Member Profile - Shav *07 Liberty GT Premium*

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Shav *new external detail pg47*

Postby peadya100 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:58 pm

Haha. Ill stand by the bet :-)
Which dyno in newcastle did you go to? Your dyno shert says ultra tune??
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby jarrenowen » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:00 pm

lovely :D
matt tuned it at erina ultra tune mainline dyno, along with another members tbsti liberty.
jarrenowen

Car: 2007 Liberty Gt Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31061

Postby alexeiwoody » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:29 pm

I've owned 2 Liberties now.

The 2006 tbSti made 170kw on the Pulse dyno in Sydney - bone stock.

The 2007 GT made 150kw on the RTR dyno in Melbourne on an e-tune (and then Matt Kido squeezed another 10kw after tuning for 3 hours). So for a total of 160kwatw, with a full TBE, AVO TMIC, TS BOV, silicone turbo inlet etc.

Guess which car was significantly quicker and more impressive to drive? The GT, even on the e-tune.

The mods and a competent tune make a good car. Same mods, both with decent tune? You probably have an identical car.

Dynos are tools for tuning, not for comparing top end figures between different states. Take the same car to the same dyno on a different day, it'll read differently. Imagine what happens between different dynos altogether.

Also Shav, I don't believe you have a TC function in your car (same model as mine). Have you ever seen the TC light flash?

Seeing as everyone got somewhat low figures than standard, probably just a tough dyno.
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby jslayz » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:46 pm

My first run bone stock at Maximum motorsport rolling road was 100kw and after tune 121kw. Felt awesome after the tune. Dynos are relative tools.
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby shav » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:17 pm

alexeiwoody wrote:I've owned 2 Liberties now.

The 2006 tbSti made 170kw on the Pulse dyno in Sydney - bone stock.

The 2007 GT made 150kw on the RTR dyno in Melbourne on an e-tune (and then Matt Kido squeezed another 10kw after tuning for 3 hours). So for a total of 160kwatw, with a full TBE, AVO TMIC, TS BOV, silicone turbo inlet etc.

Guess which car was significantly quicker and more impressive to drive? The GT, even on the e-tune.

The mods and a competent tune make a good car. Same mods, both with decent tune? You probably have an identical car.

Dynos are tools for tuning, not for comparing top end figures between different states. Take the same car to the same dyno on a different day, it'll read differently. Imagine what happens between different dynos altogether.

Also Shav, I don't believe you have a TC function in your car (same model as mine). Have you ever seen the TC light flash?

Seeing as everyone got somewhat low figures than standard, probably just a tough dyno.

I have a button on the LHS of the dash next to the steering column which can turn the TC light on or off. Its always on as standard, you have to physically press the button to turn it off and then the light comes on saying its officially off. Remember mine is the Premium LGT with VDC.

Yes this dyno had a really big vibration from the front which was a bit weird and there were some read outs that were higher and lower than expected from members there. Hard to say other than I need to get it redynoed from another independent place to compare. In saying this, when I had the car first dynoed, it made 135kwatw with just a tune when I first bought the car. Towler Performance Dyno. Different time of year/day. A 28kw atw gain between now and then is good I guess, but I was expecting better. Im not gonna cry over spilt milk about it. It's just a number and the car feels strong and torquey. I reckon a VF52 would probably push it closer to 180ish yeah on 98/100 ron and lots more mid range? Not worried about eflex/E85.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby shav » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:28 pm

jacks-GTB wrote:I almost bought those damd skirts shav....you beat me to it :(

:D sorry bloke. The deal was too good to refuse and I want the car finished off in the looks department. Hoping this will do the trick.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby alexeiwoody » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:02 pm

shav wrote:I have a button on the LHS of the dash next to the steering column which can turn the TC light on or off. Its always on as standard, you have to physically press the button to turn it off and then the light comes on saying its officially off. Remember mine is the Premium LGT with VDC.

Yes this dyno had a really big vibration from the front which was a bit weird and there were some read outs that were higher and lower than expected from members there. Hard to say other than I need to get it redynoed from another independent place to compare. In saying this, when I had the car first dynoed, it made 135kwatw with just a tune when I first bought the car. Towler Performance Dyno. Different time of year/day. A 28kw atw gain between now and then is good I guess, but I was expecting better. Im not gonna cry over spilt milk about it. It's just a number and the car feels strong and torquey. I reckon a VF52 would probably push it closer to 180ish yeah on 98/100 ron and lots more mid range? Not worried about eflex/E85.

Mine is also a Premium MY07 LGT (built end of 2006) with all the bits and bobs, but no traction control, not even a hint of the wiring where some models have the option of installing the button - and never lights up on the dash. Subaru really like to mix and mash their models...

If you get it dynoed again - play around with the switch. It will be interesting to see if it makes any difference, and you'll have your answer :)

E85 is a game changer on turbo cars, and vf52 is what the GT should have come with from factory (I wouldn't spend more than $1000 on one though - for the gains). Any serious torque increase on an ageing EJ255....you'd want to save up for the rebuild, which will inevitably happen.

shav wrote:

:D sorry bloke. The deal was too good to refuse and I want the car finished off in the looks department. Hoping this will do the trick.

Congrats shav! Mine are finally going on in a month or so (after 5 months of being garaged :cry: :oops: ). Jackson and I would have had an almost identical exterior...bar the wheels... :lol:
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby shav » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:42 pm

alexeiwoody wrote:Mine is also a Premium MY07 LGT (built end of 2006) with all the bits and bobs, but no traction control, not even a hint of the wiring where some models have the option of installing the button - and never lights up on the dash. Subaru really like to mix and mash their models...

If you get it dynoed again - play around with the switch. It will be interesting to see if it makes any difference, and you'll have your answer :)

E85 is a game changer on turbo cars, and vf52 is what the GT should have come with from factory (I wouldn't spend more than $1000 on one though - for the gains). Any serious torque increase on an ageing EJ255....you'd want to save up for the rebuild, which will inevitably happen.

shav wrote:

Congrats shav! Mine are finally going on in a month or so (after 5 months of being garaged :cry: :oops: ). Jackson and I would have had an almost identical exterior...bar the wheels... :lol:

Id love to consider E85 but I just dont have a station anywhere near me at the moment. So its out of the question. As for VF52, its probably the only thing worth considering and then keeping the tune semi conservative for longevity reasons. But that's only if I decide to venture down that path. At the moment, the car is a license killer now. So more power is only going to boost my own ego. haha. Plus I am looking to upgrade the car in a couple of years time so want to keep any further mods to a minimum.

Hoping the DAMD skirts are the way to go too. But the amount of popularity it seems they are. haha Will be good to join you DAMD boys. Going to the snow in late August/Sept and taking the lib there so I'll get some snow pics later on in the year with the car looking the way I want it.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby shav » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:20 am

Just received a call from Owen. The skirts and pods have finished being made in Japan. Will be on way over by next week to Australia. :mrgreen:
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby peadya100 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:45 pm

Cant wait to see them on!
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby shav » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:48 am

peadya100 wrote:Cant wait to see them on!

Same. Looking at spring options too. Not looking to spend big money at this point so probably going to go with an affordable option for now.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Encino Man » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:39 pm

Haha yea sorry mate.. After having that chat with you on Dyno day, it just reiterated my thoughts of going back to my pink springs!
Encino Man

Car: MY07 Liberty 3.0RB

Postby shav » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:24 pm

Encino Man wrote:Haha yea sorry mate.. After having that chat with you on Dyno day, it just reiterated my thoughts of going back to my pink springs!

All good Chris.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby unisafe » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:08 pm

I've got a down pipe and road tune from Matt ,and my mates 09' WRX basically stock (CBE), with 4 passengers seems to accelerate (150kwatw) much faster than my auto TBSTI.
150 kwatw wheels is what I would expect from mine, so I reckon if you had another crack on the dyno- your figures would climb a bit more.-scientific as hell , I know :).
When it was my run on that same dyno a few months before your run Shav- it failed. I definitely think that dyno is a little rough ha
I'm starting to lean to the side of selling my Lib to get something a little lighter and manual , because I'm starting to feel chasing power to level which I think is fun, isn't going to worth the cost. Even if I get an NA LIb wagon and cheap GC8 WRX to flog ( which seem to be popping up so much in the last month or so :P)

I'd be frothing if I had all these extra bits on my car Shav, your car will look next level with skirts and pods!
Whiteline rear sway bar- Invidia 3" Down pipe-TCP quad mufflers Flex Fuel tune by Matt,running e85
unisafe

Car: Subaru Liberty TBSTI 08' Auto-

Postby shav » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:10 pm

unisafe wrote:I've got a down pipe and road tune from Matt ,and my mates 09' WRX basically stock (CBE), with 4 passengers seems to accelerate (150kwatw) much faster than my auto TBSTI.
150 kwatw wheels is what I would expect from mine, so I reckon if you had another crack on the dyno- your figures would climb a bit more.-scientific as hell , I know :).
When it was my run on that same dyno a few months before your run Shav- it failed. I definitely think that dyno is a little rough ha
I'm starting to lean to the side of selling my Lib to get something a little lighter and manual , because I'm starting to feel chasing power to level which I think is fun, isn't going to worth the cost. Even if I get an NA LIb wagon and cheap GC8 WRX to flog ( which seem to be popping up so much in the last month or so :P)

I'd be frothing if I had all these extra bits on my car Shav, your car will look next level with skirts and pods!

Thanks Tom. Yes I'll it redynoed again later on. Probably not worried right now as I have other things going on I want to concentrate on. But in saying that, if I can get another readout that said about 173atw I wouldnt be unhappy. It's just a tuning tool to be honest. Still kicking myself that I didnt turn the TC off, but oh well. The car drives great and I love it so thats all that matters to me. As for the next car, it will be an STi or AMG based something :mrgreen: but that's a number of years off for now. I want to get the car looking complete and nice where I want it. The DAMD skirts and pods with some more low at the front will set it off.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods