Member Profile - Liberty

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Liberty

Postby cruisn » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:24 pm

As soon as my 17's get into IM here and I get them painted. About 2-3 weeks time.
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby Liberty » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:10 pm

You've got a definite buyer man. And you have a private message on SubyClub.
Wanting to buy/looking for: single STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille
Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me as soon as possible. I have cash ready.

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon
Liberty

Car: 2006 Liberty MY06 SpecB wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21424

Postby Liberty » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:28 pm

A few updates. Some of the plans I had in place from the post I made on the previous page have changed. I will not be buying new tyres as I have a surprise coming, and only after that surprise arrives will I be getting a wheel alignment. 8)
I am however planning on getting my discs machined so I can install my new brake pads. So far $40 per disc is the best price I've got at All Drive Subaroo.

I also managed to get a few bits and pieces from eBay. More aesthetics than anything but it does make the car look better at night. I bought Philips X-tremeVision bulbs for my high beams and Philips Ultinon LED's for my parker lights. Definitely have an improvement with the high beams. I can see EVERYTHING.

Just took some pics now to show everyone what it looks like. I'm happy. Only new bulbs I need now are for my fog lights, which I have yet to remove and get cleaned.

I will also be getting some new number plates too. Just trying to decide on a style.
Wanting to buy/looking for: single STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille
Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me as soon as possible. I have cash ready.

Liberty

Postby Liberty » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:30 pm

Performed a rather lengthy car wash yesterday afternoon; wash, rinse, chamois, clay bar, wipe, polish, wipe, carnauba wax, wipe. Car came out a million bucks! Definitely recommend it for everyone, may be not EVERY time you wash, but definitely once a month would keep your car in tip-top shape. The full treatment gets tiring but I do believe that there is a significant difference, especially in the flesh.

See for yourself. What do you reckon? Before is the first picture, after is the second.

Both sets of pics were taken using the HDR capabilities on my iPhone 4. The only difference is the time of day, but you should be able to see the pictures clear enough.

Let me know what you think!

Liberty

Postby paggaz » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:40 pm

Clearly noticable different and it looks fantastic! I just went through a similar process with mine on the weekend and although it's hard work, it's definitely worth it. Good work! :good:
paggaz

Car: 2007 GT Spec.B Wagon Silver
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17423#p241526

Postby Liberty » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:41 pm

Thanks a lot man! Good to see that a little hard work has paid off. Definitely impressed. I'm seriously thinking about buying an orbital buffer just to speed up the whole process. :P

Liberty

Postby Liberty » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:56 am

Been a while since I last updated the topic!

As some of you may know now, I have bought a new set of rims from Mark (CRUISN). I've heard nothing but good comments about them and it definitely gives the car an awesome look, not to mention the VW grey is quite unique and steers me clear of the typical black rims everyone tends to have at the moment (not a bad thing at all).

I personally think it matches the Atlantic Blue flawlessly and for $700, I reckon it was definitely money well spent. Not to mention I was gonna spend $540 on some new Kumho tyres anyway. I am currently on Federal Formoza FD2's and I honestly have nothing bad to say about them. Drivability is great and their is bugger all noise produced. Win-win! Managed to get a full wheel alignment as well and she's running perfectly. Here are a couple of pics after a quick wash yesterday afternoon:

If you look closely enough, you may find that I have a foglight missing from the driver's side of the car. I have finally taken the time to remove it to get it cleaned up! When I unplugged the bulb holder from it, the entire foglight was full of dirty yellow water and it seemed like everything metal inside was eaten away by rust. I did get it apart using my oven at 150° for approximately 10-15 minutes and personally I thought it was beyond repair so have been on the look out for a new one. Mark gave me a couple of links to some on eBay and I have now made a purchase. Hoping to get a second-hand one delivered next week. That ticks something that's been on the list since I purchased the car.

That pretty much sums up everything until now. I will be getting some new RDA brake discs from ICHIban soonish and will be installing my Hawk Performance Ceramics which I bought a couple of months ago too. In the meantime I think I should start selling a few things I don't need any more just to give me some more cash moneys to spend on this amazing car. New number plates will be coming in as well. I'm just deciding on whether to spend $275 + $99 per year thereafter for new ones or just $275 to get my current ones restyled...

Thanks for the read, support and help everyone has offered on my wagon so far. I couldn't ask for anything more from a lot of you!

Liberty

Postby cruisn » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:21 pm

Looking good Gary :good:

Fixed that muffler yet?
cruisn

Postby Liberty » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Thanks Mark!

I'm guilty. Not yet! I've just gotta save up $550 to buy a TCP muffler and all will be well. Promise. :mrgreen:

There is no other way around it. Mechanics won't touch it for fear they will snap or crack the piping.

Liberty

Postby Liberty » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:08 pm

What a trip!

I went to ICHIban at 10 AM this morning to get a wheel hub replaced. The forking noise is still there! I have no idea what to do. It almost sounds like it's coming from the passenger side now which is the one I bought off a bloke in Melbourne from another wagon involved in a crash. Possibly the wheel hub wasn't in the best of shape, might have been distorted? The sound is almost worse than it was before, and you can hear it well under the 80 km/h mark as opposed to before where you could only hear it when going above this speed.

Sucks. Time to get another passenger side front wheel hub, and if that doesn't work then I have no forking idea! What else could be causing a pulsing vibrating noise (minus the actual feel of vibration)? That's the best description of the noise I can give...

Also decided to drive to Moss Vale straight after ICHIban to pick up some goodies. Pics coming shortly once I get these bad boys installed. ;)

Liberty

Postby Liberty » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:22 pm

Surprise!

Managed to buy a set of Hanabi taillights! Finally! :D

I'll get a full on rear picture when I can.

Liberty

Postby HoFF » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:20 pm

Glad to see your happy with them Garry.

Enjoy.
HoFF
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT MY09 Foz
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13577&start=255

Postby Liberty » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:28 pm

Most definitely mate, cheers! :D

Liberty

Postby cruisn » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:45 pm

Hahaha, Tom put the double r in Garry! Its catching. :mrgreen:

Smoked Hanabi's suit the car and wheel color perfectly. :good:
cruisn

Postby Liberty » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:51 pm

I've become so used to it now that I don't bother correcting anyone, ha ha. Thanks for the great comment Mark, I think the same! I couldn't have done it without your help either. The Liberty is definitely coming along nicely even if it is a slow process. Slow and steady wins the race.

Liberty

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods