Member Profile - Shav *07 Liberty GT Premium*

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Shav

Postby t.renshaw34 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:18 am

Feel free to inbox me for some good whiteline pricing :).
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby shav » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:25 pm

Stomps wrote:IMO- best bang for buck for these cars is swaybars...

whiteline swaybars front and rear ~$300 - fit yourself
AVO or Cusco rear swaybar mount- $140- fit yourself
Whiteline links front and rear- $280- fit yourself
Anti lift kit or LCA rear bushes- $117- will need to get pressed in
LCA front bushes- $38- will need to get pressed in (dont fail often but may aswell replace while the arms are out to fit the rears)

Honestly, these cars are fat heavy bastards.. getting them to handle properly is very satisfying...

great post Stomps. Cheers for that. Looks like for less than $1000 you could these cars handling excellent over stock. Not bad at all. It's certainly something I reckon will be next on the cards.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby shav » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:51 pm

t.renshaw34 wrote:Feel free to inbox me for some good whiteline pricing :).

thanks mate. will do. Im a whiteline fan. :mrgreen:
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Stomps » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:16 pm

shav wrote:
Stomps wrote:IMO- best bang for buck for these cars is swaybars...

whiteline swaybars front and rear ~$300 - fit yourself
AVO or Cusco rear swaybar mount- $140- fit yourself
Whiteline links front and rear- $280- fit yourself
Anti lift kit or LCA rear bushes- $117- will need to get pressed in
LCA front bushes- $38- will need to get pressed in (dont fail often but may aswell replace while the arms are out to fit the rears)

Honestly, these cars are fat heavy bastards.. getting them to handle properly is very satisfying...

great post Stomps. Cheers for that. Looks like for less than $1000 you could these cars handling excellent over stock. Not bad at all. It's certainly something I reckon will be next on the cards.

no worries mate.. get in touch with someone like Taylor for the whiteline gear... the website is a ripoff and will just rape your wallet..

you can fit the bars and links with basic tools like spanners and a ratchet set.. front factory links you will need an allen key..

use of a rattle gun definitely helps with the rear swaybar mounts.. definitely get some.. when you come to fitting the rear bar you will understand.. the factory mount is so flimsy it may as well be made of cheese..
STI lip, Whiteline suspension goodies, KIDO tune.. more to come..

My Track z20 soarer
built 1jz, 35r +44mm gate, HKS 264's, Titanium valve springs, microjunk, cage, no interior, welded diff = skids ahoy
Stomps

Car: Soarer jzz20, Gen1/Gen 4 Libs

Postby shav » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:04 pm

Stomps wrote:
no worries mate.. get in touch with someone like Taylor for the whiteline gear... the website is a ripoff and will just rape your wallet..

you can fit the bars and links with basic tools like spanners and a ratchet set.. front factory links you will need an allen key..

use of a rattle gun definitely helps with the rear swaybar mounts.. definitely get some.. when you come to fitting the rear bar you will understand.. the factory mount is so flimsy it may as well be made of cheese..

haha, I'll take ya word for it. Stiffening up the body roll and making the car handle corners is definitely a must. Thanks for your advice.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby shav » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Lads - was looking at getting a high flow panel filter. Matt from Kido recommends the HKS panel filters. Just wondering where to buy one and I saw these on ebay.

Is this a good buy, or can I get it else where?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HKS-SUPER-HY ... 519wt_1397
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby cruisn » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:24 pm

Phat supplies them for $70 to your door iirc.
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby shav » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:28 pm

cruisn wrote:Phat supplies them for $70 to your door iirc.

sick, I'll send him a PM.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby shav » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:03 am

Getting car serviced with S&J today. Got a call up regarding brake pads being right down. Ended up going with their MRT sports pad, brake machine and labor. Wondering if anyone has used these pads before? I was wanting a better brake feel than standard. Will I get this?
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby mynameisdaniel » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:14 am

Not sure about the pads but should've spoken to someone at SnJ about it. They know their stuff. If they recommended them they won't be crap :)
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Postby shav » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:57 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:Not sure about the pads but should've spoken to someone at SnJ about it. They know their stuff. If they recommended them they won't be crap :)

Thanks Dan, the guy from S&J assured me that they are a popular choice with GT and WRX owners. I have never heard them before thats all. Just wanted someone who has had them or knows of reviews about them that could give some feedback. I have no doubt the guys there have given top advice. But dam, they are pricey. Hope they are as good as they say.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Rome_BRZ » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:35 pm

MRT pads? How pricey are we talking?
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby shav » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Rome_STI wrote:MRT pads? How pricey are we talking?

well was told rotors will need to be remachined. Labor and pads = $370??? on top of $195 service. :cry:

from what I've read on the MRT site, the pads cost $185 for front only. Does that sound like a good deal?
http://www.mrtperformance.com.au/produc ... cat%3DPads

But I havent picked up car yet so dont know if its 370 inc service or 370 on top of service. My guess is, its the latter.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby t.renshaw34 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:28 pm

$185 for a set of 4 pads? That's a good price.
$100 for machining 4 rotors
$85 to fit new pads.

Only guessing prices but that's around the going rate.
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby shav » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:14 pm

t.renshaw34 wrote:$185 for a set of 4 pads? That's a good price.
$100 for machining 4 rotors
$85 to fit new pads.

Only guessing prices but that's around the going rate.

That was for front brakes only. In saying that, I inherited steering wheel wobble under brakes so I took the car back and Sean kindly fitted a fresh machined pair of rear rotors to hopefully alleviate the steering wheel pulsing under brake load.has helped but still feel some mild vibration. I can live with it but I will eventually upgrade rotors to slotted units. The new pads feel better than oem ones. Has more bite and takes less pedal pressure to get the car stopped. Overall Im happy with the outcome and with s&j's service.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods