Member Profile - Liberty

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Liberty

Postby Liberty » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:52 pm

Here are a few pics from the latest SubyClub cruise in Newcastle.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille
Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me as soon as possible. I have cash ready.

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon
Liberty

Car: 2006 Liberty MY06 SpecB wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21424

Postby peadya100 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:43 am

Loving the wheel colour gary.
You and cruisn did very well with them!!
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby Liberty » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:45 am

It is one of the highlights of the car to be honest. I definitely made the right choice in buying them. Thanks Adam! :D
Wanting to buy/looking for: single STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille
Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me as soon as possible. I have cash ready.

Liberty

Postby cruisn » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:34 am

Missing foglight for cold air intake? :P
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby Liberty » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:36 am

EXACTLY!

It's not the first time I heard it, ha ha. A few guys at the meet said the exact same thing. I've managed to get a replacement foglight, I'm just waiting on the bulbs to arrive so I don't have to get into it twice that's all. They should be in early next week though.

Liberty

Postby cruisn » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:40 am

Looks race spec. :mrgreen:
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby Liberty » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:06 am

A very subtle cold air intake. Don't tell anyone what's under the hood... :P

Liberty

Postby Liberty » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:50 am

And as promised, here is the update! :D

There hasn't been a lot done since my last update, however there are many things in the works and it's just a matter of time before those dates come around.

A little while ago I saw an ad on the forum for an STi battery holder for a very good price. Luckily I managed to snap it up before anyone else could for no reason other than to bling out the engine bay a bit more.

Next on the cards were new brake discs which would also enable me to install the Hawk Performance Ceramics which I bought less than a year ago. I was initially going to replace my current ones with new traditional solid discs, but after some research and a few emails back and forth, I bought grooved and dimpled discs directly from Rotors & Drums Australia (which was quite surprising considering they state they do not sell direct to the public) for an absolutely amazing price!

I had no hassles with the order apart from them not having the right sizing for a Liberty SpecB in their system (thanks Mark for the tip), and upon payment, it was delivered to my door just a day and a half later! I installed and bedded them in over a weekend with no issues in order to save some money. All I can really say without a doubt is that I 110% recommend RDA and Hawk Performance brake pads; they are both performing perfectly together with no issues whatsoever. Braking is extremely smooth and responsive once again!

Front brake disc:

Rear brake disc:

The scratches you see to the left and right of the wheel on the wheel arch were there when I bought the car. Getting any paint imperfections and dents fixed up is also on the to do list.

That just about does it for what has physically been done to the car. As I said, it isn't much as I've had other commitments where my money has gone and time has not been of the essence, however in the next couple of weeks I will be getting a few things done to bring the wagon back to its showroom state (well as close to it as possible).

Which brings me onto the next part of this update; the to do list.

I have been a bit lazy when it comes to a select few items on this list but some are things that I will be tending to this weekend. The list consists of:

• install Beatrush brake cylinder stopper
  • install new mufflers (ordered)
  • install new centre and Y-pipe
  • putting my foglight back in
  • buying bulbs for both foglights
  • fixing my rear wiper
  • replace all wiper blades
  • replace the left-hand side floor board in the boot
  • paint correction/touch-ups in a few places

That just about does it with things I can achieve myself. The things I cannot do on my own will be performed by the boys at ICHIban and include:

• service
  • front timing cover reseal
  • front crank seal
  • rocker cover gasket replaced (both sides)
  • oil cooler O-ring
  • remove, strip and inspect my front passenger side strut
  • new wheel hub

The repairs are gonna be the main killer to my wallet but this is all just a part of owning a car. To conclude the update, I wanted to ask a few questions regarding a tune for the wagon. I was initially going to go to Pulse Racing in Menai for one, however after hearing many good reviews (especially for H6's), knowing about the money I could save and doing a little bit of research, I have finally been convinced to go to Matt from Throttle Happy instead. I have a few questions I'd like to ask beforehand though.

1. What is the best way to get in contact with Matt?
  2. Does he have a website or Facebook page?
  3. How much did you pay for his initial tune?
  4. I have been told his retunes are free; is this true? How many retunes/revisions does he provide for free?
  5. I have also been recommended a Tactrix if I want to learn about it and have the ability to log and upload the tunes myself without him having to be there. Can I get more details about this? Is it worthwhile? How much are they and where can I get one?
  6. Is there anything else I need to know about before going ahead with all of this?

Thank you everyone for your help and support throughout the journey I have taken with this car. It has never let me down once and I STILL get the same rush I did when I first sat in it. I couldn't have come as far as I have without every single member of this forum either. You guys and girls are absolute gold. I have made some really good friends here.

I promise to keep this build topic updated as much as possible to prevent encyclopaedic posts next time. ;)

Liberty

Postby chanham » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:32 pm

hey mate

lib is looking great! contemplating a rotor upgrade, did you find a big difference between the stock brakes and those?

Cheers!
chanham
formerly ciand06

Car: Subaru Liberty 3.0R 2004
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18831

Postby Liberty » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:59 pm

Thanks mate! I'd definitely do the upgrade if you can. I haven't given them a proper test as I'm still wearing them in slowly for another few hundred kilometres (as per the instructions from RDA) but I have noticed a significant difference compared to the traditional solid discs. It just seems to bite more and I guess the best word to use is 'perform' better. Whenever you change your discs you should replace your brake pads as well, so both working in tandem means you get ultimate braking power from the get-go.

I'm extremely pleased with them and would definitely recommend RDA.

Liberty

Postby shav » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:59 pm

Liberty wrote:Thanks mate! I'd definitely do the upgrade if you can. I haven't given them a proper test as I'm still wearing them in slowly for another few hundred kilometres (as per the instructions from RDA) but I have noticed a significant difference compared to the traditional solid discs. It just seems to bite more and I guess the best word to use is 'perform' better. Whenever you change your discs you should replace your brake pads as well, so both working in tandem means you get ultimate braking power from the get-go.

Great update. What was the total cost of the disc and rotors if you dont mind me asking? Feel free to PM if you want
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby Kody.B » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:03 pm

Discs look great Gary! They look tough behind the wheels. Nice work!
| 2004 Safety Pack 2.5i 5MT|
|2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Club Spec 9|
2012 Volkswagen Golf R
Kody.B

Car: 2012 Volkswagen Golf R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18714

Postby chanham » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:29 pm

shav wrote:
Liberty wrote:Thanks mate! I'd definitely do the upgrade if you can. I haven't given them a proper test as I'm still wearing them in slowly for another few hundred kilometres (as per the instructions from RDA) but I have noticed a significant difference compared to the traditional solid discs. It just seems to bite more and I guess the best word to use is 'perform' better. Whenever you change your discs you should replace your brake pads as well, so both working in tandem means you get ultimate braking power from the get-go.

Great update. What was the total cost of the disc and rotors if you dont mind me asking? Feel free to PM if you want

+1 ^

also thanks for the info!
chanham
formerly ciand06

Postby Liberty » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:52 am

You're welcome chanham. Any time.

shav wrote:Great update. What was the total cost of the disc and rotors if you dont mind me asking? Feel free to PM if you want

Thanks. The brake discs ended up costing me $200 for the front pair, $170 for the rear pair and only $25 delivery to my front door. It was an absolute bargain!

Kody.B wrote:Discs look great Gary! They look tough behind the wheels. Nice work!

Ha ha, I seriously can't get enough of them. They look awesome and perform extremely well; I'm getting the best of both worlds.

Liberty

Postby chanham » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:37 am

Wow that is a bargain!!

defiantly will be looking into these in the future, thanks mate!
chanham
formerly ciand06

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods