Member Profile - satogixxer's GT MY10 - 369kw atw

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - satogixxer's GT MY10 - 374KW ATW

Postby satogixxer » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:27 pm

So it’s been ages since I last posted an update...

Unfortunately, not much has happened lately and I am STILL waiting on the built gearbox, which is now more than 2 months overdue. I’m told it should be ready soon... but with Xmas approaching I know what’s going to happen (which is likely nothing until next year - but I’d loved to be surprised for a change!).

The only addition to the car recently is I finally got around to installing a fire extinguisher (using the Kap Industries bracket). An essential item for a car like mine, hopefully I’ll never have to use it though.

Note to Gen V owners - I discovered we need the 2015+ bracket and the install process is quite different! I must be the first Gen V owner to install one :?: since these differences were new to Russ too.

As such I’ve written up a quick install guide for the Gen V in case anyone else is attempting this.

Here’s the final product installed in my car - looks neat. :D

Another plan I’ve had for some time, which I may as well reveal now, is to replace the instrument cluster with a custom one.
Originally I thought about adding some gauges like most people do, but decided I needed something more versatile and feature rich. :wink:

So, I purchased a Motec C127 Race Logging Kit. :mrgreen:

However it hasn't been installed in the car yet and has been sitting in the box for 3 months now. :?

This is because I’m waiting on the final piece of the puzzle before it is installed, which is a custom carbon fibre instrument cluster to house the Motec in.

For this, I’m looking at getting Custom Cluster Development to make a cluster. They appear to make some fantastic great quality custom clusters.

I submitted a design to CCD similar to this one (but with my Motec C127 which has a bigger screen).

Since getting a quote from CCD though, I have now been waiting for months to hear back! :(

It seems extraordinarily difficult to get people to do work for you these days. Multiple e-mails, phone calls which just go straight to voicemail, and calls never returned. Even if they could respond advising when my job would commence, that would be something at least! :angry2:

Anyway, that's the plan and it'll be fantastic when it's done I reckon.

If anyone has dealt with CCD before please feel free to give them a nudge for me! :P
Last edited by satogixxer on Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Liberty GT MY10 6MT]: STI bits | STI Brembo's + Dixcel | DAMD D-shape | Cusco coilovers & sways | HKS LA clutch | BLITZ pod | Plazmaman FMIC | Deshele built EJ25 | Emtron ECU | BorgWarner EFR 7670 | 369kw atw
[Outback 3R MY04]: Stock as a rock
Profile video here
satogixxer

Car: '10 Liberty GT 6MT + '04 Outback 3R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20495

Postby dr20t » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:34 pm

Love it, Mick

As always very tastefully done

If you haven't already purchased the motec dash, look into the microtech pro Dash ltc logger - very similar features but alot cheaper (I'm looking at one for the gemi)
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Postby satogixxer » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:52 pm

Thanks Mick. The MicroTech looks pretty good too (and I see what you mean, about half the price) - but I've already bought and paid for the Motec.

One thing about the Motec I really like is how configurable it is, and it has a number of upgrade options available if I find I ever need them.
I also intend on using the Motec Display Creator to create customised screen layouts, as I already have in mind some specific requirements I would like for my setup.
[Liberty GT MY10 6MT]: STI bits | STI Brembo's + Dixcel | DAMD D-shape | Cusco coilovers & sways | HKS LA clutch | BLITZ pod | Plazmaman FMIC | Deshele built EJ25 | Emtron ECU | BorgWarner EFR 7670 | 369kw atw
Profile video here
satogixxer

Postby dr20t » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:55 pm

You do go all out, don't you! :)

Well done mate can't wait to see it

Mick
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Postby metalfx » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:01 pm

satogixxer wrote:It seems extraordinarily difficult to get people to do work for you these days. Multiple e-mails, phone calls which just go straight to voicemail, and calls never returned. Even if they could respond advising when my job would commence, that would be something at least!

I don't get businesses like this, I've had so many occasions in the last couple of years where I want to give businesses work (I'm in shipping) and I don't hear back.
And they talk about the economy being quite!
metalfx

Car: 09 Liberty GT Spec.B Wagon

Postby HardwareBoB » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:06 pm

That's awesome - I considered building an entirely custom dash myself, but ultimately it came down to time, so I just custom made one the same, and added the screen.

... I still haven't finished it though! So much tweaking and re-tweaking and fiddling. Custom dashes are cool, but it's a lot of fiddling to get just-so
HardwareBoB

Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Postby satogixxer » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:43 pm

Thanks Matt - have been following your build thread (love your work!) and saw your custom cluster, looks great.

I'm hoping to have mine complete before Xmas (fingers crossed)...
Profile video here
satogixxer

Postby Libacy Gt » Fri May 05, 2017 12:10 pm

Hows this build going Michael? Gearbox sorted?
Libacy Gt

Car: Lib Gt Wagon Gen 5, 5EAT 2011
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34162

Postby satogixxer » Sat May 06, 2017 2:55 pm

Basically nothing has happened with anything since my last post <sigh>. Can't say I'm surprised though. :roll:

Still waiting on Bruce from Custom Cluster Development to finish my cluster so I can fit my Motec C127. I submitted the design in Sep last year and sent a stock instrument cluster to CCD in December so they could start work. It shouldn't take this long!

And, as for the built gearbox.... I gave up on PAR entirely after waiting almost a year. Ridiculous.

I'm starting to think I'll die of old age before this car is ever finished. I'm sure my mental health is suffering from just "waiting" for things to, maybe, eventuate. :crazy:

Anyway thankfully as of this week I can say there is some light at the end of the tunnel (and not because I've died of old age).

The plan now is to do a gearbox conversion to a WRX STI 6 speed instead.

Not an easy job I'm told. Custom fabrication needed to fit the STI gearbox and move the engine mount position. The headers need to be redesigned and wastegates moved as well. Will also replace driveline components and clutch etc. The car has been back and forth to G88 a few times in the past months to get measurements taken etc. to see if it is possible.

This should be a much better long term solution as well, since various components of my car should then be interchangeable with WRX STI parts, of which there are heaps more options available (i.e. a sequential gearbox should just drop in, hmmmmm).

Work should be underway in June... fingers crossed everything goes to plan!
Profile video here
satogixxer

Postby applegeek897 » Sat May 06, 2017 3:32 pm

Sequential sounds like a good thing.
Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -
applegeek897

Car: 05' 3R-B Wagon, 00' Daihatsu Cuore
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31247

Postby satogixxer » Sat May 06, 2017 4:00 pm

applegeek897 wrote:Sequential sounds like a good thing.

Hehe sure, but lots of $$$$$$ !!
Profile video here
satogixxer

Postby Libacy Gt » Sat May 06, 2017 4:23 pm

I can imagine the frustration, Good luck, looking forward to the end result
Libacy Gt

Postby satogixxer » Sat May 06, 2017 6:16 pm

Niz22 wrote:I can imagine the frustration, Good luck, looking forward to the end result

Thanks, me too.

In other (old) news I no longer have the bike unfortunately - it was written off last year due to an Asian lady who couldn't drive for shit, and did something completely unexpected. :x

So picked up an MY04 Outback 3R instead which my parents were selling, since I really needed a second car anyway.

I've had it for a year now and am more than happy with it - makes a good daily and also super convenient for when I go hiking/camping/offroad etc. It now has 385,000kms on the clock and is still going strong. :)
Profile video here
satogixxer

Postby Libacy Gt » Sat May 06, 2017 7:15 pm

satogixxer wrote:
Niz22 wrote:I can imagine the frustration, Good luck, looking forward to the end result

Thanks, me too.

In other (old) news I no longer have the bike unfortunately - it was written off last year due to an Asian lady who couldn't drive for shit, and did something completely unexpected. :x

So picked up an MY04 Outback 3R instead which my parents were selling, since I really needed a second car anyway.

I've had it for a year now and am more than happy with it - makes a good daily and also super convenient for when I go hiking/camping/offroad etc. It now has 385,000kms on the clock and is still going strong. :)

I previously had the same car. Bullet proof is all I can describe that engine.i absolutely thrashed that car. Tonnes of torque. Handling is surprisingly good too. Smooth as anything. Miss the outback lol.
Libacy Gt

Postby applegeek897 » Sun May 07, 2017 12:21 pm

satogixxer wrote:

Thanks, me too.

Epic stuff man, H6's really are special. Plus they love km, mines got 347K and is also going strong.
Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -
applegeek897

Car: 05' 3R-B Wagon, 00' Daihatsu Cuore
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31247

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods