Member Profile - Shav *07 Liberty GT Premium*

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Shav *new external detail pg47*

Postby t.renshaw34 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:32 pm

Car is coming along nicely mate. Good work! Come see me at Exhaust Tech on Goody rd in the morning if your not working. Get a quote on that exhaust job. I'll be there putting mine back together. You need to get this bad boy on the Facebook group mate. 180+ members. Another meet happening this Sunday :)
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby shav » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:27 am

peadya100 wrote:That's no good.
Easy fix though.. and luckily exhaust shops don't charge too much for their time.

Yeah thats it. Not a huge cost but needs to be done. Sucks coz the system is 2 years old but again I cant expect perfection from a bolt on kit. It's been bugging me for months so Im gathering it happened about 6-9months after it was fitted when I first noticed the mufflers were not symmetrical from the back. Im OCD with symmetry so as you can imagine it was grating on me over that period of time.

My mechanic has a tig welding guy who does winery vats for a living and is extremely pedantic with his welds. So he is coming into the workshop and getting done while the car is on the hoist. That way he has full access and all my mechanic has to do it unbolt them and bolt them back up.

t.renshaw34 wrote:Car is coming along nicely mate. Good work! Come see me at Exhaust Tech on Goody rd in the morning if your not working. Get a quote on that exhaust job. I'll be there putting mine back together. You need to get this bad boy on the Facebook group mate. 180+ members. Another meet happening this Sunday :)

Thanks Taylor I would take up your offer if I wasn't so busy. Your car is looking pimp btw. Been watching the snapchats on the progress bro. Nice work. All going well I will be at the meet and greet Sunday night.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby Tien GtB25 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:13 pm

hey shav,

Please hook me up on where u got ur rear boot spoiler.
Also i read ur spring reset to be done on ur car ... Any ideas where i can get mine done also?
And what about the rear.. Same treatment?

I dont want to spend shitzload going coilovers for now .. But to source sti pink in australia is kinda hard... U know where i can get my hand on it? And will this be reliable or should i give up and coilover and be done with it?

Thanks.
Tien
Tien GtB25

Car: MY08 Blk GTB 2.5
Profile URL: Definition of AWD - The ability to do burnout..front and back !

Postby shav » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:03 pm

Tien GtB25 wrote:hey shav,

Please hook me up on where u got ur rear boot spoiler.
Also i read ur spring reset to be done on ur car ... Any ideas where i can get mine done also?
And what about the rear.. Same treatment?

I dont want to spend shitzload going coilovers for now .. But to source sti pink in australia is kinda hard... U know where i can get my hand on it? And will this be reliable or should i give up and coilover and be done with it?

Thanks.
Tien

That spoiler I bought off a member here. So dont know where he got it from.

The springs I am getting them done at http://www.industrialsprings.com.au/aurora.htm $88 a pair of your springs reset to your specs, front or rear. Or you can buy theirs for more but set to your standards.

Speak to McDoof who also got his reset. Reckons the look is 10x better and still retains stock ride comfort.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Tien GtB25 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:08 pm

Sorry Shav but my next question are

Where will i find the spec for MY08 spec B front / rear and
Should i stick to the spec to be provided or go abit lower for max drop?

I cant justify coilovers as it is a daily rig.. And it a waste as i dont take it to the track.
It more of a "wish" mod .. Not a "needed" mod.

Tien

Ps - i just click on their website for online shopping and quote .... And they announced that they will be closin the business on 24 march.
Tien GtB25

Car: MY08 Blk GTB 2.5
Profile URL: Definition of AWD - The ability to do burnout..front and back !

Postby McDoof » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:46 am

Still happy with my setup. I only dropped the fronts because the rears had sagged a bit.
My advice would be to measure your arch gap and establish exactly how low you want to go. Keep in mind that you will be keeping the stock rebound and coil stiffness so that means you you can't go tucking the wheels up in the arches. This would cause you bottom out all over the place. Mine is as low as I would go on reset springs. The only time I have ever bottomed out with these is coming out of a steep downhill driveway at an angle. I think it was just the combination of angle and speed etc.
McDoof

Car: MY05 3.0R SpecB 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26449

Postby shav » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:20 am

Tien GtB25 wrote:Sorry Shav but my next question are

Where will i find the spec for MY08 spec B front / rear and
Should i stick to the spec to be provided or go abit lower for max drop?

I cant justify coilovers as it is a daily rig.. And it a waste as i dont take it to the track.
It more of a "wish" mod .. Not a "needed" mod.

Tien

Ps - i just click on their website for online shopping and quote .... And they announced that they will be closin the business on 24 march.

You will have to make sure the Spec B Bilstein setup CAN actually fit in your car. As far as I was aware, it is not compatible with some models. As for comfort levels, the Bilstein setup is a firmer ride, but it handles better. It is quite noticeable. You need to establish what your final outcome is. Coilovers are fine if you can get them engineered in your state cheaply enough. Sadly in SA it is stupidly expensive and will result in instant defect as well as nullification of insurance if caught.

I would opt for a 20mm drop to the front only to maintain ride balance with what you have if I were you. As you said you wont track the car but you want better handling and looks. Spend the rest on a bigger rear sway if you havent done so already.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby shav » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:00 pm

Its been a while since anything was updated. Not much to report. Had a dyno day which was a successful fail. Successful that I got a read out, a fail because I forgot to turn off the traction control. So the read out was well under expected. 163.4kw atw. :? Need to re do another dyno run but not sure if I can be bothered as its just a number.

Bought some DAMD side skirts and rear pods from a member. Should be arriving here within the next week or so.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby peadya100 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:45 pm

I look forward to seeing the skirts on Shav!

I dont believe anyone has successfully proven matts claim about traction control, so id say your figure wont change. However i heard that it was a tough dyno, so id say a figure of 175 would be more likely. Which is exactly what youd expect for a VF46.
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby jarrenowen » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:34 pm

sounds like your dyno is a tough one.
i made 174kw on a mainline in Newcastle, bone stock. yours should be closer to the 200 mark i'd imagine...
jarrenowen

Car: 2007 Liberty Gt Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31061

Postby peadya100 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:22 pm

jarrenowen wrote:sounds like your dyno is a tough one.
i made 174kw on a mainline in Newcastle, bone stock. yours should be closer to the 200 mark i'd imagine...

Doesnt quite work that way Jarren. If you look through the forum youll see that 175-180 is the max a car will make on the VF46 turbo. Thats with mods.
So your result is either record breaking for no mods, or that was a very happy dyno that you were on. Next time theres a dyno day anywhere, even the same dyno, take your car along and see how it goes.

peadya100
-stickered-

Postby jacks-GTB » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:23 pm

I almost bought those damd skirts shav....you beat me to it :(
jacks-GTB

Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16629

Postby jarrenowen » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:39 pm

peadya100 wrote:
jarrenowen wrote:sounds like your dyno is a tough one.

Doesnt quite work that way Jarren. If you look through the forum youll see that 175-180 is the max a car will make on the VF46 turbo. Thats with mods.
So your result is either record breaking for no mods, or that was a very happy dyno that you were on. Next time theres a dyno day anywhere, even the same dyno, take your car along and see how it goes.

odd, i made 125kw bone stock in S# which is about right for stock gt-b, after tune to 174kw.
i reckon with shav's mods (dump, cat back, tmic, 3port), which is pretty much the same thing i will be going for, should make at least another 20kw on top of what i have been tuned for already for p98 which would be closer to the 200 mark, although shav's car is auto...
jarrenowen

Postby peadya100 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:52 pm

As i said, 175-180 is the max youll see for modded vf46s. So regardless of your figure, that doesnt then make shavs the most powerful vf46 in history.
But anyway, im sure your car has made excellent power gains, but im so confident you dont make 175wkw that ill pay your next rego if you can get the same result on another dyno.
Last edited by peadya100 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peadya100
-stickered-

Postby jarrenowen » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:55 pm

yeah i'm not saying i'm correct cause from what i've seen too is that with a stock tune 160kw is average, mine might have definitely been a happy dyno, but i think shav's run/dyno might be harsher...
but i will hold you to your bet, cause why not :D
jarrenowen

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods