Member Profile - Shav *07 Liberty GT Premium*

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Shav

Postby ferret89 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:04 pm

Nice Shav!! Great result, well worth the cash then :lol:
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Postby peadya100 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:16 pm

Awesome shav!
So glad it went well for you.... the mod bug strikes again. Just the other day you told me the cooler was the last mod. Now you're thinking eflex haha love it!
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby shav » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:32 am

peadya100 wrote:Awesome shav!
So glad it went well for you.... the mod bug strikes again. Just the other day you told me the cooler was the last mod. Now you're thinking eflex haha love it!

Haha I know but matt said it can be done with a tweak of this tune and nothing else and he said there will be noticeable gains. Im so tempted...
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby shav » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:33 am

ferret89 wrote:Nice Shav!! Great result, well worth the cash then :lol:

By far. Cant go wrong for what I paid for the unit. Plus the gift pack was an added bonus. :P
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby shav » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:37 am

BigBCalais wrote:Sounds like a huge improvement shav, congrats :D

Thanks bryce, I feel the tmic was a worthwhile and needed mod. My economy so far has dropped from 11.6 average to 10.6 with no adjustment to my driving style. Car doesnt feel like it needs to rev as hard to get to speed. Overall very happy.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby shav » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:48 am

I forgot to mention that the torque increase was 15% more than before. And I could definitely notice it. Matt reckons my power prior to tmic was about 170ish atw. I thought it was less.

So with the new tmic and tune I have gained:
Approx 10kw atw
15% more torque
Full boost from 2500rpm on
Better fuel economy by 1L/100km
Smoother gear shifts
More consistent power levels
Potential to run eflex with minor tweaks to tune
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby shav » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:07 pm

Im in a bit of a quandary. It mainly has to do with the suspension setup of the car.

Basically speaking, I'm in 2 minds as to what I want to do. At the moment, the car is sitting exactly how I like it, but there are some downsides to it's stance and 1 is due to the fact that I keep scraping my front lip. Also another down side is the ride quality. I can handle it and have gotten used to it, but the mrs hates it. So I hear her disapproval of it everytime she gets in the car. You do feel every undulation.

Here are my thoughts:

Im due for new tyres soon, so I looking (as a thought) to refit my old springs back into the car when I fit new tyres and possibly get some 19's to help fill the arch gap. Reset the sways back to full stiff to help with the handling aspect. Sell the Teins.
OR
Just get new tyres fitted to stock wheels for now with taller profile. 45 instead of 40 to help with some level of comfort. Then save to get Shockworks coilovers and engineering done sometime next year and sell the Teins & struts.

Ultimately, I want to still maintain as much handling as possible, but want to improve the comfort more. But at the same time, I don't want to fork out mega bikkies. Im in a catch 22.

Any constructive advice is appreciated.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby BigBCalais » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:26 pm

You really are in between a rock and a hard place shav, I wish I could give some helpful advice but really I'm not sure what you should do. If you go shockworks would you put it back to the height it is now because then youd still have the scraping problem but the look you're after and good ride (presumably).

With option one, the 19s will put you back a step in ride quality so that might be something else to think about. And with putting 45 profile on it be careful it doesn't look over tyred too

Help that helps somehow :)
dr20t wrote:Simple rule. If you act like a dick then you deserved to get dicked

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Car: Black 06 Blitzen 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26522

Postby shav » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:38 pm

BigBCalais wrote:You really are in between a rock and a hard place shav, I wish I could give some helpful advice but really I'm not sure what you should do. If you go shockworks would you put it back to the height it is now because then youd still have the scraping problem but the look you're after and good ride (presumably).

With option one, the 19s will put you back a step in ride quality so that might be something else to think about. And with putting 45 profile on it be careful it doesn't look over tyred too

Help that helps somehow :)

Thanks Bryce. This is probably the dilemma most people have to come to terms with.

Should I perhaps just stick with my wheels, fit a 45 profile tyre and put the stock springs back in? Might make the car look a little 'tall'?

The other option is I fit the 45 profile tyres on and see how it feels as it is currently. Maybe once thats done it may soften the ride enough to get away with it?
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby GONEWALKABOUT » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:09 pm

i agree with bryce here. anything more than a 40 aspect ratio usually looks silly and adding 19's is just a waste of money and will probably add to the problem more than anything, and with new tires probably the equivalent of shockworks anyway.
The only positive outcome i can see here is trading the mrs in for a new model, i heard theres a 2 for 1 deal on at the moment!

Jokes aside get into contact with shockworks owners such as benny and owen as survey the difference between shockworks on the softest settings vs standard springs+ struts. May be your best bet, allowing you to wind up the stiffness, while the car warms up for the spirited drive alone

EDIT: im not sure on the differences scientifically but if the mrs hates it now i doubt going from 40->45 will help significantly anyway
GONEWALKABOUT

Postby shav » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:19 pm

GONEWALKABOUT wrote:i agree with bryce here. anything more than a 40 aspect ratio usually looks silly and adding 19's is just a waste of money and will probably add to the problem more than anything, and with new tires probably the equivalent of shockworks anyway.
The only positive outcome i can see here is trading the mrs in for a new model, i heard theres a 2 for 1 deal on at the moment!

Jokes aside get into contact with shockworks owners such as benny and owen as survey the difference between shockworks on the softest settings vs standard springs+ struts. May be your best bet, allowing you to wind up the stiffness, while the car warms up for the spirited drive alone

EDIT: im not sure on the differences scientifically but if the mrs hates it now i doubt going from 40->45 will help significantly anyway

Appreciate the advice. I would have thought having a little extra side wall profile would have helped absorb some bumps in the road better than a 40 profile. As for appearance, going up 1 profile size isn't going to look that silly surely?

If I went down the shockworks path, what profile tyre should I get in the meantime till I can afford the coilovers?
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby GONEWALKABOUT » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:50 pm

theoretically it would but the actual real world difference between the two.. i dont know.

mm to me it doesnt look 'quite right' which comes a big thing when your car is, in a sense, a piece of art. I have seen XXR's with 50 and it looked real off.

I wouldnt bother changing the profile unless your a long way off the coilovers, perhaps the best solution is to put the stock springs back in, maybe pinks if they are not as stiff
GONEWALKABOUT

Postby shav » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:23 pm

GONEWALKABOUT wrote:theoretically it would but the actual real world difference between the two.. i dont know.

mm to me it doesnt look 'quite right' which comes a big thing when your car is, in a sense, a piece of art. I have seen XXR's with 50 and it looked real off.

I wouldnt bother changing the profile unless your a long way off the coilovers, perhaps the best solution is to put the stock springs back in, maybe pinks if they are not as stiff

That's a fair call. I spose I would be losing the least amount of coin in the short term. At the moment I can't afford to fork out 2k on coilovers just yet as well as an engineers certificate. Hence the 'next year' suggestion.

Sti pinks is harder again to find second hand. On the positive though, they sit a tad higher than Teins and still have a decent handling. Maybe I need to look for a set.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby jslayz » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:33 pm

The ride vs the mrs comfort level...the age old issue.

What spring rates are you running in the Teins?

Are the dampers adjusted to a soft setting?

Run the car at a higher ride height to reduce preload n enjoy softer ride?

Change to softer springs n locktite the rings with the removable Loctite?

Just thinking about cost effective way forward.
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby shav » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:45 pm

jslayz wrote:The ride vs the mrs comfort level...the age old issue.

What spring rates are you running in the Teins?

Are the dampers adjusted to a soft setting?

Run the car at a higher ride height to reduce preload n enjoy softer ride?

Change to softer springs n locktite the rings with the removable Loctite?

Just thinking about cost effective way forward.

The shocks are average to be honest J. Im not running coilovers, to make it clear. Im running shitty monroe's in it at the moment which probably isn't helping my argument. The Tein's are S-techs in there at the moment. Pushing crap up hill is basically the issue Im facing.

As far as I can see it, the best/cheapest option is for me to stick the stock springs back in when I get new rubber and save hard and fast for coilovers. Will mean handling will be less until the c/o's go in. :?
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods