Member Profile - Poida GT

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Poida GT

Postby PoidaGT » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:57 pm

peadya100 wrote:
PoidaGT wrote:Finally got all my dents removed today.
I used Ding King after a referral from "peadya100" (http://www.dingking.com.au)
It took him 3 hours and he only charged me $250 which is a bargain.
Really happy with the results too.


I wish he had a referral program. Im giving him tonnes of business :lol: . Glad youre happy with the results.... for that price its hard to complain!!


It was a great tip, so cheap compared to the other guys.
[2007 Liberty GT wagon - Auto - IHI VF52 Turbo - Invidia Down pipe - X Force Centre and Y Pipe, AVO TMIC - PSR intake & headers - Whiteline swaybars & LCA Bushes,] Dixcel slotted rotors & pads MSR Dyno Tune 200kw atw
User avatar
PoidaGT
-stickered-
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:23 pm
Location: Sydney NSW
Car: Porsche 911 Turbo / VW Passat R type
Real name: Peter
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19762

Re: Member Profile - Poida GT

Postby PoidaGT » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:53 pm

Well my head gasket issue has now got a whole lot worse and it's time to get it fixed.
I had a radiator hose burst on me last week and I thought it was a simple fix. Wrong!
After I replaced the hose and topped up the coolant, it overheated again within 15 minutes of normal driving.
The gasket leaks exhaust into the water jacket and its now got bigger and it pushes coolant out of the overflow bottle under boost.
I can drive up to 30 minutes after topping up with water and driving carefully trying not to get on boost.
I have booked in to have the head gasket fixed in the 11th of December with MSR.
It will take 2 days for a full engine out fix.
Mick is also going to put new piston rings and high tensile head bolts in that the same time.
$3K to do the lot.
[2007 Liberty GT wagon - Auto - IHI VF52 Turbo - Invidia Down pipe - X Force Centre and Y Pipe, AVO TMIC - PSR intake & headers - Whiteline swaybars & LCA Bushes,] Dixcel slotted rotors & pads MSR Dyno Tune 200kw atw
User avatar
PoidaGT
-stickered-
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:23 pm
Location: Sydney NSW
Car: Porsche 911 Turbo / VW Passat R type
Real name: Peter
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19762

Re: Member Profile - Poida GT

Postby PoidaGT » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:03 pm

Sold the Golf GTI 2 weeks ago.
I have now got a new company car and have given the Lib to the wife to ferry the kids around in (she was driving the GTI previously)
As soon as the GTI was sold, the rear brakes went metal on metal on the lib.
rego was also due and my local mechanic failed my pink slip because my two front tyres were nearing the indicators (weren't illegal yet)
As soon as the brakes, tyres and rego were sorted, the radiator hose and head gasket went.
It's been a bad month!
[2007 Liberty GT wagon - Auto - IHI VF52 Turbo - Invidia Down pipe - X Force Centre and Y Pipe, AVO TMIC - PSR intake & headers - Whiteline swaybars & LCA Bushes,] Dixcel slotted rotors & pads MSR Dyno Tune 200kw atw
User avatar
PoidaGT
-stickered-
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:23 pm
Location: Sydney NSW
Car: Porsche 911 Turbo / VW Passat R type
Real name: Peter
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19762

Re: Member Profile - Poida GT

Postby Newbie GT » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:08 pm

PoidaGT wrote:Well my head gasket issue has now got a whole lot worse and it's time to get it fixed.
I had a radiator hose burst on me last week and I thought it was a simple fix. Wrong!
After I replaced the hose and topped up the coolant, it overheated again within 15 minutes of normal driving.
The gasket leaks exhaust into the water jacket and its now got bigger and it pushes coolant out of the overflow bottle under boost.
I can drive up to 30 minutes after topping up with water and driving carefully trying not to get on boost.
I have booked in to have the head gasket fixed in the 11th of December with MSR.
It will take 2 days for a full engine out fix.
Mick is also going to put new piston rings and high tensile head bolts in that the same time.
$3K to do the lot.


MSR is a good fella
Newbie GT
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Victoria

Re: Member Profile - Poida GT

Postby shav » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:44 am

Sorry to hear of the issues you've had with the head gaskets Peter. Hope you get it sorted soon. 3k is a lot of coin to get this fixed.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
User avatar
shav
 
Posts: 3607
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:01 pm
Location: Adelaide, Southern Suburbs
Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Real name: Shav
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Re: Member Profile - Poida GT

Postby Newbie GT » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Have you shopped round ?
Newbie GT
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Victoria

Re: Member Profile - Poida GT

Postby PoidaGT » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Newbie GT wrote:Have you shopped round ?


Yep, Subaru at Castle Hill quoted $3k as we'll but they won't do high tensile head bolts and want extra to do the new piston rings. MSR fixes the standard Subaru piston ring issue which normally makes them consume oil.
I don't really trust anyone else but MSR to do the engine work.
[2007 Liberty GT wagon - Auto - IHI VF52 Turbo - Invidia Down pipe - X Force Centre and Y Pipe, AVO TMIC - PSR intake & headers - Whiteline swaybars & LCA Bushes,] Dixcel slotted rotors & pads MSR Dyno Tune 200kw atw
User avatar
PoidaGT
-stickered-
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:23 pm
Location: Sydney NSW
Car: Porsche 911 Turbo / VW Passat R type
Real name: Peter
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19762

Re: Member Profile - Poida GT

Postby Newbie GT » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:23 pm

PoidaGT wrote:
Newbie GT wrote:Have you shopped round ?


Yep, Subaru at Castle Hill quoted $3k as we'll but they won't do high tensile head bolts and want extra to do the new piston rings. MSR fixes the standard Subaru piston ring issue which normally makes them consume oil.
I don't really trust anyone else but MSR to do the engine work.
Newbie GT
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Victoria

Re: Member Profile - Poida GT

Postby shav » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:53 am

PoidaGT wrote:
Newbie GT wrote:Have you shopped round ?


Yep, Subaru at Castle Hill quoted $3k as we'll but they won't do high tensile head bolts and want extra to do the new piston rings. MSR fixes the standard Subaru piston ring issue which normally makes them consume oil.
I don't really trust anyone else but MSR to do the engine work.


That's a fair call. Sometimes peace of mind is priceless. Let us know how you go.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
User avatar
shav
 
Posts: 3607
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:01 pm
Location: Adelaide, Southern Suburbs
Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Real name: Shav
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Re: Member Profile - Poida GT

Postby PoidaGT » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:58 pm

Picked up my GT on Thursday afternoon after my partial engine rebuild.
Mick said it was one of the worst head gasket issues he has ever seen.
It's now got brand new OEM pistons and rings as well.
It's been detuned for its 1500km run in period.
I'm going back at the end of January to get it retuned.
Mick said I could get 5% to 10% power increase with the new piston rings if I run it in correctly.
[2007 Liberty GT wagon - Auto - IHI VF52 Turbo - Invidia Down pipe - X Force Centre and Y Pipe, AVO TMIC - PSR intake & headers - Whiteline swaybars & LCA Bushes,] Dixcel slotted rotors & pads MSR Dyno Tune 200kw atw
User avatar
PoidaGT
-stickered-
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:23 pm
Location: Sydney NSW
Car: Porsche 911 Turbo / VW Passat R type
Real name: Peter
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19762

Re: Member Profile - Poida GT

Postby peadya100 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:33 am

PoidaGT wrote:Picked up my GT on Thursday afternoon after my partial engine rebuild.
Mick said it was one of the worst head gasket issues he has ever seen.
It's now got brand new OEM pistons and rings as well.
It's been detuned for its 1500km run in period.
I'm going back at the end of January to get it retuned.
Mick said I could get 5% to 10% power increase with the new piston rings if I run it in correctly.


Wow I didnt realise you were getting it done so soon!
Thats excellent news! Best xmas present ever haha
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
User avatar
peadya100
-stickered-
 
Posts: 2242
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:21 pm
Location: Norah Head, Central Coast
Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Real name: Adam
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Re: Member Profile - Poida GT

Postby Newbie GT » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:16 am

PoidaGT wrote:Picked up my GT on Thursday afternoon after my partial engine rebuild.
Mick said it was one of the worst head gasket issues he has ever seen.
It's now got brand new OEM pistons and rings as well.
It's been detuned for its 1500km run in period.
I'm going back at the end of January to get it retuned.
Mick said I could get 5% to 10% power increase with the new piston rings if I run it in correctly.


Great peter how long did it take and total cost ?
Newbie GT
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Victoria

Re: Member Profile - Poida GT

Postby shav » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Good to hear the car still lives. Keen to hear how well it goes after run in
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
User avatar
shav
 
Posts: 3607
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:01 pm
Location: Adelaide, Southern Suburbs
Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Real name: Shav
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Re: Member Profile - Poida GT

Postby PoidaGT » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:52 pm

Got my Lib retuned today and it's now back to normal running conditions.
I can feel the engine is definitely more responsive off boost due to higher compression.
Overall power feels like it's up right across the rev range and it comes on boost earlier too.
I had an oil leak off the main crank pulley seal and drivers side cam wasn't advancing due to an oil blockage.
All fixed now however it was a very expensive exercise to go through.
It's running really well and I'm happy to have it working normally again.
[2007 Liberty GT wagon - Auto - IHI VF52 Turbo - Invidia Down pipe - X Force Centre and Y Pipe, AVO TMIC - PSR intake & headers - Whiteline swaybars & LCA Bushes,] Dixcel slotted rotors & pads MSR Dyno Tune 200kw atw
User avatar
PoidaGT
-stickered-
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:23 pm
Location: Sydney NSW
Car: Porsche 911 Turbo / VW Passat R type
Real name: Peter
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19762

Re: Member Profile - Poida GT

Postby peadya100 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:38 pm

PoidaGT wrote:Got my Lib retuned today and it's now back to normal running conditions.
I can feel the engine is definitely more responsive off boost due to higher compression.
Overall power feels like it's up right across the rev range and it comes on boost earlier too.
I had an oil leak off the main crank pulley seal and drivers side cam wasn't advancing due to an oil blockage.
All fixed now however it was a very expensive exercise to go through.
It's running really well and I'm happy to have it working normally again.


Great news!
Must be like driving a brand new car now!
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
User avatar
peadya100
-stickered-
 
Posts: 2242
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:21 pm
Location: Norah Head, Central Coast
Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Real name: Adam
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: IllusiveGiraffe and 21 guests