drive it. I dont want to be driven in it 8)
MY08 Spec B 3.0L Manual Wagon
1998 Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat - a bit broken :-o
Flat6Estate
formerly Timbo_rs2500

Car: 2007 MY08 Liberty Wagon 3RB 6spd
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32189&p=425885#p425885

Postby cliffo3rb » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:38 pm

PUDZ RSC3.0RB wrote:

Hey Mate!

How is the new clutch treating you?
cliffo3rb

Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0rb

Postby PUDZ RSC3.0RB » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:16 pm

cliffo3rb wrote:
PUDZ RSC3.0RB wrote:

Hey Mate!

How is the new clutch treating you?

yeah clutch is great cliffo, plenty of bite when needed, yet drives like stock as a daily. Really hasn't had any punishment yet, a bit worried about driveshafts.
PUDZ RSC3.0RB

Postby PUDZ RSC3.0RB » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:26 pm

In other news, installed the shockworks this week and had it aligned this morning, thanx to Deano n the boys at traction Tyres Coffs.

About to go for its first squirt just now. Will update further later, but first impressions they are pretty comfortable around town.Not quite as firm as the oem billies n s-techs.

Big thanx to Owen n Ray from raceline for the phone support. Will post heights, specs n pics a bit later. :)
Last edited by PUDZ RSC3.0RB on Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PUDZ RSC3.0RB

Postby 3rspecb » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:10 pm

Congrats on the shockworks :good: how you finding them ?

After reading your post about having no boost, I checked my s/c internal drive belt and both are cracked (I running the twin belt system). Bloody disappointing as it's been 1.5 since fitted.
MY06 3rspecb manual sedan, Urban Grey- Shockworks Coilovers '- Gone

MY17 SSv Redline, manual sedan, White.
3rspecb

Car: MY17 SSv Redline

Postby PUDZ RSC3.0RB » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:01 pm

3rspecb wrote:Congrats on the shockworks :good: how you finding them ?

After reading your post about having no boost, I checked my s/c internal drive belt and both are cracked (I running the twin belt system). Bloody disappointing as it's been 1.5 since fitted.

Hey G

Shockworks are good, pretty damn comfortable on the low speed shitty roads around town up here, that's on full soft. Took the trolly out late last night but
unfortunately was confronted with storm rain, mist and fog (WTF- its not the middle of winter), so I didn't push real hard. Hopefully later this week.
The thing I did notice the most was under quick aggressive changes of direction she felt so much more composed and willing to turn in and power out.

Yeah I only got about 10 mths ( 8,000kms) out of this last SC drive belt (running single belt), so a little disappointed also. Tim has spoken about upgrading to
a clutched internal pulley system, thereby extending drive belt life significantly. Now waiting for Raptor to get set-up in the new premises.

Chime in Tim :P
Last edited by PUDZ RSC3.0RB on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PUDZ RSC3.0RB

Postby Wrighty » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:28 pm

hey mate,

Just wondering if you still had the TCP diff back mufflers?

Cheers
Scott
Wrighty

Car: 2007 Lberty GT TbSTi Black Wagon

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods