Member Profile - Peadya100

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Peadya100

Postby blacktop™ » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:05 pm

looking good adam :) i still havent spotted you yet :( always on the lookout!

i paid $200 to get my quad tips extended and get the muffler body straightened (cos it also hung on a slight angle) which tony from TCP said he'd pay half of cos he assured me that the tips would suit a wagon when they didn't, and now he refuses to reply to my PM's lol DICK!
blacktop™

Car: MY07 GT spec.B wagon 6MT

Postby bass_straitener » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:13 pm

peadya100 wrote:Ive had a crazy idea!
What if i got something light and large like a bean bag and put it in the boot? That would prevent the bass from the exhaust bouncing around in the boot and making the exhaust sound louder inside the car. Not practical if you need your boot space all the time, but for someone like me that rarely needs it, i can just leave the bean bag at home when needed.

Sound experts please consider and get back to me :lol:

I noticed you had some dynamat for sale.

Perhaps hang on to it and get it installed on the boot floor and under the passenger seats. I'm sure I've seen it done and the result was good.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby peadya100 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:19 pm

blacktop™ wrote:looking good adam :) i still havent spotted you yet :( always on the lookout!

i paid $200 to get my quad tips extended and get the muffler body straightened (cos it also hung on a slight angle) which tony from TCP said he'd pay half of cos he assured me that the tips would suit a wagon when they didn't, and now he refuses to reply to my PM's lol DICK!

Keep looking Ryan.. i have been around willoughby and chatswood a bit the past few weeks.
How do you find your exhaust noise in your wagon?
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby peadya100 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:20 pm

bass_straitener wrote:
What if i got something light and large like a bean bag and put it in the boot? That would prevent the bass from the exhaust bouncing around in the boot and making the exhaust sound louder inside the car. Not practical if you need your boot space all the time, but for someone like me that rarely needs it, i can just leave the bean bag at home when needed.

Perhaps hang on to it and get it installed on the boot floor and under the passenger seats. I'm sure I've seen it done and the result was good.

Im sure dynamat would do it... but id need to take out a mortgage on my house to pay for it all... how the hell can they justify the price of that stuff??? :lol:
Last edited by peadya100 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

peadya100
-stickered-

Postby shav » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:27 am

peadya100 wrote:
bass_straitener wrote:

Im sure dynamat would do it... but id need to take out a mortgage on my house to pay for it all... how the hell can the justify the price of that stuff??? :lol:

Buy it on ebay. Its a bit cheaper.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby peadya100 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:29 am

Im going to test my theory out tonight. Im going to fill the boot of my car with pillows and cushions and see if it reduces the noise in anyway. If it doesnt, id imagine nothing will really do much for reducing the noise. But if it does work, then this opens up a few options ive thought of. 1 being the bean bag idea i had, although im thinking that a more practical solution would be to get clark rubber to cut me some acoustic foam for the boot. I could then put my boot liner over that and still have a fairly practical boot space. The beauty of the foam is that its really light and nowhere near as expensive as dynamat.. also a lot less permanent too. One other option is to add a semi dense rubber layer as well as the acoustic foam.

Anyway, watch this space.. ill try a few options and report back for anyone else wanting to try and reduce noise inside a wagon.

peadya100
-stickered-

Postby bass_straitener » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:42 am

peadya100 wrote:Im going to test my theory out tonight. Im going to fill the boot of my car with pillows and cushions and see if it reduces the noise in anyway. If it doesnt, id imagine nothing will really do much for reducing the noise. But if it does work, then this opens up a few options ive thought of. 1 being the bean bag idea i had, although im thinking that a more practical solution would be to get clark rubber to cut me some acoustic foam for the boot. I could then put my boot liner over that and still have a fairly practical boot space. The beauty of the foam is that its really light and nowhere near as expensive as dynamat.. also a lot less permanent too. One other option is to add a semi dense rubber layer as well as the acoustic foam.

Anyway, watch this space.. ill try a few options and report back for anyone else wanting to try and reduce noise inside a wagon.

Off course reducing the volume of air in the boot would reduce the exhaust note resonance. But hardly a permanent solution. People will start to wonder if you sleep in there at night... :lol:

Maybe consider one of those rubber/PU mats that protect the boot and slip the foam underneath.

I have a double mat in the boot and rear passenger footwells to help keep the noise down. Seems to do the job nicely.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby alexeiwoody » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:44 am

Sweet muffs! Looking good :)

Btw my tcp quads sounded perfect until the mid and dump went on, now they drone a little. Ive been advised upsizing my middle muffler to a massive flat one should fix it...will be doing that sometime this year since the drone isn't too bad.

Looking forward to your updates mate :D

Hahaha bruce those cushions aren't for sleeping :wink:
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby peadya100 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:14 pm

bass_straitener wrote:
peadya100 wrote:Im going to test my theory out tonight. Im going to fill the boot of my car with pillows and cushions and see if it reduces the noise in anyway. If it doesnt, id imagine nothing will really do much for reducing the noise. But if it does work, then this opens up a few options ive thought of. 1 being the bean bag idea i had, although im thinking that a more practical solution would be to get clark rubber to cut me some acoustic foam for the boot. I could then put my boot liner over that and still have a fairly practical boot space. The beauty of the foam is that its really light and nowhere near as expensive as dynamat.. also a lot less permanent too. One other option is to add a semi dense rubber layer as well as the acoustic foam.

Off course reducing the volume of air in the boot would reduce the exhaust note resonance. But hardly a permanent solution. People will start to wonder if you sleep in there at night... :lol:

Maybe consider one of those rubber/PU mats that protect the boot and slip the foam underneath.

I have a double mat in the boot and rear passenger footwells to help keep the noise down. Seems to do the job nicely.

Hahaha No no im not putting the pillows in there to reduce the bootspace.. just as a test to see if foam will deaden the noise in anyway. :)

I do have one of those rubber/PU mats in my car so that was what i was hoping to do if the foam test works.. ill put a couple of layers under it and it would be almost invisible. Might try fill the empty space in the spare tyre well with some foam to stop that acting like and echo chamber too.

peadya100
-stickered-

Postby peadya100 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:14 pm

Testing Stage 1
Huge Success!!!
I only put 1 layer thick of pillows on the boot floor only and it made a massive difference!! So much so it sounded like the only exhaust noise i could hear was coming from outside the car.

Based on that alone im heading to clark rubber tomorrow to talk to them about the best material to use as a permanent solution. Im picturing something no greater than 50mm thick and light weight that if for some reason impeded my boot space i could just take out and leave it at home. i may even try filling the empty spaces in the spare tyre well to see if that makes a difference.

Im looking forward to the rest of the exhaust going on now to test out my solution. Although i dont see it being an issue at all now :D

peadya100
-stickered-

Postby Joshy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:47 pm

Hey man did the lights come?
Current: MY02 Gen 3 RX in White
Previous: MY06 Gen 4 2.0R in Newport Blue
Joshy

Car: MY02 Gen 3 RX in White
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22876

Postby peadya100 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Hey josh. I havent checked the mail today. Ill do it now and get bsck to you.

peadya100
-stickered-

Postby peadya100 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:04 pm

Well i went to clark rubber and after discussing my issue with the sale assistant, went for the acoustic foam.
Its 50mm thick so it doesnt take up much room in the boot, and it doesnt hurt that its the only foam they have that isnt yellow or blue :)
The acoustic foam is slightly dearer but not much.. it was only about $30 dearer than the other style of foam.
Long story short though, it definitely makes a big difference! You can still hear the exhaust, but its only about half as loud as without the acoustic foam.. and its not an echoey sound like it used to be.
Attachments
Boot Lining 1.jpg
Boot Lining 1.jpg (196.16 KiB) Viewed 5547 times
Boot Lining 2.jpg
Boot Lining 2.jpg (199.32 KiB) Viewed 5575 times
Last edited by peadya100 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

peadya100
-stickered-

Postby Boostaddict » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:23 pm

Fantastic work mate.!!

I would say that you are probably the first to try and succeed in this!!

Props to you.
Not a Subaru...... Something MUCH better

NOPE..... That's shit too. Bus anyone??
Boostaddict

Car: 07 LGT Tuned By Sti
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22537

Postby peadya100 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:30 pm

Boostaddict wrote:Fantastic work mate.!!

I would say that you are probably the first to try and succeed in this!!

Props to you.

Thanks!!
Surely im not the first to try... perhaps the first to try something other than dynamat. Id like to go in a car thats been dynamatted to see the difference, if there is any.

peadya100
-stickered-

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods