Member Profile - satogixxer's GT MY10 - 369kw atw

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - satogixxer's GT MY10 - 374KW ATW

Postby satogixxer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:57 pm

applegeek897 wrote:Wow man that is crazy, I feel insufficient only having 355,000km's. The H6 really is impressive, but not as much as your Gen 5, so happy to see you progressing with it man!

Thanks mate, can't wait till this thing is back on the road... been too long yet again.

dr20t wrote:Well done mick

Really loving that update

Especially impressed with the cluster

Can't wait to go for a ride once retuned

Thanks Mick, I'll be sure to give you a call as soon as the retune is finished. I reckon it's still a while off yet though. Mainly waiting on Scott and it's very hard to get his time.

superjoshism wrote:How difficult was the STi gearbox swap?!

It was a non-trivial exercise?

Relaying what I've been told... Hopefully I've got all these details correct but not entirely sure.
- Fabricated new engine mounts, so the engine is now fully supported by the mounts. The original Gen 5 gearbox is part of the engine mounting, which is no longer the case after the conversion which is great.
- The engine position has been moved and also raised higher than before (another good thing considering the low mount turbo). The gear lever position and whether it would line up or need to be modified was a bit of an unknown, but the position worked out fine.
- Other items requiring modification or replacement due to these changes, i.e. tail shaft modified due to different length, new 12kg non-DCCD centre diff, upgraded rear diff to R180, new driveshafts, etc.

Apparently everything worked out perfect with no doubt some engineering nous which is beyond me.

Small update - had the tyres fitted to the new wheels this week. 2 of the wheels didn't even need balancing weights! Nice. 8)

Looks fantastic... Unfortunately no pics with the car on the ground yet, but I can tell will fill the guards better with the 19" wheels. :D

Last edited by satogixxer on Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Liberty GT MY10 6MT]: STI bits | STI Brembo's + Dixcel | DAMD D-shape | Cusco coilovers & sways | HKS LA clutch | BLITZ pod | Plazmaman FMIC | Deshele built EJ25 | Emtron ECU | BorgWarner EFR 7670 | 369kw atw
[Outback 3R MY04]: Stock as a rock
Profile video here
satogixxer

Car: '10 Liberty GT 6MT + '04 Outback 3R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20495

Postby jslayz » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:27 pm

looking forward to some on ground pics n some vids!
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby superjoshism » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:21 pm

satogixxer wrote:
superjoshism wrote:How difficult was the STi gearbox swap?!

It was a non-trivial exercise?

Relaying what I've been told... Hopefully I've got all these details correct but not entirely sure.
- Fabricated new engine mounts, so the engine is now fully supported by the mounts. The original Gen 5 gearbox is part of the engine mounting, which is no longer the case after the conversion which is great.
- The engine position has been moved and also raised higher than before (another good thing considering the low mount turbo). The gear lever position and whether it would line up or need to be modified was a bit of an unknown, but the position worked out fine.
- Other items requiring modification or replacement due to these changes, i.e. tail shaft modified due to different length, new 12kg non-DCCD centre diff, upgraded rear diff to R180, new driveshafts, etc.

My mistake for the vague question, I just got a bit excited seeing someone outside of the US has actually had an STi box put in! Congratulations mate, all the hard work looks like it's paying dividends.
superjoshism

Postby Libacy Gt » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:27 pm

hey mate
whats going on with this build?
Libacy Gt

Car: Lib Gt Wagon Gen 5, 5EAT 2011
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34162

Postby satogixxer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:16 pm

So life, and especially my work, has meant I've had little time these days to post updates... Car has been back on the road and going well, dare I say it feels like it's finally almost finished? (although is it ever, really...)

Would love to post a proper update, but just don't have time any more so some short comments and pics will have to do for now!

My custom cluster and Motec dash was finally installed early this year. Still haven't had a chance to play with a custom display setup, but I intend to eventually.

And my version of SI Drive?

Did a track day at SMSP Grand Prix circuit a few weeks ago. Glad I'd kept my 18" ZE40's and AD08R rubber.
Car is FAST. Even though was being safe and also driving on low boost, peak GPS speed I recorded was 217kph and my best lap time was 1:56
Really wondering what this thing is capable of and want to get back to another track day soon!

Caught up with Leo last Saturday. He had installed LED halos for me more than a year ago, but we never had the opportunity for some proper photos. Really happy with them, they look great!

Also very happy with how the car looks now when on the street wheels (19" Advan RS-DF), car sits pretty much perfect.
Apparently with the Rays Volk ZE40's & Yokohama Advan RS-DF, I own 2 of Leo's top 3 favourite wheels! Lol

Maybe one day I'll post a more detailed update, but that's it for now. Enjoy. :P
Last edited by satogixxer on Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[Liberty GT MY10 6MT]: STI bits | STI Brembo's + Dixcel | DAMD D-shape | Cusco coilovers & sways | HKS LA clutch | BLITZ pod | Plazmaman FMIC | Deshele built EJ25 | Emtron ECU | BorgWarner EFR 7670 | 369kw atw
Profile video here
satogixxer

Postby bigBADbenny » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:47 pm

Moar detail would be welcome but that’s an absolutely awesome post! :shock:
Don’t work too hard :air_kiss:
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby satogixxer » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:34 pm

Thanks Benny! Unfortunately we have to work, so we can afford to play... :(
Profile video here
satogixxer

Postby Libacy Gt » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:30 pm

what a build mate. so what power are you at now? whats left to do?
Libacy Gt

Postby hks180 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:28 pm

Great catch up !!! and great to see the car finally hitting the road and track !

I'll wait for my ride when you go to roll racing :butcher: :butcher: Chop chop time ! haha
[TEAM FUNERAL]
HID & LED >> CLICK HERE
hks180

Re: Member Profile - satogixxer's GT MY10 - 350kw atw

Postby satogixxer » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:20 pm

hks180 wrote:Great catch up !!! and great to see the car finally hitting the road and track !

I'll wait for my ride when you go to roll racing Chop chop time ! haha

Was good to catch up - unfortunately I missed last Friday's roll racing... next time! Will let you know when I'm going! :wink:

Libacy Gt wrote:what a build mate. so what power are you at now? whats left to do?

So after the most recent tune and tweaks, peak power has been dialled back and now 350kw at the wheels. However, torque has increased and comes on a bit earlier, so it's not a bad thing.

Also, the power delivery seems smoother than before (the overall feel is more refined), and I no longer suffer from compressor surge which was happening sometimes on partial throttle. Probably due in part to the redesigned headers.

There's still a few things I want to get done, and little issues to fix up but nothing major any more... at least I hope not.

Probably most of the changes from now will be associated with the Motec display... e.g. currently I have 4 different boost levels I can choose from (15psi, 20psi, 23psi, and 28psi), and I can see which setting is active by looking at the buttons where the SI drive used to be - but it would be better to also display this on the Motec so I don't need to look down (likely will utilise the side LEDs in this case). I hope to play with the display creator software eventually as well and try to make a custom display setup, if I ever find time...

Anyway here's the latest dyno graph! :mrgreen:

- red line shows highest boost setting of 28psi
- blue line is the 2nd lowest boost setting of 20psi (I did the track day on this mode)

Last edited by satogixxer on Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profile video here
satogixxer

Postby Tonic » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:36 am

This post has popped up over the years when I hit the view new posts..... gotta say it is a very impressive build. :shock: Kudos to you for getting it this far and what, more than doubling stock output?
One question though. And it is a silly little thing......
Why have you not upgraded to a mesh grill? I am all for wolf in sheep’s clothing but.... This one little cosmetic thing seems to transform the Liberty from mum and dad’s car to gangsta instantly....
Also, if you don’t mind me asking, how much was the engine rebuild with the all forged bits?
Tonic

Car: 06 Liberty 3.0RB now 09 facelift

Postby satogixxer » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:35 pm

I've thought about changing to the mesh grill, but to be honest I actually LIKE the stock grill!

Maybe I'm one of the rare few that do.. but whatever, I'm not going to change the grill just because everyone else does. The chrome matches the other chrome bits on the car and adds some contrast in my opinion. If I was to change it though I would probably then black out all the chrome, but not sure I'm sold on the look.

The Deshele Performance 450kw engine package I got was around $12k from memory.
Profile video here
satogixxer

Postby Libacy Gt » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:45 pm

nice work, the cleanest Gen v liberty build ive seen ( i know there arent many but still lol) Good luck in the future with your car, update the thread whenever necessary, its valuable information for those future lurkers.
Libacy Gt

Postby satogixxer » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:52 pm

Cheers mate. Oh and in other news, my Outback 3R daily just keeps on going! This happened last week. :shock:

Last edited by satogixxer on Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Profile video here
satogixxer

Postby bigBADbenny » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:57 pm

I had a good squint at the pics...

That’s truly an “I got what I paid for” dyno graph, inspirational!

and to think the setup is detuned by 25%, or moar...

Its simply sensational and kudos to everyone involved in the build.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods