Member Profile - Liberty

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Liberty

Postby Liberty » Sun May 04, 2014 12:40 pm

It needed it. And I'm happy doing it so long as I am the owner of the car. I don't like it when things don't work as they should.

Feeling solid is an understatement! The car is a complete joy to drive, it's never felt better. So smooth, responsive and even sounds healthier. The next major thing would be to get any cosmetic imperfections such as dents, scratches, etc, fixed and cleaned up and she'll be as good as new.
Wanting to buy/looking for: single STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille
Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me as soon as possible. I have cash ready.

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon
Liberty

Car: 2006 Liberty MY06 SpecB wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21424

Postby Liberty » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:05 pm

And the long wait is over! Time for an update, so be patient and if you can't be bothered reading, then look at the pretty pictures and the cool video! :)

I'm gonna start off by thanking everyone who has helped me out so far with this car. There are a few people that have definitely given me the motivation and advice to get the car where it is today, and I base that solely on SubyClub and club.liberty in its entirety. Thank you very much guys.

Here goes nothing.

First up is the Beatrush master brake cylinder stopper I bought off Tim (thanks mate). Ever since I installed it I have noticed my brake pedal movement to be decreased substantially and braking responsiveness has improved. I have it sitting nicely on the brake cylinder, but not excessively tight so no damage is done to the brake cylinder itself (that could end up being a costly exercise). Enough chatter, here is a before and after pic.

It sits neatly against the chassis and if you didn't know what it was, you'd think it was something that came with the car from factory. I really love the fact that the gold paint matches to that of the other factory gold bits.

I finally managed to get my self refurbished fog light installed. It completes the front end and I also installed some Philips 5000K bulbs into them. That'll be enough to light up the road! Looks a lot better than the pictures show as well, and they are definitely not as blue in person. Camera's do funny things, especially when they're on a phone.

Parker lights.

Low beams.

Sexy right?

Now onto the more exciting modifications.

If you haven't already seen the pic floating around, I'll give you one hint; RS-R springs.

I managed to get these installed last Friday and I must say they make the car look absolutely fantastic! Here's the height comparison as close as I could get it.

Before at the 2014 SubyClub Hunter Valley Cruise.

After, in my driveway the day after installation.

I will not be going any lower after this. It seems to me like nothing else is needed any time soon with regards to handling and suspension. The height should be close to even front and rear, I'm not sure why it looks slightly lower in the back. It could possibly be my rear shocks needing a regrease or something of the like? Possibly the camera angle?

Considering the 30-40 mm height decrease, the ride is very good! In all honesty you do notice more on the road and have to slow down a little extra when it comes to speed humps and steeper driveways or ramps, but I was prepared for that and have no problems with it. Not to mention swerving around the larger potholes and what not. It is stiffer as you would expect and cornering has become a lot better and feels more go-karty. I like it. :D

One of the best modifications I've done is FINALLY get my exhaust system together and installed. I bought the TCP Auto quad mufflers and managed to buy and install the 2.25" Xforce front muffler and Y-pipe assembly just before the Hunter Valley Cruise. A mate and I spent a night removing the stock exhaust and getting this one on. I jizzed in my pants when I turned on the car. Here's why (GoPro HERO3: Silver Edition doesn't do it justice):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kre6VkHvrnA

And the best pic I can find of them is from the HVC (thanks Zac). I'll get a better one when I have the time.

Last but not least, I have decided to install the Weapon R cold air intake I managed to get for free off Cliffo (thanks man)! When installing this in the carpark at a monthly SubyClub Hooters meet, the guys noticed the internal structure of the piping. It sort of had a small pipe directly through the centre of the larger pipe (what you physically see on the outside). Most of the guys found this quite weird, however the only assumption we could come up with is that it is purposely there to assist in preventing heat soak. Win. I have noticed throttle response has increased and the car really does feel less sluggish, which I am a little guilty of. My stock air filter was quite dirty and the stock system contained a few leaves and dust.:blush:

Best thing about this is that I can replace it with the stock air intake at any time I please so if things don't work out well with it, I'll just take it off.

That brings us to the end of the update. I think I might start updating things as I go to avoid writing up encyclopaedic posts. As I've already mentioned, I'm extremely happy with where the car is at the moment and again, thanks to everyone who has helped on the way.

Next on the cards include:
  • tune
  • window tint
That'll be all until I can save up enough money to start getting a little OCD with everything. ;)
Wanting to buy/looking for: single STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille
Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me as soon as possible. I have cash ready.

Liberty

Postby shav » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:18 pm

The car is looking awesome! Well done :mrgreen:
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby gen3v8 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:29 pm

Try and level the left hand pipes.Really the only thing I could fault following you, Apart from your mates :shock: bouncing aroud in your car.. :lol:
Just an old V8 fart that has seen the LIGHT
gen3v8

Car: MY09GT SPECB WAGON GEN IV 6mt

Postby peadya100 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:17 pm

Well done buddy!!
Looks so good now.. I wish I could lower my car like yours!
I think a tune will do wonders now that its breathing better. Might be worth doing your headers before your tune though (thats if people do that on H6's)
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby RX25SE » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:11 pm

Nice one Gaz.
Well done.
RX25SE

Car: MY07 30RB 6sp Wag

Postby Liberty » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:06 pm

Thanks Jase! :D

shav wrote:The car is looking awesome! Well done :mrgreen:

Thanks man! :D

gen3v8 wrote:Try and level the left hand pipes.Really the only thing I could fault following you, Apart from your mates :shock: bouncing aroud in your car.. :lol:

They will be getting adjusted tomorrow at an exhaust place before I get the tune done, that way I am certain there are no exhaust leaks and everything aligns perfectly. Thanks for mentioning it though mate.

And about my friends, they're as looney as I am! Ha ha! Harmless fun, we were singing to some tunes and just having a laugh.

peadya100 wrote:Well done buddy!!
Looks so good now.. I wish I could lower my car like yours!
I think a tune will do wonders now that its breathing better. Might be worth doing your headers before your tune though (thats if people do that on H6's)

Bloody oath it will. I can't wait to get it man. Everything is positive when it comes to getting a tune. Saturday is only a few days away! :D

It definitely is done and I was thinking that but don't want to go too insane with things at the moment. May be in the future, but for now I am really happy as to how far it has come.

Liberty

Postby dazzz168 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Saw this at HVC14, sweet ride mate and nice mods to boot.
dazzz168

Car: Forester XT & TB STi Lib
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20816

Postby Liberty » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:28 pm

Thanks a lot mate. Still a few things to go on it that I haven't taken out of boxes yet but slowly slowly it's getting there. :D

Liberty

Postby Out6ack » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:00 pm

Its lookin real nice Gaz.
That Beatrush master brake cylinder stopper, its made a big difference yeah??
I want my brakes to be firmer even on gentle pressure and I couldn't see how braided line would do this. So is this stopper thing the answer??
Out6ack

Car: 05 Outback 3.0 Premium.

Postby seanmau5 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:16 pm

Out6ack wrote:Its lookin real nice Gaz.
I want my brakes to be firmer even on gentle pressure and I couldn't see how braided line would do this. So is this stopper thing the answer??

Braided lines flex less than rubber ones do effectively increasing the pressure.
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Postby Out6ack » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:36 am

seanmau5 wrote:Braided lines flex less than rubber ones effectively increasing the pressure.

Even when just braking lightly Sean? I thought they'd really only be noticeable when braking hardish.
Mine feel pretty spongy even when braking gently. That's primarily what I'm trying to fix.
Out6ack

Car: 05 Outback 3.0 Premium.

Postby Liberty » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:38 pm

Out6ack wrote:Its lookin real nice Gaz.

In my personal opinion, I do feel that the master brake cylinder stopper has definitely made a difference. There is less pedal feel as a lot of flex has been minimised which means you actually brake earlier and quicker. Braided lines do help as well as seanmau5 has explained and I will be investing in some as soon as I get some extra cash. All small factors come together to give you a good result.

Liberty

Postby seanmau5 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:40 pm

Liberty wrote:All small factors come together to give you a good result.

This. No single element is a sure fire way to make it perfect but combine a number of modifications together and you'll be laughing.
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Postby Liberty » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:41 pm

I've also managed to buy and install brand new genuine side visors/weathershields.

Another modification ticked off the list. ;)

Liberty

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods