Member Profile - Manaz

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Manaz

Postby Manaz » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:38 am

peadya100 wrote:Boy.... that escalated quickly :lol:

It's my profile thread, I figure I'm entitled to defend myself here...
Manaz

Car: MY09 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22465

Postby cliffo3rb » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:45 am

Manaz wrote:
peadya100 wrote:Boy.... that escalated quickly :lol:

It's my profile thread, I figure I'm entitled to defend myself here...

Ken oath.It is your car after all. :good:
cliffo3rb

Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0rb

Postby peadya100 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:55 am

Manaz wrote:It's my profile thread, I figure I'm entitled to defend myself here...

Of course, no disputing that!
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby alexeiwoody » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:26 pm

Dear Owen,

When someone tries to tell you you don't have a sense of humour, it typically means that you can't laugh at a joke. If you can't work that out, then you certainly didn't understand what was being said earlier. But thanks for reading, hey, either way?

Rob, this will be my last love letter to you, sorry. You seem to think that by you replying, you've somehow made my points less potent. I guess IT doesn't do 'reading between the lines'. And if you understood what was being said - which unlike owen, I believe you can (if you just for a second assume that I know what I'm talking about. I know it hurts, but try it while reading again, ok? ). I'll highlight the main message for you, to make it easier.

1. It doesn't matter why you modified your post, the point is the content. I point out that you seemed a bit insecure and unable to answer my question. Now why would you be insecure you ask? Ah excellent question!

Because you've never actually built a properly modified car, let alone a liberty. That's why you couldn't simply answer my question. That's why your advice about modifying our cars, is not from personal experience and that's why I say it sucks. It's not wrong, per se, it's just a tad wasteful and borders on superstitious.

2. About your Exa... I mainly point out that owning one, doesn't give you credentials about modifying cars. The engines you switched were nearly identical, feel free to verify, and the only assumption I make is that you didn't build a performance car. The fact that you don't know what power those engines make stock (98kw for aus and 124 for the jap -T, mostly thanks to the turbo) or what power your particular car made, makes my assumption a valid one.

3. If you recall this all started when a newbie asked what first mods to do and why is everyone modifying their bov? A good answer would have been, "good first mods are - etc etc, and as for the bov, for stock boost, as you mentioned you'll be running, you can leave that until it's not doing it's job". Instead we all got a lesson on atmospheric venting. Again, that's why I think your car advice should be locked away and plunged into the ocean.

4. If you seriously believe that changing your fuel system and converting fuel is safer than a factory turbo...because your understanding (note: not your experience) tells you so...then we'll leave it at that. And you're slandering a vf52 for lag...if you were so worried about lag, then buying a turbo auto subaru would have been out of the question for you.

5. You say you bought your BOV for later, when your car is pushing boost. Please explain to me how your car will run higher boost without a retune? That's called a "rhetorical question". Still you insist you don't need a retune to enjoy the benefits of the TS bov. What benefits would those be, considering the stock bov woks fine at stock boost? And would those benefits be worth $200, seeing as you're strapped for modifying cash? Another "rhetorical question" and a "case closed".

Since you're always right, Rob, I wasn't really trying to change your technical opinions. I was mostly just expressing how I feel about forum know-it-alls, for who mods to their car aren't a priority, and while they derive their knowledge from "knowledgeable people and sometimes google", they feel they have the right to defend their advice as good. By all means, you can defend your honour and call me a prick, but you can't defend your advice. And because this isn't helping anyone I suggested we do this in PM.

Thanks for reading.
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby Manaz » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:10 pm

Well, that was exciting. In good news, Alexei and I have sorted out our differences in private. :air_kiss: :angel:

Now, in the meantime, I've grabbed a few bits and pieces...

A set of these.
One of these.
And I have one of these on the way too.
And yes Newbie GT, I did get one of these as well (my comment on not going to a larger turbo meant "no larger than the VF52").
Manaz

Postby Manaz » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:38 pm

Hmmm, considering a change of direction (for now at least).

Rather than chasing power with a new turbo, etc, I may instead chase better handling and stopping, maximise what I can get out of the stock turbo, and THEN look at power.

If I go down that road, probably looking at Dixcel rotors and pads, and some Cusco braces...
Manaz

Postby peadya100 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:03 pm

It is certainly an option.. thats what i did as far as power goes anyway, but if youre anything like me (and almost everyone on here) you'll end up wanting more power and want to put the VF52 on... which means you need another tune... which means more $$$ :lol:

Youre in sydney arent you Robert? If you like i can take you for a spin in my car so you can see what maxing out the VF46 will feel like in terms of power. That will give you a good idea of what to expect.
Last edited by peadya100 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

peadya100
-stickered-

Postby Manaz » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:58 pm

peadya100 wrote:It is certainly is an option.. thats what i did as far as power goes anyway, but if youre anything like me (and almost everyone on here) you'll end up wanting more power and want to put the VF52 on... which means you need another tune... which means more $$$ :lol:

Youre in sydney arent you Robert? If you like i can take you for a spin in my car so you can see what maxing out the VF46 will feel like in terms of power. That will give you a good idea of what to expect.

Yep, I am in Sydney, live in the West Ryde area, work in Alexandria. :)

My understanding is that the VF46 will max out at ~180kW ATW with all required supporting mods, with the VF52 then allowing a push for another 20kW or so (with less drop-off as you approach redline).
Manaz

Postby peadya100 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:25 pm

Well with the auto gearbox like ours 180kw is pretty much the limit.. but every car is slightly different. Ive seen manuals get 196kw out of the VF46 with an MSR tune.

20-25kw more from the VF52 doesnt sound like a great deal i know... but you really can feel the VF46 drop in acceleration as you get higher in the revs. Of course it depends how you plan to drive. Around our part of sydney its pretty rare to be able to redline even 2nd gear let alone 3rd.

But the main thing is, 180kw just doesnt feel fast enough.... It was fast enough for about a week and then it quickly became too slow :lol:

Anyway. ill send you a PM.

peadya100
-stickered-

Postby Newbie GT » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:50 pm

peadya100 wrote:Well with the auto gearbox like ours 180kw is pretty much the limit.. but every car is slightly different. Ive seen manuals get 196kw out of the VF46 with an MSR tune.

20-25kw more from the VF52 doesnt sound like a great deal i know... but you really can feel the VF46 drop in acceleration as you get higher in the revs. Of course it depends how you plan to drive. Around our part of sydney its pretty rare to be able to redline even 2nd gear let alone 3rd.

But the main thing is, 180kw just doesnt feel fast enough.... It was fast enough for about a week and then it quickly became too slow :lol:

20-25 at the wheels is quite a big improvement

You will get more down low and torque and top end if I'm not mistaking
Newbie GT

Postby alexeiwoody » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:09 pm

Nice parts!

You know your lib is begging for stiffer springs, right? :twisted:
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby Manaz » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:07 pm

Newbie GT wrote:20-25 at the wheels is quite a big improvement

You will get more down low and torque and top end if I'm not mistaking

Peak power/torque isn't the whole story - the height of the curve isn't as important as the area under it.

:)
Manaz

Postby Manaz » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:03 pm

alexeiwoody wrote:Nice parts!

You know your lib is begging for stiffer springs, right? :twisted:

You have no idea how many times I've looked at STI pink springs and thought "Hmmm...."

I've got a Killer B oil pickup sitting on my desk at work. A VBG1 boost gauge on its way. Stock brakes being replaced shortly.

And seriously considering trading down to 17" wheels (yes, many will consider that to be odd, but I have my reasons - and ride comfort is only part of it)...
Manaz

Postby peadya100 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:13 am

I know the feeling re pink springs!!
I want my car to sit just a tiny bit lower like the pink springs, but the entry into my garage just wont allow it :( im right on the limit now.

If youre looking at going to 17's, you should get some of the wrx enkei STi style wheels so it will still look factory-ish.

peadya100
-stickered-

Postby shav » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:58 am

peadya100 wrote:Well with the auto gearbox like ours 180kw is pretty much the limit.. but every car is slightly different. Ive seen manuals get 196kw out of the VF46 with an MSR tune.

Geez Adam, the mod bug and well and truly taken a slice out your bum. :lol:

180kwatw not fast enough??? bloody hell, I must be getting old then. :mrgreen:

In saying that, driving style will be paramount to your mods. Liking the list of mods you have for the car Manaz. Pics?
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods