Member Profile - Shav *07 Liberty GT Premium*

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Shav

Postby ferret89 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:18 pm

shav wrote:
ferret89 wrote:The PW TMIC is under $1000 I believe, was thinking about getting one

on their website its advertised for 1100. Where did you see it advertised for 1k?

On special at Car Mods Australia:
http://www.carmodsaustralia.com.au/proc ... 409liberty
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Postby shav » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:52 pm

Hey guys, Ive been in touch with Matt from Kido. Will be getting a revision done on my car when returns to SA hopefully this month. In the mean time he advised me to purchase a 3 port solenoid to help control the wastegate better and to improve boost response. Not really sure what it does to be exact, but anyway I've bought one to hopefully iron out any kinks in the tune revision itself. Its a Pierburg unit which I got from pro speed racing - http://www.prospeedracing.com.au/produc ... odels.html
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby shav » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:53 pm

Well I had Matt fit my 3 port solenoid and we did a revised road tune.

In short, the car comes on boost faster and it holds boost far better than the stock unit ever did.

The car feels like it accelerates faster now. Matt also showed me the LV and there are no red numbers. IAM is still sitting at 1. No knocking either.

The acceleration under air con load is cleaned up and smooth. Idle quality is improved although Im still running stock platinum plugs and Matt advised me to run iridiums next service to smooth the idle further.

Over all super happy with what Matt has done and he was able to answer all my questions.

Now I can't wait to get the dump and mid done on the exhaust to improve the torque even more. :D
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby t.renshaw34 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:36 am

Sounds like the car is coming along great shav :). What are your plans for the exhaust? I can recommend x force center section. Great fit. Tucks up nice and high. Huge 14" resonator for zero drone even on autos. Thick double welded 14mm flanges. Fits stock system.

I used to vendor for them ;). They got angry because the where left with so many mufflers lying around.
X force make shit mufflers unless its their varex muffler. That is a great muff and I happen to be running a pair with custom 2.5" black tips.

Have you thought about the intake side of things?
CAI/hi flow panel?
TMIC/FMIC?
BOV?
Turbo inlet hose?

All great mods to give a little extra KW and help turbo spool. :)
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby Hotwire » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:47 am

Sounds great mate :)
|MY04 Liberty GT Wagon - Premium| |Anti Lift Kit | 18% Tint | 18" Speedy Fin7 |Now the Wifes|
|MY09 MkV Volkswagen GTi| | DSG | Leather | Sunroof | 18% Tint | Mine! |
Hotwire

Car: MY04 GT Wagon Premium

Postby shav » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:35 am

t.renshaw34 wrote:Sounds like the car is coming along great shav :). What are your plans for the exhaust? I can recommend x force center section. Great fit. Tucks up nice and high. Huge 14" resonator for zero drone even on autos. Thick double welded 14mm flanges. Fits stock system.

I used to vendor for them ;). They got angry because the where left with so many mufflers lying around.
X force make shit mufflers unless its their varex muffler. That is a great muff and I happen to be running a pair with custom 2.5" black tips.

Have you thought about the intake side of things?
CAI/hi flow panel?
TMIC/FMIC?
BOV?
Turbo inlet hose?

All great mods to give a little extra KW and help turbo spool. :)

Thanks Taylor.

As far as exhaust is concerned I want to keep the drone down as much as possible. Looking to keep the stock mufflers at the risk of losing some top end power. Matt recommended a turboxs dump which apparently suits the autos better and yeah either a x force mid or something mated to the stock mufflers. Also upgrading the cat to a high flow one while Im at it.

Future plans at this point will be minimal till the car lease is over.

I have front and rear stop tech ceramic brake pads coming from Jackson coming early next week. I got servicing on the car to do in the next 1500km. Will get the pads fitted then as well as new iridium plugs done.

Matt says the stock bov is holding boost fine so there is no need to upgrade that just yet. I also want to put off a bigger tmic till much later. I could go for better inlet hoses but not sure if there will be much gain with the stock tmic. I also have a hks panel filter fitted too. Noticed on the lv prior to revision that the panel filter did make the original kido tune change a bit and offer red negative numbers.

Can u recommend any bang for buck additions at this point Taylor?
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby shav » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:36 am

Hotwire wrote:Sounds great mate :)

Thanks lee. I'll get u to do another lv a bit later as a precaution.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby ferret89 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:08 pm

Sounds like its coming along well, what kind of power is it doing atw?
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Postby shav » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:33 pm

ferret89 wrote:Sounds like its coming along well, what kind of power is iing atw?

Hey Daniel. The first tune netted only 135kwatw. Bog stock. It now has the 3 port and hks filter and a revised tune and now feels stronger. I don't know how many kw but I can assume a couple of extra kw could be added. Mainly driveability has been added and more linear power.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby shav » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:50 pm

Got my car booked in tomorrow to get the Stop Tech brake pads supplied by Jackson fitted. Also getting a minor service done with ULX110 10w/30 oil and filter. Will fit new Iridium spark plugs at same time.

Planning on getting the rear parcel shelf decked out with dynamat to stop the rattle of the sub. Ended up getting a door kit which should easily allow me to apply dynamat to both sides of the parcel shelf if I want. Should get that done by a mate some time after Easter.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Member Profile - Shav

Postby agan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:29 pm

Nice work Shav, will be watching with interest :)
MY08 GT Spec.B Diamond Grey Sedan
agan

Car: MY08 GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18369

Postby shav » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:33 pm

agan wrote:Nice work Shav, will be watching with interest :)

Thanks Patrick. Im keen to see how good the stoptech pads are. The current MRT ones I have on at the moment I do not like. They brake okay, but leave a tonne of dust after a day. The rear pads were due for replacement anyway so I thought I'd get the front ones changed at the same time. The stop techs are rated to up to 700d temps and can be used for track days if needs be.

The plugs I was recommended to replace with iridiums by Matt (Kido), plus the service manual requires them to be done about now anyway, so I may as well get them done at the same time. The current oil is ULX110 now so all Im doing is routine maintenance.

Really looking forward to getting the dynamat done though. Ive heard how much of an improvement it makes on doors etc. I knew someone who had a 200sx and bought focal speakers for the front. It was recommended to dynamat to get the best out of the sound of the car, and boy what a difference it made once it was fitted. Could virtually crank the music to full with zero distortion or vibration. If the dynamat works out well for the parcel shelf, I'll look at getting the doors done later.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby mynameisdaniel » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:39 pm

I'd dynamat the doors rather than the parcel shelf for sound quality, I've done both (individually). All the parcel shelf did was stop a few rattles (which little bits of foam could've fixed) and stop some road noise. My sub still rattles, it's the actual cone itself going to crap...
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Postby shav » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:16 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:I'd dynamat the doors rather than the parcel shelf for sound quality, I've done both (individually). All the parcel shelf did was stop a few rattles (which little bits of foam could've fixed) and stop some road noise. My sub still rattles, it's the actual cone itself going to crap...

Thing is I know the parcel shelf is making most of the noise. I got a mate who is a sound techy guy and has done this before to check it out for me and he reckons the sub is fine. He put his hand against the parcel shelf and put some pressure on it, and the vibration reduced quite a lot with no reduction in bass quality. Not sure if this is conclusive but it points a lot towards the parcel shelf being a major contributor.

I'll be happy for you to take a look for a second opinion Daniel. Seeing as you have already dynamat the doors and rear PS, you would have an even closer idea since you already have the lib to refer to.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Hotwire » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:02 pm

Shav
Who does the dynamat for you and at what cost? I wouldn't mind doing the shelf on the BA as the factory sub rattles quite a bit and lookin to reduce road noise
|MY04 Liberty GT Wagon - Premium| |Anti Lift Kit | 18% Tint | 18" Speedy Fin7 |Now the Wifes|
|MY09 MkV Volkswagen GTi| | DSG | Leather | Sunroof | 18% Tint | Mine! |
Hotwire

Car: MY04 GT Wagon Premium

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods